Pregnant with Twins? Join the club :) - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: What number of children is this for you?
1st & 2nd 24 30.00%
2nd & 3rd 31 38.75%
3rd & 4th 13 16.25%
4th & 5th 7 8.75%
5th & 6th 0 0%
6th & 7th 2 2.50%
7th & 8th 0 0%
8th & 9th 3 3.75%
9th & 10th 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 448 Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by withlittlelungs View Post

I've done the breech tilt and the inversion exercise from spinning babies. There are no webster certified chiros that accept my insurance, and I can't afford to pay out of pocket. 
I've resorted to using my birthday wish to get him to turn. Ultrasound tomorrow. Crossing my fingers!

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that your Baby A made the flip to head down after 30 weeks! The best of luck to you. I'm in the same boat with my insurance and finding a webster certified chiropractor. I've spent a lot of time on the spinning babies website and every piece of workout equipment/yoga prop we own is being used for the sole purpose of trying to get these babies to turn. Are the breech tilt and inversion exercises the only two techniques you used? I'm thinking about trying moxibustion, but this is typically done a little later on in the pregnancy. I'll be 30 weeks on Friday and both babies have been transverse with their heads on the right side for months. I can get Baby B to move her head down out of my ribs by a few inches and then the next day it's right back in place. At least it forces me to have good posture because it's uncomfortable to slouch with her head in my liver, lol. 

Wild crazy in love with DF hug.gif. Starting a family together with his pups dog2.gif, my cats cat.gif and our twin girls, born 3-26-13. familybed2.gif

#422 of 448 Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 AM

Hi I am new to this thread. I am 23weeks pregnant with twins!
#423 of 448 Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 PM

Hi and welcome, noramrubys!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#424 of 448 Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM

Got a question for you ladies. I have been feeling consistent frequent movements under my ribcage and in the middle below just there. Now everything I'm reading is saying that I shouldn't be measuring that high yet for twins at 12 weeks. This is my 6th successful pregnancy. It feels identical to first movements for my previous singletons just higher and only on the one side. The movements are always in the same spot. I feel them more often at night when I lay down in the bed. I'm not crazy am I?

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#425 of 448 Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM

Our boys. Lachlan and Kai. Di/di born Nov 27th 2012. 38w5d. 8lbs and 7lb6oz.

They are 7 weeks old in this picture.

Our 3.5 yr old DD Arden and her little brothers. She has been very loving with them. Although she isn't very cooperate at pictures these days.

Our DD meeting her brothers. She instantly wanted to hold them.

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#426 of 448 Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-bear View Post

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that your Baby A made the flip to head down after 30 weeks! The best of luck to you. I'm in the same boat with my insurance and finding a webster certified chiropractor. I've spent a lot of time on the spinning babies website and every piece of workout equipment/yoga prop we own is being used for the sole purpose of trying to get these babies to turn. Are the breech tilt and inversion exercises the only two techniques you used? I'm thinking about trying moxibustion, but this is typically done a little later on in the pregnancy. I'll be 30 weeks on Friday and both babies have been transverse with their heads on the right side for months. I can get Baby B to move her head down out of my ribs by a few inches and then the next day it's right back in place. At least it forces me to have good posture because it's uncomfortable to slouch with her head in my liver, lol. 

Those are the only techniques I used. I did more inversion than tilt. I will be crossing my fingers and sending good vibes your way!

colsxjack- the boys are SOOOOOOO adorable!!!!!

slingtwin.gifEllie, partner partners.gif (12.2.08), mommy to superhero.gifE (7.5.10) & bouncy.gifbouncy.gif my Baby Belugas H & L (2.25.13)

nursex2.gifcd.gif lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#427 of 448 Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 PM

Great pictures!  Congratulations!!

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#428 of 448 Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM

Congrats colsxjack, those pictures are wonderful, especially the last one with DD holding them both smile.gif

If no one else wants to volunteer, I can start a new thread, but I will only guarantee regular updates until my twins arrive hopefully in mid-late May! After that, I will probably be MIA for awhile. Is that ok with you ladies or if someone else wants to do it, I'll be happy to let them do it instead.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#429 of 448 Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM

Had a biophysical profile today today with measurements. Both babies are now in the 11th percentile at 5 lb 1 oz. But they are both head down again! YAY! I have an appointment on Thursday so we will see what my doc says about them dropping percentile. (down from 37th) I will be 36 weeks on Thursday. Does anybody have any experience with babies dropping percentiles? 

Stay at home wife and mommy to four beautiful girls Ashlyn (3.5), Sydney (2), and identical twins Cambrie and Acacia (6 months)   twins.gif

#430 of 448 Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblakley View Post

Had a biophysical profile today today with measurements. Both babies are now in the 11th percentile at 5 lb 1 oz. But they are both head down again! YAY! I have an appointment on Thursday so we will see what my doc says about them dropping percentile. (down from 37th) I will be 36 weeks on Thursday. Does anybody have any experience with babies dropping percentiles? 
Glad they are both head down again, no experience with dropping percentiles but would be interested to hear what your doc has to say.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#431 of 448 Old 01-29-2013, 05:26 PM

rblakely - congrats on head-down babies!  If the BPP was good, I'd suspect that the measurements are maybe a little off?  I think it is normal for twins to slow down in growth somewhat, though.  Good luck, and keep us posted!

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#432 of 448 Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM

Copied from my dd club...

I was due on Feb. 22nd, with frat.  Boy/girl twins.... but they had other plans. 

I Had preterm labor at 27 and 29 weeks, had steroid shots, etc then, then spent the next 60 plus days on bedrest. On Jan. 23rd. I was having contractions for about two days, and we decided to run to the hospital to get checked out . Turned out I was dilated, and effaced and was having contractions every 2-3 mins even though I was thinking they were 10 mins. apart. We had a new doctor, they checked the babies, and they were both head down. About 2 mins. after the ultrasound, Jase (boy) decided to flip and they saw it. So, we had an emergency csection in 30 mins. It was crazy.... a huge crazy confusing event. I wasn't able to get anyone there to be with us, we were kind of just lost.... they rushed me back, forced drugs into my system, pushed antibiotics thru my IV just in case, and it hurt like crazy!!!! Then they did the spinal and within just a few minutes they delivered the twins. Honestly, I've always wondered what people meant by "Traumatic Birth expereinces" But that is exactly what I had. The babies were lifted up for Jason and I to see and then rushed to the NICU, because despite their steriods, they had issues breathing. About 4 hours later, I was out of recovery, they wheeled me to the NICU to see the babies, and then to my room. It was crazy... and today I'm feeling all the emotions I've held in for a week. It's not easy not being able to take care of your kids and not being able to bring them home. 

I've never had a csection before, and I've always done natural birth. This birth was so fast, so rushed, so scary, it was something my dh and I had never imagined happening to us.  We are still questioning what happened, and wondering why.  I had said I'd do whatever needed to be done to keep the babies safe and healthy, but the birth was just a bit much, and I'm left wandering what happened.  We are going to be bringing up our concerns to the doctor when I go in two weeks for my check up.  

So, they are here.... Miss Josie Marie born Jan. 23rd at 11:40 pm, and Mr. Jase Henry born Jan. 23rd at 11:41. They are both still in the NICU. They are finally off of oxygen. Jase is nursing like a champ, and occasionally has to have a bottle. He is no longer on oxygen and is in an open crib, and is able to maintain his body temp. He does set his alarms off, with Bradys.... so he is there until he can stop having these. Josie on the other hand is still in an incubator. She is finally off oxygen but still has an NG tube for feeds. She has started to nurse, but she's really lazy and falls asleep during feeds and ends up having to be tube fed. She still sets off her alarms, and she is not able to maintain her body temp. So, we have a long way to go with her. They are both adorable and perfect in every way. Jase was 5 lbs 10oz and Josie was 5 lbs 3 oz. Now Jase is 5 lbs 3 oz and Josie is at 4 lbs 11 oz.

So, while they are here, I'm left in a state of shock and confusion.  We practice attachment parenting, which you can't do in a NICU.  We've had to sit back and just look at our babies.  Now that we can hold them, we do our best to hold them and be with them as much as possible.  I'm pumping milk and nursing as often as I can.  But we do have other kids at home, so we can't be there 24/7, and we can't stay overnight there every night.  So, we are relying on the nurses there to respect our parenting wishes.  We have had a few crappy nurses who have looked at us like we are crazy, but my husband has set them straight, explained to them we have 3 other children, and we know what we are doing.  He's had to explain to one nurse that if she mentioned circumsicion again, he'd call the head of the hosptial and have her fired  ;)  Needless to say, we are doing our best.  The babies are extremely quiet babies, they don't really cry, and they seem to be doing well in the NICU.  Which is good, because its so hard for me to leave them.   

So, anyways, I'm praying you all have a better birth experience then me....

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#433 of 448 Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 PM

wow that is a whirwind birth story! I'm glad they are improving so quickly, and hope they get to go home soon.

---------------------------

If anyone is interested, the University of Washington has a Twin Registry with a lot of twin information. Under the For Twins section, you'll find info about the types of twins, studies they are working on and have completed, resources, and FAQ. My brother and I participate in the registry and I like to tell others about it. Plus, the website is new and so it was fun to read through all of the info. Thought you all might be interested!

www.uwtwinregistry.org/

First time mom to twin boys born April 24! luxlove.gif Owen & Wyatt luxlove.gif

#434 of 448 Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 AM

Kristin - WHOA. That is a lot to deal with. I am so sorry for the traumatic experience. I can only imagine how difficult that must be to process.

Sending lots of get-healthy-go-home vibes to Jase and Josie (LOVE THE NAMES!) and lots of be-gentle-take-care-of-yourself vibes to you, mama. May you find peace and comfort in the days and weeks to come.

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#435 of 448 Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 PM

Is there a thread like this for mamas due in summer 2013? smile.gif

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#436 of 448 Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 PM

You can start one!  (or feel free to join in here until somebody else does smile.gif)

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#437 of 448 Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 PM

I might hang here if you all dont mind. smile.gif Overwhelmed and could use some wise mama.

My babies are due July 28 and are number 8 and 9 for our children. Feel like I am starting all over and have no clue what I am doing. redface.gif

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#438 of 448 Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 AM

hug.gif Bailey, thinking about you and your family and I hope your babies keep doing well and can be home with you soon!

#439 of 448 Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 AM

I started a new thread for Spring/Summer here, but everyone is welcome to join in and if you want your info in the new thread and fall outside Spring/Summer, I'm happy to include everyone, just post an update!

#440 of 448 Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 AM

My last dr appt I was "easily" 3 cm and 80% effaced and he stripped my membranes. That was on Thursday. I'm wondering if that means I have already lost my mucous plug? I didn't think to ask my doctor when I was there. However today I am having an increase in discharge (sorry if tmi). I am so looking forward to meeting my baby girls and at the same time wanting them to be fully healthy and developed. Also so not looking forward to having to push out 2 babies! So many mixed emotions and on top of that I have been crying so much lately. I know my hormones are out of whack because I am usually not a crier. For those of you who have already given birth to your babes, do you mind sharing your symptoms leading up to labor actually starting? I will be 38 weeks on Thursday. 

Stay at home wife and mommy to four beautiful girls Ashlyn (3.5), Sydney (2), and identical twins Cambrie and Acacia (6 months)   twins.gif

#441 of 448 Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 AM

there is a new thread, lets move chat over there and let this one close up.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#442 of 448 Old 02-10-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblakley View Post

My last dr appt I was "easily" 3 cm and 80% effaced and he stripped my membranes. That was on Thursday. I'm wondering if that means I have already lost my mucous plug? I didn't think to ask my doctor when I was there. However today I am having an increase in discharge (sorry if tmi). I am so looking forward to meeting my baby girls and at the same time wanting them to be fully healthy and developed. Also so not looking forward to having to push out 2 babies! So many mixed emotions and on top of that I have been crying so much lately. I know my hormones are out of whack because I am usually not a crier. For those of you who have already given birth to your babes, do you mind sharing your symptoms leading up to labor actually starting? I will be 38 weeks on Thursday. 

I'm responding over in the new chat thread -->

#443 of 448 Old 08-16-2013, 11:17 AM

Just found out and joining the club!
#444 of 448 Old 08-22-2013, 03:57 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

imalego2, come on over to http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1374101/pregnant-with-twins-or-more-spring-summer-2013/300#post_17438426 where the chatting is happening.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#445 of 448 Old 09-02-2013, 07:50 AM

Name?  Alyson

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 35 and 33

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? di/di

What number of kids will is be for you? 2 and 3, but this is my first pregnancy. Adopted dd at birth 1/6/12.

Genders? We will be finding out! I can't wait.

EDD and or planned birth timing? 2/26/13. Hoping to make it to February break in the school year to buy myself an extra week home with the babies. 

State you live in? NH

#446 of 448 Old 09-20-2013, 01:07 AM

Hi my name is Sarra

My partner and I are both 37

I think the babies are di/di, I am not familiar with these terms,  

The babies will be number 2 and 3 for us. 

They are both girls,

EDD and or planned birth timing? dispite doing a little (very little) research I have no idea what is meant by thease terms.  My babies will come when they are ready.

I don't live in America, so no state.

#447 of 448 Old 09-20-2013, 05:40 AM

I'm having twin boys on December 10, 2013. I'm only 28 weeks and I'm soooo big already. I'm having a wonderful pregnancy but of course some of the aches and pains expected with pregnancy. I'm having pain in my sternum, and my stomach is extremely sensitive--it tickles and itches if I put clothes on. Anybody having these symptoms?
#448 of 448 Old 09-23-2013, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

~~~~This thread is great for reference, but we won't be adding any more people to it. Most of the ladies who were on this list have already had their babies. There is a new thread that is posted just above.~~~~~~~

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Tags
My Brest Friend Twins Plus Deluxe Nursing Pillow , Magical Multiple Moments Parents Of Multiples Share Stories And Advice On Raising Happy Healthy Twin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page