Mothering Forum banner

What number of children is this for you?

• 1st & 2nd

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • 2nd & 3rd

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • 3rd & 4th

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • 4th & 5th

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 5th & 6th

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 6th & 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7th & 8th

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 8th & 9th

• 9th & 10th

24K views 447 replies 51 participants last post by  Adaline'sMama 
#1 ·
Now, in color (I finally figured out my issues
smile.gif

Autumn/Winter/Spring 2012-2013 (and spring ladies too if they want to join us
smile.gif
) All dates posted are the 40 week due date. I know some of you will go way earlier than the EDD, but the EDD makes it easier to figure out how far along someone is.

Winter
BaileyandMikey~ EDD: 2/22/13~ 4th and 5th children~ 1 Boy, 1 Girl!

Brambleberrry~ EDD: 2/23/13~Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~Girls!

Eminvc- EDD: 2/22/13~ Di Di~ 1st and 2/nd children~ Boys!

Lilysmama~ EDD: mid-feb~ 3rd and 4th children~Sex?

Imbeglinel~ EDD 2/25/13~ Mono-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Girls!

Rblakely- EDD: 2/28/13~ Mono Di~ 3rd and 4th children~ Girls!

SortaCrunchy~ EDD~ 3/9/2013~ Mono-Di~ 3rd and 4th children~ Boys!

Withlittlelungs~ EDD: 3/15/13~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ 1 Boy, 1 Girl!

sekenamoon- EDD 3/18/13~ ?~ Sex?

Spring

JessMN- EDD: 5/5/13~Di-Di~ 1st and 2nd children~ Boys!

Coome~ EDD: 5/5/13~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

ilovemygirl~ EDD: early June~ ?~2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

Sophigirl~ EDD: June 5~ Di-Di~1st and 2nd children~ Sex?

Southernmommie~EDD:?~ 6th and 7th children~ Sex?

In our thoughts
ribbonpb.gif

Xerxella

Graduates~Congratulations!!!!

ithappened~ July 17~Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~Amelia and Julian 8+ lbs !!! CONGRATS!!!! Cute pics on page 3!
Mamatoafireteam~August 5~ one is fraternal, other two are waiting to be revealed
smile.gif
~ 2 boys and a girl!

Mamalove3- September~ 2 girls!!!!

WendiPauline: late August~ Di-Di~Girls!

Caitlyn~ early October~ two girls!

Gozal~ early October~ Di-Di~ Boys!

QMtwins~11/5/12~ mono-di~ girls!

Ifnotnowthenwhen-11/21/12~ Di-Di~ Boys!

Colsxjak/ Mamacolleen- Lachlan and Kai. Di/di born Nov 27th 2012. 38w5d. 8lbs and 7lb6oz.

Lemon Twist- Skye Emmanuelle and Celeste Linnea were born on 9/12 at 5lbs 10.5 oz and 5lbs 15 oz

Adaline'sMama~Jan 4th 2013. Calliope and Eleanor (Callie and Wendy) 4 lbs 6 oz and 4 lbs 11 oz

MIA- Please, feel free to update us at any time
Caitlyn~ EDD: 10/1~Mono-Di ~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Team Green!

JessandAdam~ EDD: 11/3/12~ 4th and 5th children~ Boy and Girl!
Ahomebirthmama- EDD: 11/13/12~ 4th and 5th children~Sex?
bellamomma~ EDD: 12/9/12~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

So, I scrapped the questions I originally had, and stole these from the link Adorkable posted below:

Name? (if you feel like it)

You and maybe your partners age at the birth?

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?

What number of kids will is be for you?

Sexes? Will you be finding out?

EDD and or planned birth timing?

State you live in?

Anything else you want to share?

See less See more
#277 ·
eminvc - sounds like you are doing wonderfully! so reassuring!

withlittlelungs - congrats!

I am DEFINITELY sleeping so much better at night. I think I am just so worn out by the end of the day that I just completely crash.

I'm really, really trying to do better with drinking water. I even put it on my daily To-Do list. :) I know it will help with so many these BH ctx I've been having!

#278 ·
Figured I'd update..... Well baby girl has some kidney issues (just found out), not loving the MFM doctor much at this point as they failed to tell us there was something wrong. We are now being monitored every 2 weeks by ultrasound to keep watch. I toured our L&D dept at the hospital... it sucks... they don't allow twin moms to deliver in the regular room, you have to deliver in the OR, not happy about that. They also put two moms per room after delivery.... again... not happy about that. Such a crappy day. But... both babies are growing right on track. I've only gained 3 pounds as of today (24 weeks 4 days.)

#279 ·
on that OR thing, remember a lot of things get presented as "LAW" but in fact are negotiable, my tour said no way, must be OR and was really rude to me when i said something about it. my doc said he was fine staying in the normal room as long as i was both vertex and would talk to me about things if baby b was breach. i did end up staying in a normal L&D room, and it was because i didn't take the first wave of info as the bottom line.

#280 ·
Remember that a lot of times, even though they say they are going to put two moms in an L&D room after birth, they dont because there are two babies rooming in, and it makes things a bit more cramped.

#281 ·
Thanks ladies. I'll be more comfortable delivering in a regular room, I feel in the OR they will want to rush me, and it won't be as comfortable. I have only had vaginal births, so a c section is not in my birth plan unless something drastic happens. I like to be able to get up right away after the delivery, and I like going home fast!

#282 ·
a while back folks were asking about diaper bags that hold a lot, the one i still use and love (great carry on for the twins stuff now) is DadGear Backpack and its on sale on Zulily.com a discount site. is you want to you can use that link and i get a one time credit for referring you. not everything on that site is a great deal, but these seem to be, i rarely see them on sale and they cost more on amazon last time i checked.

sorry if that felt like spam, i just love the bag so figure i would pass it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

i use a back pack style one Dadgear Backpack Diaper Bag we have used it since they were a month old and to this day at 19 months, it was just our carryon again for our 3rd cross country plane flight.

i love the shallow top pouch for diapers, really keeps thing nice and handy. and i like the large center compartment. we have some smaller bags that we put in it to organize things, like one budge that was always a change of clothing, and in the young months a bag of refolds for various dribble uses. it can be almost too cavernous without some sort of sectioning, but that is kinda a good problem to have, too many pockets jaunt makes for too long to find things.

i like that it opens all the way open like a book for packing or working out of. the front two areas, we used the medium one for changing pad and various changing things besides the diapers themselves. and the very front one is a first aid kit and eating out stuff like bibs and table covers.

it has loops to attach to strollers and has held up to us tossing it around for 1 1/2 years and still looks new

#283 ·
Gozal~ EDD: mid- October~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Boys!
JessandAdam~ EDD: 11/3/12~ 4th and 5th children~ Boy and Girl!
QMtwins~ EDD:11/8/12~ mono-di~ 3nd and 3rd children~ Team Green!
Ahomebirthmama- EDD: 11/13/12~ 4th and 5th children~Sex?

Hey ladies,

have you had your babies? I'd love to hear updates!

#284 ·
Typing with one hand...I am so excited to be able to post an update! We live in the northeast US and have been w/o power + internet for most of our twins' lives. They are 4w old already (!!) and everything has been wonderful despite a string of challenging circumstances (multiple severe storms, having to evacuate twice, death in the family, bad case of mastitis). My twin A remained breech to 39w and after much deliberation + 2nd & 3rd opinions, I was comfortable accepting a c-section. My team was great - very respectful and kind and were able to give me near-immediate skin-to-skin contact with each baby. Despite u/s estimates that had them within 0.5%ile of each other in size, A was born ~7 1/2 lbs and B ~6 1/2 and obviously fraternal! I can't tell you how much I have been enjoying them - the hardest part for me has been not having much time with DS1, though he is adjusting so well to having 2 baby brothers. Next week DH returns to work and I am terrified - will I be able to meet my sweet babies' needs on my own?! More soon, promise!

P.S. just gotta add - psst Adorkable - we are loving our City Select! Soooo glad you talked me into it.

#286 ·
Congratulations! Nice weights! But boy that goes to show how u/s weight estimates can be off. So sorry you've had to put up with so much upheaval during their first few weeks.
hug2.gif

Can't wait to see pictures!

#289 ·
Hey all...ours are here too!!

Nov 5th. Repeat c-section at 39.4 weeks due to a persistant breech presentation of baby A. It was OK though and so much better than my first c-section. We had skin to skin on the OR table (almost walked out of pre-op when the hospital OB department said we couldn't and then my OB made it work out!!!) and even one latched on for a few moments. My DH and twin sister were in the OR too! Babes, both girls, are great! 7#1oz and 6#11oz. They lost a bit too much weight to start and we supplemented for a few days, still giving a oz or so extra, but my milk has come in and now I'm painfully waking them to feed! Hoping my milk supply this time is enough for both...I've worked hard at many things to help it...inclduing that initial skin to skin, pumping, keeping them in past 39 weeks, etc.

Our first set of twins (two and a half) are great too. They don't seem too thrown off by the new babes. Mostly they just didn't like me being away. We discharged at 48 hours and life has been busy, but not too bad since! They are sweet, sweet babes! We're in love!

#295 ·
Hi everyone!

Sorry for the long absence! Since my name was **** on the welcome board I figured I'd give an update. I've been exausted and not willing to turn the laptop on when i get home. I pretty much sit on the couch and drink water until bedtime.

But - Didn't want anyone to worry! I had to repeat my level two ultrasound, but everything looks great! We're having two di-di boys, still due March 18,2013, although the Dr. says they will be delivered no later than Feb 25th. MGH delivers twins in their operating rooms, and its going to be crazy. Two pediatricians will be present.

That's about it. My next ultrasound (24wk) is a week from this Friday, and that's about it. I can't believe it went by this fast!

Congrats Gozal and QMtwins!

Did many folks have to go on bedrest? I scaned back but couldn't tell. I'm starting to slow down a LOT. Not sure I would be upset with being pulled from work and put on modified bedrest, but I'm sure it gets old quick. !don't hit me! :)

I'm just so tired. :( I even went to the gym but that hasn't helped.

#296 ·
Congrats QMtwins!

I finally am feeling more energetic as of yesterday (13w2d), I'm hoping I can stay this way for awhile, but I'm not counting on it! I had my level 2 ultrasound on Wednesday to confirm that they are definitely di/di and that everything looks great with the MFM. Both were kicking a lot and I confirmed from watching the ultrasound that I am already feeling movement, wasn't 100% sure. Right now, both are transverse lying one on top of the other heads opposite. Their placentas are on opposite sides and the membranes separating them looked very strong and good with a nice "twin peak". The anatomy U/S is scheduled for January 9th and we will find out the sexes if the babies cooperate. I see my regular OB on Wednesday for a routine appointment.

I need to start figuring out the rest of what we need for the twins as my Mom and Dad are very generous at Christmas and have said they are fine buying stuff for the twins. So time to make a mini-registry! Looking at some of the Evenflo convertibles as they seem to be pretty skinny, any other suggestions? I'm excited for twins but also still kind of getting used to it. We will be fine, but our financial situation is going to be very different than we planned for now!

#297 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekenamoon View Post

Did many folks have to go on bedrest? I scaned back but couldn't tell. I'm starting to slow down a LOT. Not sure I would be upset with being pulled from work and put on modified bedrest, but I'm sure it gets old quick. !don't hit me! :)
Honestly? I'm so glad you said that. I keep kind of wondering (hoping?) about bedrest because then I would feel like I have a legit reason to lay down for most of the day. I am physically SO SO SO uncomfortable. It hurts the worst at the top of the baby bump, through my ribs, and my back. Truly the only relief I can get is from leaning back on pillows in bed. I know anyone who has truly been put on bedrest would probably want to smack me for hoping to be ordered to bed, but that's where I am!

#299 ·
I am feeling like crap at 26.5 weeks! I work from 8-5 and come home and I'm done! I started swelling this week, I'm exhausted, I can't sleep at night, my hips, pelvis, etc hurt and I can't ever get comfy. I have to make it through Christmas before going on bed rest or taking off work, so I'm hoping I can manage....

#300 ·
28 weeks, 4 days here and Im pretty much in the same boat. My ankles swell if I stand for long, I get winded really easily, my hips and pelvis hurt like crazy, and im sooo tired. I've taken to locking DD and I in one room and working business stuff on the computer whenever I can. The 3-4 hours of household chores is still gettting done, but Im not sure how much longer that will last.

two nights ago, I actually drempt that I was working on silicone replacement parts for my joints so that they would be lighter. I was dreaming that my hipbones were made of cast iron because of how heavy they felt moving from one side to the other during the night!

#301 ·
Oh the hip pain. I limp around for at least 10 minutes after getting up from sitting or laying down. For a while I was all fired up about gaining tons of weight for big healthy babies, and I've done pretty good (35 lbs at 25 weeks), but now I'm starting to realize what all that weight is going to mean for my poor joints. Ouch. I've gained (ha! no pun intended) a new sense of sympathy for really overweight people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.