35 weeks and so tired! Mamas, I need some words of encouragement! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-06-2012, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so glad to still be pregnant but it has been rough going the past week or so! I know so many here have been through this (some even more than once) and I'm looking for a little encouragement, inspiration, affirmation, or whatever you've got! No real signs of labor- just exhaustion, pain and stiffness, BH, all the usual complaints. Lots of rib pain at the moment, which is why I'm still awake and posting after midnight. Trying not to break down and just cry.

This is hard work and my SO isn't exactly the best cheerleader smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 AM

Thank goodness they are still in there, right? I haven't been where you are, but I've put this picture on my computer as the wallpaper. Maybe it will help.

Just look at all the work you've done so far! Remember that each week that you go through having to pee too much, restless nights, hurting, and extreme discomfort is another week that your babies grow to be stronger.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 5 Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 AM

I am 37 weeks and right there with you. I am so done being uncomfortable and having BHs all.the.time. I really thought last night was it. I thought I was in labor and got so excited to meet the babes-it was a false alarm. I am so disappointed. I keep telling myself as bad as it seems now, it is easier than life once the babies come and the longer they cook the easier it will be.

Pamstillheart.gif Cliffguitar.gif Malachi 5/08 bouncy.gif   Judah 5/10 jog.gif  Eden 8/12 babygirl.gif Asher 8/12 babyboy.gif

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~CS Lewis

#4 of 5 Old 08-07-2012, 12:52 PM

*hugs* I can very much sympathize with you.  I'm at 34 weeks and change and really feeling it - not fun :( Take it one day at a time and really give yourself a huge pat on the back for accomplishing something that most women never do  - carrying your twins this long!  Every day that they are growing inside you is another day that they are becoming stronger and more ready to meet you.  And think - when they do arrive, having had such a long and healthy gestation, they will be more ready to breastfeed, quicker to come home with you from the hospital, and less likely to have complications.  Hang in there :)

Married to my love love.gif since 08/12/10, mama to E REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif04/06/01 and twin girls M and Z slingtwin.gif 01/08/11

We are a  slingtwin.gif  familybed2.gif cd.gif   nursex2.gif family!  Expecting #4 and #5 in September - what a surprise!

#5 of 5 Old 08-08-2012, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

{hugs} to you all! and thank you. I remember crying on the phone to my best friend when I found out it was twins because I was scared of what my pregnancy would be like. and yes, it has lived up to those expectations, but I truly am grateful that we've made it. Adaline'sMama, that is a perfect visual aid!

my OB was incredibly encouraging today, telling me that the girls look great and that they will be here very, very soon. I've decided to spend the next week or so ordering my favorite takeout dinners, eating Popsicles, taking baths, reading, and re-folding all the teeny tiny outfits. no more housework or errands. hopefully that will help with the pain and exhaustion.

oh, and pammysue I totally share your frustration. my BH have been incredibly intense and even painful the past few nights. i keep thinking oh! is this it?! only to have them fizzle out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page