Triplets anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DP and I are a queer couple and are nervously expecting triplets.. we are 12 weeks today....

just wondered if there were triplet moms here too

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#2 of 10 Old 09-23-2012, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Wow, triplets - congrats!  I know of at least one MDC mama with trips (yoohooo... Emaya?).  

However, she may have her hands too full to be posting these days!  twins.gif (There's no triplet icon!)

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#3 of 10 Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 PM

Thank you for the shout-out, Milk! I'm very excited to see a little goldfish swimming around there... Now I'm going to have to do some stalking of your latest activity.

Congratulations, Cananny and partner! I'm sure you're still in shock. (I'm still in shock and my babies are 9 months old. I expect to be in some form of shock for the rest of my life.). Things can go really, really well with a triplet pregnancy, so keep focused on the positive and keep eating. I'd be happy to answer any questions or just chat, if you'd like. I've had a pretty fun (if intense) 9 months of it.

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#4 of 10 Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 AM

I have triplets!! Mine are about 11 weeks now, BGB. I definitely remember that terror and confusion early on, it was such a mind blowing time. I would say it took until about 20+ weeks before I came to terms with it all. 

My pregnancy went very well, actually. No complications, not even any PTL. I carried them to 33 weeks (went into labor naturally at that point) and they were 4'14, 4'10 and 4'14. They spent 17, 23 and 36 days respectively in the NICU (B- our little girl and smallest- came home first, then A, then C. C just stayed longer because he kept failing his brady watch) mainly as feeders and growers. 

I was lucky enough to get my milk in very early and they were all exclusively breast fed (no formula at all) until about 7.5 weeks. At that point their demand overtook my supply and I started having to supplement a little with formula. It was very hard for me, but 108oz a day is a big ask..... They are all doing well now and its nowhere near as hard as I thought it was going to be to care for them all. 

Congratulations to you and your DP! Just keep breathing. Read some good books on the subject, and eat lots and rest lots. Its going to be OK. :) xx

Mama to nine gorgeous babies, with finale #10 due April'14.
#5 of 10 Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 AM

Hi Mama!  We have triplets as well.  As momtoafireteam posted there is a lot of confusion and worry early on.  I still am amazed at the whole thing and our girls (GGG) will be 3 months old in a fe days!

I too had a terrific pregnancy.  It was not as easy or smooth as my first two pregnancies but it was complication free.  Labor also started naturally for me at 34 weeks and 5 days and I had to be rushed into an emergency c-section under general anesthesia with them coming so quickly and no time to reconfirm position.  They were all born as feeders and growers as well, though my tiniest was not quite 4 lbs and my largest was over 5 lbs!  We had zero NICU time but the two smallest spent a few nights in the nursery and came into my room in isolettes.  The four (five when my husband was not with our two eldest or moving us into our new home) of us stayed in our hospital for a few weeks while the babies all grew to 2000 g.  My hospital was very gracious in letting myself and each baby stay past discharge until all of us could go home together.

I refused to accept it, but it is really true that it will be okay when all the "bumps in the road" occur.  I was strongly against c-section (still am) but on the day of, it was what was needed and I haven't given it a second of angst as I had all pregnancy.  I pump exclusively while I keep trying to train Little Miss Bad Latch and Little Miss Tongue Tied 1 and Tongue Tied 2 (of course the identicals are the ONLY kids out of five to inherit Daddy's tongue tie).  We cannot cosleep as readily but we sort it out best we can.  Life with multiples is amazing, challenging, but amazing.  I promise it will all fall together!

Mama to five, not 13.  I just like pumpkins and thought that number would not be taken.

#6 of 10 Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!!!!!

We are 20 weeks now and so far so good ... I do have carpal tunnel that dr say should go away after birth ...
We found out last week we are having BBB smile.gif all fraternal ...
The part that scares me the most is finances being I'm not going to be working for at least a year or more ...
Are you using cloth diapers? How many do you use a day?
I plan to pump for them but don't think I will actually breast feed... That we will play by ear

Team blue to arrive in Febuary

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#7 of 10 Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cananny View Post

Thanks everyone!!!!!

We are 20 weeks now and so far so good ... I do have carpal tunnel that dr say should go away after birth ...
We found out last week we are having BBB smile.gif all fraternal ...
The part that scares me the most is finances being I'm not going to be working for at least a year or more ...
I plan to pump for them but don't think I will actually breast feed... That we will play by ear

how does he know they are all fraternal? is he just saying that becasue they are all in their own sack?  it crazy how many doctors are still saying that!

unless you did a day 5 embro transplant ther is really no way of knowing, if you did, then they would have to be fraternal becasue splitting after day 5 would not end up with their own sacks.

either way, glad you are feeling goos and we are rooting you on!!!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#8 of 10 Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cananny View Post

i posted this early in the am and again my hands are full (surprise) so i'll cross post

The girls are rustling and my pump session is nearing an end so I'll quickly post our numbers....

We have been doing cloth exclusively since arriving home.  Two of our three are VERY allergic to diapers and we just prefer it.  Moreover, for any one who thinks you're crazy you can also point out it is economic and you really do not have time to run out for diapers.  We've been CDing as tiny as a 4.5 lb baby!

For the triplets, we have:

8 dozen preemie prefolds.  We have so many because we use them as burp cloths as well.  At first we trifolded them into covers and now we use them as doublers.

6 dozen of the size diaper we are using (we are finally in newborns).  Basically, one rotation is in use, one in the wash.

15 covers

We have to wash every day (every 1.5 days sometimes) as the loads would be unmanagable if we waited longer.

I also did have 48 goodmama newborn fitteds but I am selling those in lieu of more prefolds.  I just need quick and easy to fold (as in, not fold, just stack and done).

Mama to five, not 13.  I just like pumpkins and thought that number would not be taken.

#9 of 10 Old 11-16-2012, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

We did not do ivf ... These boys are a result if a medicated iui ... At time if iui I had three mature follicles and since the very first u/s and we have had plenty... They have said fraternal .... It will b interesting to see if that holds true once they are born .

Thanks for the info re cloth diapers!

#10 of 10 Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 PM

Yeah I know a lady that had a very similar sounding conception as you and has MZ twins. The doctors simply have no way of knowing ad I wish they would get ther damn terms correct. What the mean to say is that they are diamniotic or Di/Di this is great as it is the lowest risk of all the types. But it incorrect that it specifies the zigosity of the babies. Now with Di/Di twins your chances of them being MZ are only 3.75% so it's pretty rare.

Glad things are looking good, may you have a smooth and happy pregnancy!!!!!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page