calling all natural birthing twin moms! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-30-2012, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't posted on Mothering in a long time (I'm thinking that will change now that I know there are multiple mamas on here!) but I am hoping that you ladies can help me.

I am currently working on a project with some other twin moms and part of that includes making a directory of Midwives and OBGYN's that support natural twin birth.

I know for me the scariest part of finding out I was having twins was wondering if I would be able to find a provider that would allow me to have a natural birth.

If you know of providers who allow their twin mama patients to birth naturally please share so I can add it to the directory. We will not be posting midwives information if they serve a state where midwife attended twin birth is not legal as to protect those women. However we would still like that information so that we can privately help women needing assistance.

I am counting vaginal births with epidurals as natural in the case of twins. However please note if your OBGYN requires epidurals.

Here is what I am looking for:

OBGYN or Midwife's name

city and state they provide services for (or country if out of US)

contact info (website or phone number) if you have it

any special notes ( such as: delivers vbac, breech, waterbirth, or must deliver in OR)

also please note if you would be willing to share your birth story on the website

you can reply to this thread, pm, or email me kristenly 83 at gmail dot com

Thanks so much ladies!

#2 of 5 Old 06-30-2012, 08:10 PM

OBGYN or Midwife's name

city and state they provide services for (or country if out of US)

contact info (website or phone number) if you have it

any special notes ( such as: delivers vbac, breech, waterbirth, or must deliver in OR)

also please note if you would be willing to share your birth story on the website

Dr.Gary T.Baldwin, MD
Chewelah Obstetrics and Gynecology
518 W Clay Ave
Chewelah, Washington 99109
1-888-904-7268

I am not totally certain about vbac or waterbirth or the OR.  BUT I do know that he can do breech birth as my baby B was breech.  Though he did say that if baby A was breech he would have to do CS.  Anyway, I thought the fact that he has quite a bit of experience with breech birth would make him a medical provider of interest for your purposes.  Also, he is in an area of the country that is not too populated, so an expecting MoM may have trouble finding such a provider.
Yes, I would be willing to share my birth story!
kristenly83 likes this.
#3 of 5 Old 06-30-2012, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

thank you! i  just added him to my list. i will let you know when it's up and running! and i will ask then for your birth storythanks.gif

#4 of 5 Old 07-01-2012, 05:50 PM

All the midwives at the Katy Birth Center in Katy, Texas would have assisted me at home.  They cannot/will not do twins at their birthing center however.  Natalie Womack was my midwife throught my pregnancy and supported me while I was at the hospital giving birth also.

http://www.katybirthcenter.com/

kristenly83 likes this.
#5 of 5 Old 07-02-2012, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by star8kitten View Post

All the midwives at the Katy Birth Center in Katy, Texas would have assisted me at home.  They cannot/will not do twins at their birthing center however.  Natalie Womack was my midwife throught my pregnancy and supported me while I was at the hospital giving birth also.

http://www.katybirthcenter.com/

thank you! i will add them to the list

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page