Pregnant with Twins? Join the club :) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What number of children is this for you?
1st & 2nd 24 30.00%
2nd & 3rd 31 38.75%
3rd & 4th 13 16.25%
4th & 5th 7 8.75%
5th & 6th 0 0%
6th & 7th 2 2.50%
7th & 8th 0 0%
8th & 9th 3 3.75%
9th & 10th 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 448 Old 10-22-2012, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome Jessica and Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#242 of 448 Old 10-22-2012, 02:20 PM

I had an appointment today. Doctor said it looked like there was a good amount of amniotic fluid. Baby A was head down and baby B was breech. I go in next month for a more detailed ultrasound to measure growth and to do my blood glucose screening. I'm still on once a month appointments. How often are you ladies being seen? When did your visits increase? I know it can be different with each doctor, I just thought he would be wanting to see me more often by now...

Has anyone else been super clumsy lately? I fell yesterday and almost fell 3 times today! It really shook me up yesterday when I fell, luckily I didn't land on my belly!

Stay at home wife and mommy to four beautiful girls Ashlyn (3.5), Sydney (2), and identical twins Cambrie and Acacia (6 months)   twins.gif

#243 of 448 Old 10-22-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblakley View Post

I had an appointment today. Doctor said it looked like there was a good amount of amniotic fluid. Baby A was head down and baby B was breech. I go in next month for a more detailed ultrasound to measure growth and to do my blood glucose screening. I'm still on once a month appointments. How often are you ladies being seen? When did your visits increase? I know it can be different with each doctor, I just thought he would be wanting to see me more often by now...

Has anyone else been super clumsy lately? I fell yesterday and almost fell 3 times today! It really shook me up yesterday when I fell, luckily I didn't land on my belly!

Welcome and congrats, Jess and Coome! Yay, more twins!

Adaline'sMama and others on "the math"--I thought I read that 25% of di/di twins were identical and 75% were fraternal...there does seem to be a lot of confusion on this subject! Adline'sMama--how you feel when people start doing math is the look I get when I try to explain to people how di/di could be identical...all depends on if the cell splits after implanting or before...biology may scare most people even more than math! I'm pretty sure mine are going to be fraternal since my dad is a fraternal twin in a set of two boys and I'm expecting two boys...and my pregnancy seems to be going a lot like my grandmother's.

rblakley-I am currently seen every 3 weeks, but am getting some more detailed ultrasounds in between to monitor growth (first at 18 weeks, next one will be at 25 weeks). My doctor says I will start going every two weeks once I hit 30 weeks, and sometime after that will be once a week, I think, depending on how things go, I guess.

I'm clumsy all the time, and can't tell yet if it's increased due to pregnancy or not :)

#244 of 448 Old 10-22-2012, 03:39 PM

Yeah for good appointments, Adaline'smama and Rblakley!  Good to hear that at least your baby A's are getting into position already.  My little ones seem to be changing position a lot still - based on the changing locations of kicks.

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#245 of 448 Old 10-22-2012, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblakley View Post

I have been so clumsy!!!

I'm still only being seen every four weeks. My schedule is like this:

1st trimester- two visits

2nd trimester- every 4 weeks

3rd trimester- every two weeks

Last 4 weeks (34-38 weeks)- once a week. 

Although, my us tech does do measurements every 4 weeks. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminvc View Post

Welcome and congrats, Jess and Coome! Yay, more twins!

Adaline'sMama and others on "the math"--I thought I read that 25% of di/di twins were identical and 75% were fraternal...there does seem to be a lot of confusion on this subject! Adline'sMama--how you feel when people start doing math is the look I get when I try to explain to people how di/di could be identical...all depends on if the cell splits after implanting or before...biology may scare most people even more than math! I'm pretty sure mine are going to be fraternal since my dad is a fraternal twin in a set of two boys and I'm expecting two boys...and my pregnancy seems to be going a lot like my grandmother's.

rblakley-I am currently seen every 3 weeks, but am getting some more detailed ultrasounds in between to monitor growth (first at 18 weeks, next one will be at 25 weeks). My doctor says I will start going every two weeks once I hit 30 weeks, and sometime after that will be once a week, I think, depending on how things go, I guess.

I'm clumsy all the time, and can't tell yet if it's increased due to pregnancy or not :)

I didnt realize that twins could be passed down through the father, I thought they had to be from your moms side of the family. That's good to know- even though Im having two girls. 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#246 of 448 Old 10-22-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:

I didnt realize that twins could be passed down through the father, I thought they had to be from your moms side of the family. That's good to know- even though Im having two girls. 

Yeah, I have also read that they can only be passed from the mother, but then I've heard it can "skip a generation." I just think it's too coincidental to ignore. There are absolutely no twins on my mom's side of the family.

#247 of 448 Old 10-22-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminvc View Post

Yeah, I have also read that they can only be passed from the mother, but then I've heard it can "skip a generation." I just think it's too coincidental to ignore. There are absolutely no twins on my mom's side of the family.

I'm not sure if it has to be the mother's maternal line only.  The definite thing is that it has nothing to do with your husband and his history.

On the clumsiness thing - I'm knocking things over with my belly now and DH won't 'let' me on ladders anymore.  Even step ladders.  I fell off one at 37 weeks with DD.  I'm definitely finding that my center of gravity is shifted and unpredictable.

On another note, I just found this inspiring video on natural twin birth.  There are some impressive bumps on there!  I don't know what I'm going to do about pants when I get that big - I hate the under-belly styles.  I might be stuck with skirts for the last few weeks.  but boo for skirts in winter!

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#248 of 448 Old 10-23-2012, 01:26 PM

I'm not 100% but i believe that a guy can pass on a twin tendency that he genetically got from his mother and pass it to his daughter,

since they dont  really know what causes it, they cant say for sure.

so yeah you could get it from your dad or really your fraternal grandmother,

and yeah it has nothing to do with the father of your twins, he just picked what sex they are!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#249 of 448 Old 10-23-2012, 04:24 PM

Does anyone else feel like their medical bills are off the charts because you are carrying twins?  I get an ultrasound every few weeks.... to the tune of $2,400 each time!  Yikes!  We have insurance but still have to pay 20%

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#250 of 448 Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 PM

Baileyandmikey...yes.  It is more expensive.  Depending on where you go, they charge more or less.  If you are at a perinatologist or maternal fetal medical clinic then yes, that sounds about right for an ultrasound.  My OB office has a sonographer and the MDs read their own ultrasounds, so for my ultrasounds they are about $950, depending exctly on what we are scanning for...limited or extensive.  I'm still paying 20% of mine too.  Its an expense that many singleton pregnacies just don't have.  Wish my out of pocket was lower, like it was in my first twin pregnancy.  We will hit our out of pocket with this one too, its just so much more!

Married 2002.  Di-di twin girls 2010.  Mono-di twin girls 2012.

#251 of 448 Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 AM

Welcome Emily and Jessica! So fun to add new mamas, and makes me realize I'm getting further and further along.

I have another u/s tomorrow. So far, I'm still seeing my OB every four weeks, but seeing the MFM for ultrasounds every three weeks. (With mono-di, wanting to keep an eye on development, fluid levels, etc.) I feel like one doctor or the other said after 24 weeks, I'll be in more often? Maybe I dreamed that. LOL. But I'm 20 weeks now, so we'll see.

YES to the clumsy. Our laundry is in our basement and I have to go down rickety old stairs to get down there. I've had to make myself slow down because I've gotten tripped up on them so easily.

Finally broke down and got one of those belly cradle thingies (I got this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I5UAS4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02) Hoping it helps with this back pain!

I also realized yesterday that we have, at most, four months until our twins are here. (We will deliver no later than 38 weeks.) FOUR MONTHS TO GO. We haven't done a thing to get a space set up for them. I am freaking out a little bit.

I have, however, been researching newborn cloth diapers like a crazy lady. I also found this company that does cloth diaper rental and has a program just for multiples if any of you are interested: http://shop.earthycrunchymama.com/products/newborn-cloth-diaper-rental (look under the costs tab for an explanation of how she does it for multiples)

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#252 of 448 Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 AM

Yikes! I am happy I have the insurance I do after reading the last couple of replies. The only thing I've paid out of pocket so far was $15 copay to see a dietician, which was a total joke, but I think DH appreciated the info. I guess HMO is the way to go IF you're having twins and love your doctor, like I do! I'm lucky in that sense.

@SortaCrunchy--I also broke down and got a support belt last night. I had so much pain Monday & yesterday afternoon & evening that I literally made DH drive me to the maternity outlet here at 8pm to get one. They only had 3 options, but one was for women carrying multiples. I said, "That's me!" tried it on, and wow, what a difference. My pain is mostly on the sides. My weight is 100% belly, out in front and kind of high, and from my back and around the sides of the belly just hurts trying to hold it up. Today's the first day I'm wearing it all day, so we'll see how I feel around 3pm, which seems to be the time pain kicks in and doesn't go away.

#253 of 448 Old 10-24-2012, 06:21 PM

Thanks everyone! I am trying to figure out this posting system, and didn't realize I'd had some welcomes :)

QMtwins - I saw you sent me a welcome, but the website is not allowing me to send a message back! Congrats on a very surprising second set of twins!

I agree that it's very cool that I'm a twin - I can ask my mom any question, and since all I've known is having a twin sibling, I can definitely picture what it'll be like for our kids!

I wonder about the genes - twins run in my mom's side of the family (my mom's sister had twins if I remember that correctly), and I had read the same thing about a gene being passed on the mother's side.

Tomorrow is our next radiologist appointment, and I'm a combination of scared and excited. Everyone is telling me I'll be showing anytime now, given that I'm 5'3" and about 120lbs and don't carry any extra weight, but so far I just feel like I've gained weight around my bellybutton (I have been eating pretty much nonstop - just doing whatever my body wants me to do). I can still fit into my jeans, although they are low-slung so I'm sure that helps.The midwife I met with first (transferring to an OB now) showed me where my uterus is, and so sometimes I try to feel if it's gotten bigger! Of course, I can't really tell. :P

My first OB appt isn't until November 29 - at almost 18 weeks. Is that a little long to wait to see the OB for the first time? I saw a midwife the first visit Oct 17 and then was transferred. I don't really know anything about carrying twins, and it seems a long time to wait to get any real medical advice about it.

First time mom to twin boys born April 24! luxlove.gif Owen & Wyatt luxlove.gif

#254 of 448 Old 10-26-2012, 01:05 PM

Name? (if you feel like it) Ellie

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? I will be 24, DP will be 31

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Not sure. We have our detailed u/s next week

What number of kids will is be for you? 2&3

Sexes? Will you be finding out? will update when I find out

EDD and or planned birth timing? March 15, 2013

State you live in? Texas

slingtwin.gifEllie, partner partners.gif (12.2.08), mommy to superhero.gifE (7.5.10) & bouncy.gifbouncy.gif my Baby Belugas H & L (2.25.13)

nursex2.gifcd.gif lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#255 of 448 Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 PM

Is this pregnancy anyone's mulitple set of mulitples?

#256 of 448 Old 10-26-2012, 05:37 PM

Hi Ladies!

It's been quite awhile since I've checked in...a few weeks ago DH left the laptop on the floor and fell asleep on the couch with our puppy and when he woke up she had chewed through the cord! duh.gif (Luckily it wasn't plugged in at the time!)

Anyway, as of today I am 34 weeks!! These weeks just keep ticking off faster than I can keep track of and I still feel like there is so much to do! At 31 weeks I started having a lot of contractions while I was working and when she checked my cervix I was dilated to 1cm. At that point we were concerned about preterm labor so she put me on bedrest and also sent me to OB triage at the hospital for a round of steroids. She also collected a FFN at the time, which fortunately ended up being negative. At 32 weeks we started doing BPP scans twice weekly and it seemed like every visit the boys would be in a different position. It was driving me crazy because I would get so excited one day if they were both vertex, then the next scan they would be breech/transverse, then transverse/breech, etc. They are moving a ton! Finally, the last two scans they have been vertex/vertex and it seems like Baby A doesn't have a whole lot of room to move anymore, so hopefully they will stay there. We did have another conversation with the doctor about delivery options, and she still confirmed that she is comfortable delivering vaginally as long as baby A stays vertex. If Baby B is not vertex she will either deliver him breech or attempt a version as long as he is tolerating labor and there are no other complications that would require an emergency C-section (such as cord prolapse, etc.). At my appointment this week my doctor determined that I was dilated to 3cm and sent me for a second round of steroids because you can do up to two rounds in a single pregnancy (separated by at least 2 weeks) and 34 weeks is the last reasonable time to do them. My blood pressure was running a little high at the last visit, so we are going to keep a close eye on that as well and watch for other signs of pre-eclampsia. I still really want to make it to at least 37 weeks or so, but with the dilation and everything I feel like I am running out of time. I am really trying hard to rest and take it as easy as possible.

Bedrest has not been fun, especially since there are so many things I want to do - nesting type things like cleaning, washing new baby clothes, helping DH finish setting up the nursery, and such. I'm not on super strict bedrest, but she wants me either sitting down or laying down for most of the day. Bathroom breaks, a daily shower, and getting up for 15 minutes or so to get myself something to eat are all okay. It has been really hard for me to let things go around the house. DH is doing all that he can for me and the house, including shopping, cooking, cleaning, and still working hard on finishing up painting the nursery. The house may not be as clean as I usually would like it, but it's just something that I have to let go of for awhile and be super thankful that we at least have clean dishes and laundry - and that I have an amazingly supportive husband who has gone out of his way to make sure that we are well taken care of! I've been trying to keep myself busy with little art projects that I can do for the nursery while sitting down... and at least I feel like I'm doing something instead of just sitting and waiting.

Hope everyone is doing well. It is nice to see how many new expectant twin mamas have joined this thread! It makes me realize just how far I've come since joining myself. I have a growth US on Tuesday, so I'll try to post an update then. At my last growth scan three weeks ago Baby A was 4 lbs even and Baby B was 4 lbs, 6 oz. I love seeing how much they've grown - it makes me really happy. love.gif

#257 of 448 Old 10-26-2012, 06:16 PM

welcome, withlittlelungs!  I love your profile pic.  

ifnotnowwhen - so sorry you're having to be on bed rest, but congratulations on keeping them in the oven!  Keep up the good work.

#258 of 448 Old 10-26-2012, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Now, in color (I finally figured out my issues smile.gif

Autumn/Winter/Spring 2012-2013 (and spring ladies too if they want to join us smile.gif ) All dates posted are the 40 week due date. I know some of you will go way earlier than the EDD, but the EDD makes it easier to figure out how far along someone is.

Autumn
Gozal~ EDD: mid- October~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Boys!
JessandAdam~ EDD: 11/3/12~ 4th and 5th children~ Boy and Girl!
QMtwins~ EDD:11/8/12~ mono-di~ 3nd and 3rd children~ Team Green!
Ahomebirthmama- EDD: 11/13/12~ 4th and 5th children~Sex?
Colsxjak/ Mamacolleen~ EDD: late November~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

Ifnotnowthenwhen- EDD: 12/7/12~ Di-Di~ 1st and 2nd children- Boys!
bellamomma~ EDD: 12/9/12~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

Winter
Adaline'sMama~ EDD: 2/7/12~ Di-Di~ 3rd and 4th children~Girls!
BaileyandMikey~ EDD: 2/22/13~ 4th and 5th children~ 1 Boy, 1 Girl!

Brambleberrry~ EDD: 2/23/13~Di-Di~  2nd and 3rd children~Girls!

Eminvc- EDD: 2/22/13~ Di Di~ 1st and 2/nd children~ Boys!

Lilysmama~ EDD: mid-feb~ 3rd and 4th children~Sex?

Rblakely- EDD: 2/28/13~ Mono Di~ 3rd and 4th children~ Girls!

SortaCrunchy~ EDD~ 3/9/2013~ Mono-Di~ 3rd and 4th children~ Boys!

Withlittlelungs~ EDD: 3/15/13~ ??~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

sekenamoon- EDD 3/18/13~ ?~ Sex?

Spring

JessMN- EDD: 5/5/13~Di-Di~ 1st and 2nd children~ Sex?

Coome~ EDD: 5/5/13~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

In our thoughts ribbonpb.gif

Xerxella

Graduates~Congratulations!!!!

ithappened~ July 17~Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~Amelia and Julian 8+ lbs !!! CONGRATS!!!! Cute pics on page 3!
Mamatoafireteam~August r ~one is fraternal, other two are waiting to be revealed smile.gif ~ 2 boys and a  girl! Waiting for pictures and more info

Mamalove3-  September~ 2 girls!!!!

MIA- Please, feel free to update us at any time
LemonTwist ~EDD: 9/30/12~ Di-Di~ 1st and 2nd children~ Girls!
WendiPauline~EDD: late August~ Di-Di~ 1st and 2nd children~ Girls!
Caitlyn~ EDD: 10/1~Mono-Di ~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Team Green!

So, I scrapped the questions I originally had, and stole these from the link Adorkable posted below:

Name? (if you feel like it)

You and maybe your partners age at the birth?

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?

What number of kids will is be for you?

Sexes? Will you be finding out?

EDD and or planned birth timing?

State you live in?

Anything else you want to share?

Is everyone up to date?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#259 of 448 Old 10-26-2012, 09:50 PM

Hey all...still here.  No babies yet.  38 weeks and 1 day now.  Everything looks perfect with the two inside...except position.  Seems I will be having a repeat c-section.  Waiting for labor, if it comes before 39 weeks and if 39 weeks comes then we'll have to decide something. 

Amazingly, they are still moving a lot.  So, I have some hope...but not too much.  This morning B flipped, for the second time in less than a week, from transverse and partly head down to total breech up and down the opposite side it had been leaning towards.  Super, super painful for the first 15 min (could barely move) and then it triggered 45 min of moderate contractions and then it turned back to where it was.  I was hoping it would give baby A room to turn from breech, but I don't think so. 

Really looking forward to meeting them and finding out if they are boys or girls.  :) 

#260 of 448 Old 10-27-2012, 02:40 PM

Sorta Crunchy, if you have mono-di twins, you should NOT go from 20-24 weeks without a scan. I hate to be a debbie downer(i have been staying away from.here for that reason), but ttts can pop up any time and it can happen with no.warning. At my 20w scan there was no evidence of anything other than a perfect mono-di pregnancy. At 22w they saw the polyhydramnios and i have been frequently monitored since then. No.size discrepancy in the babies at all. They still have not technically.diagnosed me because the doctors here suck, but i have 14cm of fluid in.one sac and 2.3 in the other. Once the 2.3 drops to below a 2, they will diagnose and act. Anyway....i think.it is really really important to.get scanned more frequently than monthly with mono-dis. Ttts can happen so fast and it is ao.scary and horrible.

Afm---see above. I have been dealing.with this.for a few.weeks.now and.my numbers get gradually worse each time. I am really.glad to be past 24 weeks now and hoping and praying that it will.start reversing itself and that my girls can stay in and stay healthy for a while longer. (But that is why i have not posted in a long time....too depressing)
#261 of 448 Old 10-28-2012, 12:05 PM

lilysamsma - thank you for that insight! I had one this week at 20 weeks but they didn't schedule me for my next one yet. Is three weeks too long, I wonder? It had been 3 weeks since my last scan.

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#262 of 448 Old 10-28-2012, 12:35 PM

Hi ladies!!!

Sorry for going MIA, I've been spending a lot of time on the Facebook twins group, oh! And nursing my two new baby GIRLS!!!

They are three weeks old now!

I had a successful HBAC at 40 weeks. The girls were 8lbs 4ozs, and 8lbs 2ozs.

I'm writing up my birth story now, and I need to sort through some pictures to share smile.gif

It was tough going to 40 weeks when I kept getting the "twins go early" speech from my perinatologist and the general public. I'm glad I did though because I have a feeling these girls would have been nicu babes if I had them at 36 weeks when they wanted to induce me.. So, you don't have to have early twins, or tiny twins!

Can't wait to read all o your birth stories!
#263 of 448 Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM

Congratulations, Caitlyn!  Good job on such big 40 weekers!  I'm excited to hear your birth story when it's ready.

#264 of 448 Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Caitlyn~ View Post

Hi ladies!!!

Sorry for going MIA, I've been spending a lot of time on the Facebook twins group, oh! And nursing my two new baby GIRLS!!!

They are three weeks old now!

I had a successful HBAC at 40 weeks. The girls were 8lbs 4ozs, and 8lbs 2ozs.

I'm writing up my birth story now, and I need to sort through some pictures to share smile.gif

It was tough going to 40 weeks when I kept getting the "twins go early" speech from my perinatologist and the general public. I'm glad I did though because I have a feeling these girls would have been nicu babes if I had them at 36 weeks when they wanted to induce me.. So, you don't have to have early twins, or tiny twins!

Can't wait to read all o your birth stories!

Congrats, Caitlin! Wow, those are awesome birth weights!

It's so encouraging to see someone going to full-term with twins, and not underweight...I feel like there are a disproportionate amount of "scary" stories out there.

#265 of 448 Old 10-28-2012, 09:52 PM

Caitlyn:

So great!!!  And, perfect timing for me to hear this!  I'm 38 weeks and 4 days with mono-di babes and some of my docs think I should have had a c-section already (breech baby A).  Its inspirational to see others with healthy fullterm babes.  Thanks for sharing!!!  Way to go!!

Lilys:

I agree with you...our mono-di's have been getting every other week scans for fluid levels (started this at 18 weeks) and every four weeks scans for growth (began at 20 weeks).    Three weeks would be a max I would think, between scans.  Sending you the best thoughts for you and your little ones. 

#266 of 448 Old 10-29-2012, 09:36 AM

Caitlyn! That is AWESOME! WOOO HOOO! Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures and read the story. WOW!

And what is this twins group? An AP-friendly twins group on Facebook? Would love to be a part!

#267 of 448 Old 10-29-2012, 09:56 AM

Well, I'll join! Just found out at our first appointment last Wednesday that I am expecting twins, they do run in the family so it makes some sense, but we were not expecting it at all!

Name?
Katie

You and maybe your partners age at the birth?
I'll be 33 or 34 (she'd due near my birthday), DH Mike will be 35

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?
Di/Di per my regular OB, getting it confirmed by a high-risk OB in a couple weeks

What number of kids will is be for you?
2 & 3, Our first is Sydney and she will be ~3.5 years old when the twins are born

Sexes? Will you be finding out?
We will be finding out, too early to tell now

EDD and or planned birth timing?
EDD is May 24th, 2013

State you live in?
Ohio

Anything else you want to share
As I mentioned, fraternal twins run in the family. I have 3 different aunts that had them and my Grandma miscarried a pair as well. We don't know yet if these are fraternal, but I'm guessing so. I'm sort of hoping for a boy and a girl, but we'll be happy with anything. I had a quick, uncomplicated, no drugs, hospital birth with Sydney (I did have an IV for about 45 minutes and EFM for maybe 1.5 hours, but that was it for interventions which was nice) and I'd love to have a vaginal birth with the twins too, but I know I need to get my research in order first as I know the risks and everything are much different than a singleton birth. I'll be reading through this thread and others in this forum to pick up all the advice and whatnot I can. If anyone has good book recommendations, I would love them, or if there already is a thread on that, if you could point me to it. Thanks ladies!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#268 of 448 Old 10-29-2012, 11:00 AM

SortaCrunchy - yes! The fb group was started a long time ago, it originated from these boards smile.gif

Search for a fb group called "naturally parenting twins" - its great. There are tons of mamas who went full term, had home births, etc. It was super helpful for me during my pregnancy smile.gif
#269 of 448 Old 10-30-2012, 11:35 AM

Caitlyn: Congrats on such big healthy girls! I can't wait to hear your birth story!

Just a quick update at 34.5 weeks: Growth US today shows Baby A measuring 5 lbs 8 oz and Baby B measuring 6 lbs 9 oz. I'm not sure quite how accurate that is since both babies were moving a lot during the US and she was having some difficulty obtaining measurements, but either way looks like we have some good size boys! My blood pressure was really good today and when she checked my cervix she said I was between 3 and 4cm this week. Hopefully they can hold on a couple more weeks, but at this point if they are ready, they're coming!
#270 of 448 Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 AM

Just found the FB group. Thank you, Caitlyn!!!

Tags
My Brest Friend Twins Plus Deluxe Nursing Pillow , Magical Multiple Moments Parents Of Multiples Share Stories And Advice On Raising Happy Healthy Twin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page