Mothering Forum banner

What number of children is this for you?

• 1st & 2nd

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • 2nd & 3rd

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • 3rd & 4th

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • 4th & 5th

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 5th & 6th

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 6th & 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7th & 8th

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 8th & 9th

• 9th & 10th

24K views 447 replies 51 participants last post by  Adaline'sMama 
#1 ·
Now, in color (I finally figured out my issues
smile.gif

Autumn/Winter/Spring 2012-2013 (and spring ladies too if they want to join us
smile.gif
) All dates posted are the 40 week due date. I know some of you will go way earlier than the EDD, but the EDD makes it easier to figure out how far along someone is.

Winter
BaileyandMikey~ EDD: 2/22/13~ 4th and 5th children~ 1 Boy, 1 Girl!

Brambleberrry~ EDD: 2/23/13~Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~Girls!

Eminvc- EDD: 2/22/13~ Di Di~ 1st and 2/nd children~ Boys!

Lilysmama~ EDD: mid-feb~ 3rd and 4th children~Sex?

Imbeglinel~ EDD 2/25/13~ Mono-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Girls!

Rblakely- EDD: 2/28/13~ Mono Di~ 3rd and 4th children~ Girls!

SortaCrunchy~ EDD~ 3/9/2013~ Mono-Di~ 3rd and 4th children~ Boys!

Withlittlelungs~ EDD: 3/15/13~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ 1 Boy, 1 Girl!

sekenamoon- EDD 3/18/13~ ?~ Sex?

Spring

JessMN- EDD: 5/5/13~Di-Di~ 1st and 2nd children~ Boys!

Coome~ EDD: 5/5/13~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

ilovemygirl~ EDD: early June~ ?~2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

Sophigirl~ EDD: June 5~ Di-Di~1st and 2nd children~ Sex?

Southernmommie~EDD:?~ 6th and 7th children~ Sex?

In our thoughts
ribbonpb.gif

Xerxella

Graduates~Congratulations!!!!

ithappened~ July 17~Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~Amelia and Julian 8+ lbs !!! CONGRATS!!!! Cute pics on page 3!
Mamatoafireteam~August 5~ one is fraternal, other two are waiting to be revealed
smile.gif
~ 2 boys and a girl!

Mamalove3- September~ 2 girls!!!!

WendiPauline: late August~ Di-Di~Girls!

Caitlyn~ early October~ two girls!

Gozal~ early October~ Di-Di~ Boys!

QMtwins~11/5/12~ mono-di~ girls!

Ifnotnowthenwhen-11/21/12~ Di-Di~ Boys!

Colsxjak/ Mamacolleen- Lachlan and Kai. Di/di born Nov 27th 2012. 38w5d. 8lbs and 7lb6oz.

Lemon Twist- Skye Emmanuelle and Celeste Linnea were born on 9/12 at 5lbs 10.5 oz and 5lbs 15 oz

Adaline'sMama~Jan 4th 2013. Calliope and Eleanor (Callie and Wendy) 4 lbs 6 oz and 4 lbs 11 oz

MIA- Please, feel free to update us at any time
Caitlyn~ EDD: 10/1~Mono-Di ~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Team Green!

JessandAdam~ EDD: 11/3/12~ 4th and 5th children~ Boy and Girl!
Ahomebirthmama- EDD: 11/13/12~ 4th and 5th children~Sex?
bellamomma~ EDD: 12/9/12~ Di-Di~ 2nd and 3rd children~ Sex?

So, I scrapped the questions I originally had, and stole these from the link Adorkable posted below:

Name? (if you feel like it)

You and maybe your partners age at the birth?

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?

What number of kids will is be for you?

Sexes? Will you be finding out?

EDD and or planned birth timing?

State you live in?

Anything else you want to share?

See less See more
#2 ·
My partner, who is also on these boards (mamacolleen), is pregnant with twins.

I am very happy about it...but very freaked out too!

When are you due? Will have them at about 38 weeks (hopefully naturally) at end of November

How many kids do you have? We have 1 DD that will be 3yrs 4 months at the birth

Do you twins run in your family? Wife has twins in her family, but identicals, which do not run in families. We are having twins due to IVF.

What variety of twins are you pregnant with? di/di. They do not share anything and are fraternal.

Congrats to you and your family.

#3 ·
This thread is sort of the current "pregnant with twins" chat if you want to check it out:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1348365/anyone-else-expecting-twins

I wanted to say hi and welcome to you both!

As for me..

I'm due September 15th.

I have an 11 year old and 17 month old twins.

No twins in my extended family but this is the second set for *my* family :)

And this set is di/di :)

#4 ·
mamalove- I did see that thread, but I just thought it looked more like people who were having babies right now or who had mostly already had them. I know there are some twin moms in the nov, dec, and jan ddc's so Im hoping they will take up here with us too
smile.gif
I'm glad you linked it to here though, because there is lots of chat there about being further along that some of us who just found out may find helpful down the road.

Wow, TWO sets! How exciting!

#5 ·
I am due November 3rd with boy/girl twins. We just found out two weeks ago so I don't know much about twins. We have three other boys 8,6 and 4 right now. twins do run in our family my grandpa was a twin and my grandma's brothers were twins. I never thought that I would have them , thought it would be one of my cousins or something. At first I was shocked and scared, but I think I am getting used to the idea. I am concerned about learning how to nurse two at the same time. We also homeschool, so I am hoping my oldest doesnt get behind with me having to take care of the babies

#6 ·
Hi and welcome!

I'm due the last week of August with di/di fraternal girls.
These are my first babies.
As far as I know, there are no other twins in my family. I was totally shocked to find out I was pregnant with them (not to mention, I got pregnant while on birth control).
My pregnancy has been free of complications but it has not been at all easy for me. I am really looking forward to meeting my girls
smile.gif

#7 ·
oh Holly!

i just burst into tears when i saw this thread! you gave birth to your first right before i got preggo with my twins, and with your second you were a DDC with a super friend of mine IRL, so i was there reading your journey every step of the way. I have felt so deeply for you in a way I never would think that these strange electronic threads can bond us with.

I am not a religious person nor particularly spiritual, but i am sure there is something magical in the world and it shines particularly bright from time to time when we let ourselves look for it. you must be glowing right now

crap i can't stop crying

may this pregnancy and your twins be a blessing for you, may they fill your family and heart with the love that is not meant to take away grief, but to wrap around it and put it lovingly to rest.

i know it is silly, but i feel even more connected to you. hope you dont mind me stalking your pregnancy a bit
love.gif

Reactions: DoubleDouble
#8 ·
#9 ·
Adorkable! I read all of your posts when you were pregnant with your twins!!! I love that thread- I hope we can get something similar going on here. Ill make a roster and put it up top. You are totally welcome to stalk my pregnancy
smile.gif
I'm sure Ill have plenty of questions for you!
'

#10 ·
Name? (if you feel like it) Jodi

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 34 and hopefully I will make it past his 32 birthday (9/5)

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? The girls are di/di but we don't know if they are ID or frat

What number of kids will is be for you? 1 & 2

Genders? Will you be finding out? G/G

EDD and or planned birth timing? 11/7 and I am hoping for at least 36 weeks

State you live in? CT

Anything else you want to share?

#11 ·
This is pregnancy # 2 for us, babies #3&4 (yes, that means my first pregnancy was twins too! They were di-di, both girls) I have a fraternal twin sister and lots of twins on my mom's side. This set is mono-di and we are not finding out their sex. due date of November 8th. :)

#12 ·
Very excited to see this thread! I am due with twins in mid-October and also have a 4yo DS. They are di/di but since they are both boys, we won't know if they are MZ or DZ until after they are born (colsxjack, can I ask how you know yours are DZ? Did I miss that they are different sexes?). I was definitely surprised and apprehensive when we first found out but now I am beyond excited.

#13 ·
Name? Wendi

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? We will both be 32

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? di/di fraternal

What number of kids will is be for you? 1st and 2nd
upsidedown.gif

Genders? Will you be finding out?
two girls!

EDD and or planned birth timing? EDD is September 7, but they will induce or schedule a C at 39 weeks (if A is still breech). I'm hoping I can hold on til 36ish weeks before going into labor.

State you live in? Illinois

Anything else you want to share? I'm terrified and hot and really, really uncomfortable- and I never ever ever imagined ever having twins- it's such a trip.

#14 ·
Name? (if you feel like it) Sam

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 29 (maybe 30, depending how long I can keep 'em cooking!) and my DH will be 31

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? di/di

What number of kids will is be for you? 4th and 5th

Genders? Will you be finding out? It's a surprise!

EDD and or planned birth timing? September 15th

State you live in? Ontario, Canada

Anything else you want to share? I'm hitting the home stretch and am starting to freak out that we are really going to have two newborns in the house (again!) in only two months time! Crazy!

#16 ·
Name? Franny

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 34 & 44 he robbed the cradle

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? di/di

What number of kids will is be for you? 1 &2

Genders? Two girls!

EDD and or planned birth timing? 9/30

State you live in? NY but moving to NJ in a few weeks

#17 ·
Can I join if its triplets? Hope thats OK..... I do have a set of twins though, just not pregnant with them anymore!! :p

Name? (if you feel like it): Nikki

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 30, 36

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Not 100% sure yet. At the beginning of the pregnancy they said two were ID, then they changed their minds, now they are back to saying they might be. There is definitely only one placenta between the two boys, but we are unsure if thats from day one, or from fusing. We will test them after the birth, unless its wildly obvious they are frat. The third triplet is definitely fraternal, she has her own everything. And, you know, a vagina. :p

What number of kids will is be for you? 7, 8 and 9.

Genders? Will you be finding out?
Two boys and a girl.

EDD and or planned birth timing? I have had four c-sections so will be having my fifth (although I am sure there are brave Moms who would try for a triplet VBA4C, I am just not one of them....) I am hoping to get to 35/36 weeks but would be "happy" with anything over 33.

State you live in? Virginia

#21 ·
So, I have been reading Dr. Luke's book and I am just not seeing any possible way to eat as much as she says I need to eat. For the past two days, I have eaten about 125 grams of protein per day, but I am struggling to do so. That is an insane amount of protein. It takes a lot of food to get to that number. How do you all do it? Do you really think it's important to eat as much as she says you need to? 14 servings of dairy per day? Ouch.

#22 ·
Name? Caitlyn

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? I'll be 27 & he will be 39

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Mono/Di - identical

What number of kids will is be for you? 2nd and 3rd!

Genders? Will you be finding out? We're waiting to find out :)

EDD and or planned birth timing? EDD for 40 weeks is 10-1-12.

State you live in? Arizona

Anything else you want to share? If I make it to 36 weeks, I'm planning on a HBAC! :)

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozal View Post

Very excited to see this thread! I am due with twins in mid-October and also have a 4yo DS. They are di/di but since they are both boys, we won't know if they are MZ or DZ until after they are born (colsxjack, can I ask how you know yours are DZ? Did I miss that they are different sexes?). I was definitely surprised and apprehensive when we first found out but now I am beyond excited.
Hi Gozal,

We know that the twins are fraternal because we did IVF and put back two 5 day blasts.

I believe that in order for twins to not share anything, that they would have had to split before 5 days. So we are pretty sure that we are having twins because of both blasts implanting and growing.

Our DD is also from IVF. With that time we also put back two blasts and both implanted. But one stopped growing after a couple of weeks and was absorbed.

We will not be finding out the sexes of the babies. Well, we eventually will, but at birth ;)

Good luck to everyone.

And thank you to Adaline'sMama for starting and hosting this thread.

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

So, I have been reading Dr. Luke's book and I am just not seeing any possible way to eat as much as she says I need to eat. For the past two days, I have eaten about 125 grams of protein per day, but I am struggling to do so. That is an insane amount of protein. It takes a lot of food to get to that number. How do you all do it? Do you really think it's important to eat as much as she says you need to? 14 servings of dairy per day? Ouch.
I have used that book for my first twin pregnancy and this one again...its a crazy amount of protein!! I think the days were rare when I got 170 grams! I did the best I could with the first set and they were 5#5oz and 6# at 36 weeks. I'm working hard this time and my weight gain is better (I was not nearly as sick with this set) so, I'm hoping I'm doing enough again. I do eat meat and I just try to have a dairy (which is easy for me!) and a protein every time I eat a meal or snack. I also was doing protein shakes twice daily and now I take them about 5 times per week. My fave foods: eggs, cottage cheese, nuts, burgers, steak, protein bars, greek yogurt. Tonight, we had a pasta with collard green pesto and no protein. So I'll make a protein shake with additional peanut butter before bed. I think I also focus more on the protein than on the dairy amounts. Although cottage cheese and greek yogurt really kills two birds with one stone there. :)

Best of luck...don't stress too much, just do what you can!

#25 ·
Name? (if you feel like it) Kim

You and maybe your partners age at the birth? We'll both be 28

Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di/Di twins

What number of kids will is be for you? 1 and 2

Genders? Will you be finding out? We'll hopefully find out at the next appointment (End of July)

EDD and or planned birth timing? My "due" date is December 7th. My goal is to make it to 37 weeks / Mid November.

State you live in? Arizona

Anything else you want to share? We found out we were having twins at 8 weeks, so we've had a lot of time to adjust to the idea and are very excited. My first trimester was a bit of a rocky road, with severe and frequent m/s, but the second trimester has been much better - despite still feeling tired all the time, which I'm not sure will ever go away. It also doesn't help that it's nearly 110 degrees outside which makes getting out during the day nearly impossible.

Glad to meet all of you ladies and happy to join the club!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.