Mothering Forum banner

What number of children is this for you?

• 1st & 2nd

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • 2nd & 3rd

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • 3rd & 4th

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • 4th & 5th

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 5th & 6th

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 6th & 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7th & 8th

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 8th & 9th

• 9th & 10th

24K views 447 replies 51 participants last post by  Adaline'sMama 
#1 ·
Now, in color (I finally figured out my issues
smile.gif

Autumn/Winter/Spring 2012-2013 (and spring ladies too if they want to join us
smile.gif
) All dates posted are the 40 week due date. I know some of you will go way earlier than the EDD, but the EDD makes it easier to figure out how far along someone is.

Winter
BaileyandMikey~ EDD: 2/22/13~ 4th and 5th children~ 1 Boy, 1 Girl!

Brambleberrry~ EDD: 2/23/13~Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~Girls!

Eminvc- EDD: 2/22/13~ Di Di~ 1st and 2/nd children~ Boys!

Lilysmama~ EDD: mid-feb~ 3rd and 4th children~Sex?

Imbeglinel~ EDD 2/25/13~ Mono-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Girls!

Rblakely- EDD: 2/28/13~ Mono Di~ 3rd and 4th children~ Girls!

SortaCrunchy~ EDD~ 3/9/2013~ Mono-Di~ 3rd and 4th children~ Boys!

Withlittlelungs~ EDD: 3/15/13~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ 1 Boy, 1 Girl!

sekenamoon- EDD 3/18/13~ ?~ Sex?

Spring

JessMN- EDD: 5/5/13~Di-Di~ 1st and 2nd children~ Boys!

Coome~ EDD: 5/5/13~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

ilovemygirl~ EDD: early June~ ?~2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

Sophigirl~ EDD: June 5~ Di-Di~1st and 2nd children~ Sex?

Southernmommie~EDD:?~ 6th and 7th children~ Sex?

In our thoughts
ribbonpb.gif

Xerxella

Graduates~Congratulations!!!!

ithappened~ July 17~Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~Amelia and Julian 8+ lbs !!! CONGRATS!!!! Cute pics on page 3!
Mamatoafireteam~August 5~ one is fraternal, other two are waiting to be revealed
smile.gif
~ 2 boys and a girl!

Mamalove3- September~ 2 girls!!!!

WendiPauline: late August~ Di-Di~Girls!

Caitlyn~ early October~ two girls!

Gozal~ early October~ Di-Di~ Boys!

QMtwins~11/5/12~ mono-di~ girls!

Ifnotnowthenwhen-11/21/12~ Di-Di~ Boys!

Colsxjak/ Mamacolleen- Lachlan and Kai. Di/di born Nov 27th 2012. 38w5d. 8lbs and 7lb6oz.

Lemon Twist- Skye Emmanuelle and Celeste Linnea were born on 9/12 at 5lbs 10.5 oz and 5lbs 15 oz

Adaline'sMama~Jan 4th 2013. Calliope and Eleanor (Callie and Wendy) 4 lbs 6 oz and 4 lbs 11 oz

MIA- Please, feel free to update us at any time
Caitlyn~ EDD: 10/1~Mono-Di ~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Team Green!

JessandAdam~ EDD: 11/3/12~ 4th and 5th children~ Boy and Girl!
Ahomebirthmama- EDD: 11/13/12~ 4th and 5th children~Sex?
bellamomma~ EDD: 12/9/12~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

So, I scrapped the questions I originally had, and stole these from the link Adorkable posted below:

Name? (if you feel like it)

You and maybe your partners age at the birth?

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?

What number of kids will is be for you?

Sexes? Will you be finding out?

EDD and or planned birth timing?

State you live in?

Anything else you want to share?

See less See more
#302 ·
Well, believe me, how much weight you've gained might not even have an effect on it. I've only gained 18 lbs, and mine hurt every moment of the day. Dont beat yourself up about the big, healthy babies you are going to have! You might have had hip pain even if you hadnt gained as much.

#304 ·
Ugh, after a night in Labor and delivery I'm on full strict bed rest and going crazy. I didn't know anything was wrong! Went to my High risk doctor only to find out my cervix was short and funnelling, and having contractions! He sent me straight to L&D where I stayed overnight, had meds to stop the contractions, and steriod shots for babies lungs. It wasn't a pleasant experience either... stuck in the bed with monitors on both babies, who moved constantly and had to have the nurse in there every 30 mins just to keep them on the monitors. It was not fun, but anything to keep the babies cooking. Came home and now I'm stuck in bed! grrrr.... hope I survive the next 8 weeks.

#305 ·
Oh, no! Im glad you are okay. So, they sent you home and you are on bed rest there? Feel free to start a bedrest thread, and I promise to come and chat with you!!! Im forcing myself some downtime every day, so Ill be on the computer.

#306 ·
Yep, at least I'm at home! But its horrible... we have three kids, and my dh is super crazy busy with work. Any time he has to do anything for anyone he gets cranky. This may wreck our marriage! I've always carried the burden of the house work and my work work, and now he has to do everything! Gahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

#307 ·
Just a quick update to you all: OUR BOYS ARE HERE!!

Born November 21st at 37 weeks 5 days
Reed Owen (baby a - right) 8:58 pm 6 lbs 1 oz, 19 in.
Seth Ander (baby b - left) 9:24 pm 7 lbs 7 oz, 20 in.

I am so in love <3 Both boys are healthy and feeding well. They are definitely keeping us busy though. Will try to post a story at some point when things settle down.
smile.gif

Hope all is well with everyone!

#308 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifnotnowwhen View Post

I am so in love <3 Both boys are healthy and feeding well. They are definitely keeping us busy though. Will try to post a story at some point when things settle down.
smile.gif

They are precious! Congrats!

#310 ·
ifnotnowwhen - Congratulations! What nice healthy looking babes!

baileyandmikey - wow, that's rough.
hug2.gif
Is there any way you can hire some help with the housework? Or do you have family nearby? Do the two older kids help out at all or is that more effort on your part? I'll be thinking of you.

#312 ·
Update... I had an ultrasound on Friday. Both babies weights are the same at 1lb 15oz. Baby A is now breech and Baby B is head down. Cervix measured 4.2. So overall good news! Just hoping Baby A will decide to turn around! What have you other mommas experienced with breech babies at or around 26 weeks?

#313 ·
My baby A was breech and B was vertex at my 26 week u/s. unchanged from 20 weeks. I think A has flipped now
joy.gif
. It's hard to tell for sure, but she's definitely moved significantly from where she was. unfortunately I don't have another u/s for almost 3 more weeks to tell for sure (they're di/di). I've been doing inversions frequently, but not every day, and a few breech tilts, but I gave up on the breech tilts because I get light headed, can't breathe, and get a headache when I sit up from it. Then my chiropractor did the Webster technique on me on Friday, which is supposed to get the pelvis in the ideal condition to allow breech babies to turn, and it was Friday evening that she moved.

#314 ·
On the babies flipping.... just over a week ago, both of mine were head down, at the last ultrasound just a few days ago, they both were breech! So, I'm guessing they can flip until there is no more room to move :)

#315 ·
my babe that was head down always stayed that way from 17 weeks on, she was really settled in and was A. B did jumping jacks and moved everywhere till he settled head down at 34 weeks, so yeah there is time for a lot of movement! it was explained to me once that baby a can get engaged a lot easier head down than breach, so its more like to keep moving when breach and stay still more likely when vertex

#317 ·
Sorry for all the ladies who are feeling so worn down, I'm just 15 weeks so feeling pretty good, but I'm feeling like I'm at least 24 weeks or so pregnant already, not looking forward to the last trimester! My OB told me at my last appointment that if both babies are head down, good to go for vaginal delivery, but if both are breech or transverse, then no. She didn't mention if baby A is head down and baby B is something else what they typically do, but I suspect c-section, so I'm on the lookout for another OB as if baby B is breech with baby A head down, I don't see why I can't have a vaginal delivery with di/di twins! I may see what the MFM I'm seeing in conjunction for U/S appointments has to say as I think switching care to them would be easier than a totally new OB.

So sorry about the bedrest baileandmikey, hopefully your DH will not be so cranky. Any chance he can slow down his work or yes maybe get some light housekeeping from a service?

ifnotnowhen, your boys are adorable and that picture is so sweet. Congratulations and glad they are doing well!

#318 ·
Quinalla - oh it's nice to see someone else due near when I am! I am due May 5.

My OB told me the same thing about delivery. I am not partial to any method of birth over another - I just want the babies! Last time I was in (16 weeks) both babies were head down. I go for a big two-hour ultrasound next Tuesday so I'm interested to see which way they are oriented.

#319 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifnotnowwhen View Post

smile.gif

Beautiful boys, and awesome weights! This pic just gave me a big push of motivation, as I am getting TIRED and need something positive to focus on!

baileyandmikey--sorry about the bedrest. That would drive me nuts.

Glad to hear updates from everyone. Today is the "official" start of the 3rd trimester for me--28 weeks. The end is in sight! My appetite has slowed down quite a bit. No morning sickness but I am not very hungry at dinnertime, which is similar to how I felt when I had bad ms. But I do manage to eat breakfast, lunch and two snacks during the day, along with a snack at bedtime, so I'm not too worried. I am just a hair shy of 30 lbs at 28 weeks so I feel good about weight gain.

Breathlessness is kicking my butt, though. I swear getting out of my desk chair and walking down the hall to the bathroom now qualifies as a cardio workout.

#320 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminvc View Post

Breathlessness is kicking my butt, though. I swear getting out of my desk chair and walking down the hall to the bathroom now qualifies as a cardio workout.
So true! I just hit 28 weeks too. And it is a challenge to roll off the couch! lol, and to think.... they still have many weeks to grow. I'm sure when we deliver we will feel a million times better.

#321 ·
update:

I've finally gotten my birth plans worked out. At my last appointment my doctor (FPD) was saying that she would prefer me to have an epidural, but we discussed it further and she did some research of her own. I finally had another appointment with her on Friday, and she is willing to be totally flexible about it now. I can deliver in the LDR room if they're both head down, if the second is breech I'll be in the OR, but she's willing to have DH and my doula both in there (partly because my doula is a L&D nurse there anyway), and she's not going to request an epidural.

In the month between appointments with my regular doc I saw an OB in the university town an hour north of us who is the backup for the area midwives. He's totally fine with a completely natural delivery as well, but I'd be delivering in the OR with only one birth companion. That hospital is a level 2, so if I go into labor after 32 weeks (our level 1 hospital has a 35w cut-off) I can deliver there rather than the huge, inflexible big city hospital an hour south of us. I toured that hospital and was really happy with their policies and flexibility. If we end up with premies in the special care nursery that have to stay after I've been discharged, they would actually give DH and I a room in the hospital to stay in, which I thought was pretty amazing.

I'm still doing inversions and chiropractor visits to help baby A to turn, but I'm totally confused as to her position right now. From the kicks it seems like maybe A & B have actually switched order - I think B (on my right) might be head down at the cervix now, and A has moved way up away from the cervix and is now mostly head down and maybe a little transverse. I've got a week and a half before my next u/s, so I have to keep up with the inversions just in case, since they are quickly getting too tight to move in there.

I'm not taking it as easy as I had planned to at this point, since we are still finishing up some twin-inspired home improvement projects: installing a dishwasher into a space that wasn't originally designed for one, switching our shower out with a tub, and building walls for our bedroom (previously just partitioned off with curtains). Holly - I saw on facebook that you all just built bedroom walls too - it is crazy how parallel our lives are!

#322 ·
I just found this thread. I am currently pregnant with twins due in early June. They will be number two and three for me. We'd like to find out the sexes but will not know until mid January.

I'm fourteen weeks today. What I want to ask more than anything of others pregnant with multiples is ...

Are you exhausted? I mean can barely move or get out bed exhausted. The kind where you could sleep a full night and still go for several hours more if schedule allowed. This how I'm feeling and I know it's just a build up to life with twins but yeesh. I need to function. I was on progesterone and thought when I came off that and hit the second trimester it would get better but it hasn't yet.

Anyone else feel like this?

#323 ·
I was closer to 16 weeks when I started to get my energy back. However I never got it back like I did in my singleton pregnancies. And it definitely didn't last as long either. It's so frustrating to have this nesting urge, but no energy to fulfill it!

#324 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygirl View Post

I just found this thread. I am currently pregnant with twins due in early June. They will be number two and three for me. We'd like to find out the sexes but will not know until mid January.

I'm fourteen weeks today. What I want to ask more than anything of others pregnant with multiples is ...

Are you exhausted? I mean can barely move or get out bed exhausted. The kind where you could sleep a full night and still go for several hours more if schedule allowed. This how I'm feeling and I know it's just a build up to life with twins but yeesh. I need to function. I was on progesterone and thought when I came off that and hit the second trimester it would get better but it hasn't yet.

Anyone else feel like this?
I can't say I have ever had much energy this pregnancy. For me the "first trimester" with all its morning sickness and fatigue lasted until 20 weeks. Then I had about 6 weeks where I felt less tired and no more ms, but still needed a nap every weekend day. Now at 28 weeks, the intense fatigue has returned and I don't know how I will get through the next 3 weeks until I'm off work.

Not uplifting news, but that's just my experience. Also, anemia is more common in twin pregnancies, so you may want to have your iron levels checked if you haven't already.

#325 ·
Brambelberry,

Im so glad you found a backup hospital to birth at that is more natural birth friendly :) It sounds like you're doing everything you can to help A turn, and I wanted to give you some hope. At my appointment today OB confirmed that B has moved head down (at 30 weeks! It happened Friday night while I was cleaning out the bottom drawer of the fridge...Im pretty sure. Huge movement feeling like she was scraping up against my insides). Our bedroom walls are up! Super exciting. We are SO close to being 100% ready for babies at our house. I havent slowed down as much as I'd planned yet either, but DH is almost done working and I fear he is going to take away all my freedoms in the next couple of weeks and insist that I "just sit down" constantly.

So, Im going to whine and cry a bit:

I have HUGE stretch marks that have developed in the past week out of nowhere. Im really sad and depressed about it. They are really ugly and I fear that they will never go away. Ive been doing so much work rubbing stuff all over my belly everyday (cocoa butter, coconut oil, shea butter, and almond butter blend) and yet they have arrived. Grrr!!!!!

My back hurts. Like for real, hurts like I want to visit the chiro every single day.

Im peeing all over the place all the time. Its totally gross. Ive had a baby cold the past few days, and everytime I sneeze or cough...new pantyliner, and sometimes new undies too.

I have major freakin heartburn again, and I thought we were past this. Worse yet, Im eating a low sugar diet, so it seems like so many things I eat are causing heartburn.

We have a Christmas Tree!

#326 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminvc View Post

Also, anemia is more common in twin pregnancies, so you may want to have your iron levels checked if you haven't already.
Yep. I have iron in my prenatal, was taking an iron supplement, and I eat plenty of meat and spinach and my level came back last week at only 11. I thought I was getting plenty, but apparently not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.