Pregnant with Twins? Join the club :) - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What number of children is this for you?
1st & 2nd 24 30.00%
2nd & 3rd 31 38.75%
3rd & 4th 13 16.25%
4th & 5th 7 8.75%
5th & 6th 0 0%
6th & 7th 2 2.50%
7th & 8th 0 0%
8th & 9th 3 3.75%
9th & 10th 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2013, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HOLLY! That is WONDERFUL news!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

And yes, I'm sending lots of healthy, strong breathing vibes to Little Miss Wendy. Keep us updated when you have a chance. Congrats again!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 AM

congratulations, HOLLY!!!!! I am so glad that you got the birth you wanted!! 
Thinking of you and the girls, sending healthy baby vibes to Wendy!

slingtwin.gifEllie, partner partners.gif (12.2.08), mommy to superhero.gifE (7.5.10) & bouncy.gifbouncy.gif my Baby Belugas H & L (2.25.13)

nursex2.gifcd.gif lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 01-08-2013, 08:58 AM

Congrats Lemontwist & Adaline'sMama!

I have my anatomy scan ultrasound tomorrow with the MFM and we will hopefully confirm that we are having a girl & boy, that is what my OB thought at my last regular appointment, but she wasn't sure. I hope she is right! I think baby A definitely looked like a girl to me, but I wasn't sure about baby B as much being a boy or not, it wasn't as clear of a shot. I hit 20 weeks last Friday and the last couple weeks I've been feeling really great! I still tire a bit more easily than last time, but I finally am in my 2nd trimester energy groove, so I'm trying to get lots done around the house while I have lots of energy. After the appointment tomorrow when we should know genders, I'm going to go through all the baby clothes from DD and get them organized so they are ready to go and get lists going of what I need to buy.

I have a few things I still need to buy otherwise, but my Mom very generously bought about half of my mini-registry already, so mostly just the double stroller, another crib (won't need it right away, but I would like to have it before the babies arrive), another bouncy seat or three and a few more odds and ends. Found out that my insurance will cover a new pump 100%, but I only have a few options. I can't get another Ameda Purely Yours (mine still works, but it is a refurb from when my pump broke down last time under warranty), but I can get a Medela PIS, so I'll probably go with that. Looks like I just need a prescription, though all the folks I called are pretty confused as this is all so new to everyone, so I'll see if my OB will write one for me next appointment so I can get it early. I also ended up getting two mei tai's for the price of one as I ordered one on etsy and the seller couldn't find it, so she is sending me two as an apology!

I've been feeling tons of movement the last few weeks too and can often differentiate two babies which is cool, DH still hasn't felt them because every time he puts his hand on my belly they stop moving, but he'll feel them anytime now. I still need to have a discussion with my OB about delivering vaginally as long as Baby A is vertex and if she won't budge, I am going to look into my options more for someone who is comfortable with delivering baby B breech. If I need a C-section, I'll get one, but I don't see why Baby B can't be delivered breech and if I have to find a more experienced caregiver, I will, though I don't know how much luck I am going to have. Need to schedule a tour of the other hospital I might deliver at just to see how it is and to make sure we know how to get there and park and all that and then preregister at both (and keep copies of the form this time and put them in my hospital bag in case they lose it like last time!) I also need to figure out who is going to take care of DD when I go into labor.

Finally got the Having Twins - and more book from the library as well, it is great and probably the most comprehensive twin book I've read yet.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM

the ultrasound tech surprised us today with 3D pictures! They look surprisingly baby-like for 23 weeks and 2 days (A is measuring 25 weeks and 2 days and B is measuring 24 weeks and 2 days)

B has some cysts on one kidney but I forget what she called them....something about how they normally appear around 32 weeks so it could just be that they appeared early? I go back in 4 weeks to check on the cysts and growth and I see my OB next Tuesday. A is head-down and kicking my right side ribs, and B's head is in my left side ribs, feet down.

First time mom to twin boys born April 24! luxlove.gif Owen & Wyatt luxlove.gif

Old 01-09-2013, 10:53 AM

I'm now joining you guys!!! We had our dating ultrasound done yesterday for our first prenatal appointment and immediately popped up twins!! I had my suspicions that I was already carrying more than one, but didn't want to seem like I was going crazy so didn't really say anything to anyone. It's still sureal though. I keep looking at my ultrasound pictures. I'm 9 weeks 5 days today.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 AM

Congrats southernmommie!

Nice pictures jessmn smile.gif

I don't have the pictures scanned yet, but we got confirmation today that we are having a girl and a boy smile.gif I'm thrilled!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Old 01-10-2013, 03:33 PM

Sweet pictures, jessmn. Keep us updated on the kidney situation!

WELCOME southernmommie! It's pretty cool to find out so early, isn't it? I found out at 8 weeks but I had NO IDEA. Such a surprise. That's cool that you had that feeling!

Quinalla - congrats! I wanted b/g twins so badly, but it wasn't meant to be for us. I'll share in your delight!

For those who are in the 3rd trimester (or if your babies are here!), have you had any queasiness/morning sickness returning? Though it's NOWHERE near as bad as it was for the first half of this pregnancy, I've been feeling super queasy in the afternoon and evenings again. Just wondering if this is common.

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaCrunchy View Post

For those who are in the 3rd trimester (or if your babies are here!), have you had any queasiness/morning sickness returning? Though it's NOWHERE near as bad as it was for the first half of this pregnancy, I've been feeling super queasy in the afternoon and evenings again. Just wondering if this is common.

I was having some mild nausea and food aversions again, but it let up a couple days ago (I'm 34 weeks tomorrow).  The food aversions are such a pain because I hardly have enough energy to cook these days, and the aversions take away most of my motivation to cook a decent meal.  

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
Old 01-11-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambleberry View Post

I was having some mild nausea and food aversions again, but it let up a couple days ago (I'm 34 weeks tomorrow).  The food aversions are such a pain because I hardly have enough energy to cook these days, and the aversions take away most of my motivation to cook a decent meal.  

yes! exactly!! I do have a few zofran left from earlier. I may resort to taking one of those now and again to make things a little more tolerable.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:06 PM

Please send good vibes my way. Baby A is breech and we just passed 31 weeks. I'm worried that we are down to the wire and he still hasn't turned. I really just want a chance at a vaginal birth!

slingtwin.gifEllie, partner partners.gif (12.2.08), mommy to superhero.gifE (7.5.10) & bouncy.gifbouncy.gif my Baby Belugas H & L (2.25.13)

Old 01-13-2013, 06:26 AM

What things are you trying to help them turn?  The spinning babies website has a section on twins, but it's hard to find.  you have to do a search.  I would give you the link but our computer recently crashed and I lost all my bookmarks.  Chiropractic adjustment (webster technique) has seemed to work for me with both pregnancies now (I say "seemed" because I was trying lots of different things - hard to know which worked or combo - but the flipping happened both times right after an adjustment).  Good luck!  Here are some good head down vibes: goodvibes.gif

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM

I've done the breech tilt and the inversion exercise from spinning babies. There are no webster certified chiros that accept my insurance, and I can't afford to pay out of pocket. 
I've resorted to using my birthday wish to get him to turn. Ultrasound tomorrow. Crossing my fingers!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 PM

Can I just say how tired I am of being pregnant?  My whole body aches, I feel like they are going to drop out at any minute, yet they don't.  Anyways.... ugh.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyandmikey View Post

Can I just say how tired I am of being pregnant?  My whole body aches, I feel like they are going to drop out at any minute, yet they don't.  Anyways.... ugh.

Oh I am SO with you.  This has been such a different experience than my singleton pregnancy.  I feel like I am almost completely incapacitated.  I'm a really independent person who really values being able to do things for myself, and I'm having to rely on DH for almost everything now.  

Are you still on bedrest?  Is there a point where you'll be given the go-ahead to start doing more? If I remember correctly, you're due about the same time I am, right?  (I'm feb 23rd)  I haven't been officially put on bedrest, but was just told to "lie down and take it easy" if I start having too frequent ctx, and put on pelvic rest.  Just "taking it easy" has been incredibly hard for me, and I'm counting down days to 36 weeks when I'll feel like I can start getting a little more exercise again.  9 days to go! 

Old 01-17-2013, 03:23 PM

Had our 32 week ultrasound this morning. Baby A is head down! Hoping this will be his one and only flip. We will see. Both babies are measuring 3lb 15oz and looking great!

Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 PM

Good job, Baby A!  clap.gif

Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM

Oh my gosh, you guys.

I hate to come on here and do nothing but complain, but I am SO WORN OUT.

I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow. I had an u/s this morning and they are estimating Baby A at 4 lbs, 8 oz and Baby B at 6 lbs. I know u/s estimates can be so inaccurate, but that sure would explain why I can't breathe after just walking across the room! Ironically, both of my boys are head down and would be in perfect position for a vaginal birth, but alas, they'll be repeat c-section. (Both of my older girls were C-births.) I'm sending lots of solid head-down vibes to all of you who are working on positioning your wee ones!!

I'm on weekly ultrasounds now to keep an eye on their growth discordance and also our Baby B has some kidney issues that are right on the line between normal and not-normal.

Brambleberry - I am SO with you on how FRUSTRATING it is to be so incapacitated. Thankfully, my DH's job is really flexible and he is just so excited about getting TWO BOYS that he has been awesome in helping. But it really doesn't change the fact that I HATE not being able to do hardly anything. Trying to let go and remember it's only a few more weeks.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 PM

I had another ultrasound on wednesday. Babies are both still head down. A is weighing 5 pounds and B is 4 pounds 6 oz. They have been in the 35ish percentile, but now B has dropped to the 11th. I had to do a NST at the dr. office, which they didn't pass. So then headed over to L&D after eating and did another NST which they did pass. I have another NST scheduled for Monday and then again on Thursday. Honestly I'm not overly concerned about it. Those measurements are so hard to get now. And the tech I had did not do a very good job I feel. I wish they would just give me another ultrasound. 

I had a pregnancy massage today and it was sooo nice! I wish I could get one everyday. I am right there with everyone else in feeling miserable and completely out of energy. I've also been getting so excited about meeting my two little ones! However I'm trying to think in terms of "what can I do now that I won't be able to do when they come?". Little things like going to the grocery store, getting a massage, shopping etc... I'm also going to try and squeeze in a pedicure this weekend hopefully. :)

Stay at home wife and mommy to four beautiful girls Ashlyn (3.5), Sydney (2), and identical twins Cambrie and Acacia (6 months)   twins.gif

Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 PM

Did you feel at some point in the pregnancy that you had to sleep with a belly band? I'm wearing one during the day but I'm starting to hurt still towards the afternoon. I've got a maternity support belt from a friend today. Just wondering if any of you had to wear the bands while you slept too?

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 01-19-2013, 06:34 AM

I don't notice a huge difference when I wear mine anyway, and it's uncomfortable enough (bulky and scratchy) that I even take it off for naps.  If I'm going to be on my feet for a while I try to remember to wear them and they do help, but not a whole awful lot.  I try not to be on my feet too much these days anyway.  I have a medela belt-type support, and a "best cradle" that has straps that go over the shoulders - it doesn't actually put much weight on the shoulders, I think the straps are mostly to keep the back support arranged properly.  The Best Cradle is definitely more supportive than the Medela, but the straps that cross over the shoulders and across the chest show if you wear a wide-necked or low cut shirt, and it's harder to get on and off. 

At night I'm comfortable as long as I'm laying down and using my body pillow, but I have to be careful to support my belly with one arm when I turn or get up to pee, or I get terrible round ligament pain.  I have a Theraline pillow which I mostly like - it's really supportive, but hard to arrange.  It should work well for a twin nursing pillow too.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM

Thank you for that detailed explanation! This isn't my first, second, or even third pregnancy, so this one feels like its on a fast-forward progression. I'm thinking I am going to need to buy a pillow for this pregnancy for when I sleep. I'm still trying to figure out which pregnancy pillow I want. I am quickly realizing that this is a whole different ballgame.

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 01-19-2013, 12:56 PM

I've only had one other pregnancy, but yes TOTALLY different ball game.  Honestly, it took me a while to grieve the loss of the "normal" pregnancy (and birth) that I was expecting.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 AM

I have the Best Cradle, too, but find it way too uncomfortable for sleeping in. And I do hate how the across the chest straps show with pretty much all maternity tops!

If I had a more flexible, less restrictive belly band, I can see how wearing it at night might help with comfort, kind of like how wearing a lightly supportive bra to sleep in helps with breast tenderness and soreness.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:23 PM

Yep still on bed rest here.... go back to the MFM doctor tomorrow.  My regular OB stinks.... didn't even check me for dilation on friday, though I've checked, and things are progressing.  I've allowed myself to be on my feet more since we hit the 35 week mark.  My belly is so big and I can't breathe anymore.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambleberry View Post

I've only had one other pregnancy, but yes TOTALLY different ball game.  Honestly, it took me a while to grieve the loss of the "normal" pregnancy (and birth) that I was expecting.
Seriously, I still get a bit upset/sad at times that this can't be like my easy first pregnancy, then I feel bad because really I've had a very easy twin pregnancy so far, but still those feelings are there. i am just sick of tiring out so much easier, my 1st pregnancy I didn't feel tired except some in the 1st trimester and the last couple weeks. I know having a toddler doesn't help, but still, I can't even walk up a flight or two of stairs, especially if carrying a load of laundry, without feeling winded. I'm preparing to be similarly frustrated at times with having two infants instead of one like I was planning, but I know there will also be so many joyful twin moments too.

Sorry that everyone is so uncomfortable, I'm not too uncomfortable yet at 22 weeks, but I have a long way to go!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 PM

Gosh I'm glad I haven't had the experience of a single pregnancy before twins! I have had an easy twin pregnancy, too, but that doesn't keep me from being overly paranoid about everything. Of course that's probably just my nature more than anything! smile.gif

First time mom to twin boys born April 24! luxlove.gif Owen & Wyatt luxlove.gif

Old 01-21-2013, 07:12 PM

I'm feeling like I"m already having Braxton Hicks. I get them with all my pregnancies, but not normally until 3rd trimester. So feeling them now was kinda a shocker. But it was after a day that I was walking around for about 3-4 hours. Probably shouldn't have done that.

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM

So i'm feeling really frustrated and  in a total funk today... I had another scheduled NST yesterday at the hospital. They tried for over an hour to find 2 heartbeats and eventually had to bring in the on call doctor and the ultrasound machine. He was able to see both hearts beating which was such a huge relief. I was really starting to get freaked out. Anyway come to find out babies have gone from vertex vertex to transverse and breech! At 34 weeks! My doctor tried to reassure me that if they can flip once they can do it again. But now I feel paranoid about going into labor. I feel like this ticking time bomb. And my kids are driving me nuts today. UGH...rant over. Sorry guys, just one of those days...

Stay at home wife and mommy to four beautiful girls Ashlyn (3.5), Sydney (2), and identical twins Cambrie and Acacia (6 months)   twins.gif

Old 01-22-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post

I'm feeling like I"m already having Braxton Hicks. I get them with all my pregnancies, but not normally until 3rd trimester. So feeling them now was kinda a shocker. But it was after a day that I was walking around for about 3-4 hours. Probably shouldn't have done that.

I had a day of BH in first tri and a pretty intense day of BH in 2nd tri, at 14.5 weeks.  Both instances seemed clearly linked to uterine growth spurts.  I forget when exactly they started up for real.  Maybe around 28 or 30 weeks.

rblakley - so sorry the babies flipped on you!  I hope they do go back to vertex soon.  I haven't had as much trouble with the NST as you're describing, but the last two times the nurses have had a really hard time getting a consistent reading on baby A.  They'll get her for a few seconds and then she moves away from the monitor.  She's a little behind baby B which makes it hard to get a good angle on her.  Today we finally got enough good accelerations from her and just needed 6 minutes more strip, and suddenly my nurse had to run off to help with a delivery next door (it's a really small hospital).  So my hopes for a reasonable length test were dashed, but I was glad to see that the nurses had their priorities straight.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 PM

hiya ladies, im thinking someone should think about starting that pregnant with multiples in 2013 or something similar soon. since I'm sure Holly has her hands full, she may not be around to update the roster on this thread and stuffs.

any takers?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Tags
My Brest Friend Twins Plus Deluxe Nursing Pillow , Magical Multiple Moments Parents Of Multiples Share Stories And Advice On Raising Happy Healthy Twin
User Tag List