..and its getting harder and harder to breathe... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How do you all do it? I can barely breathe with this big huge belly, and Im only a little over halfway! At nighttime Im having a hard time going to sleep in any position because I feel like I cant catch my breath. I dont have a recliner, as Ive read in some books, and I dont have any room for one, but when I try to prop myself up, its even worse. 

Belly pillow suggestions? Sleep positioning suggestions? Im so tired...

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Oh, that was the worst part!  We had to get rid of our dog because I developed such bad allergies that I could only breathe in my bedroom, where she never had been allowed or outside.  My airways swelled all the way down into my lungs, never mind the limited lung capacity from my swelling abdomen.  I play clarinet in our community band, and it was such a struggle.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 AM

I remember too.  And I had a "pregnancy cold" the whole time, so I could never fall asleep.  I did end up borrowing a recliner, even though we didn't have room for one.  It essentially fit halfway into my closet, but it fit :) Earlier in my pregnancy, I could sleep with a pillow between my legs, and another one to support my belly, but as I got bigger, even the recliner was not awesome.  I would hang my belly over the armrest and try to cuddle into the corner crack of the recliner where the back and armrest meet.  Yeah, nothing worked awesome, except complete exhaustion, which is when I fell asleep, no matter how uncomforable I was.

It's hard to complain too much about the recliner though after spending a week in the hospital on a break-away labor bed!! They finally moved me to a regular hospital bed... I guess they were just so concerned I was going to go into labor at any moment and they wanted to be ready.  But seriously... it was torture.

I could never sit up either, but the recliner worked better than that, and it was my best option.  Good luck!

User Tag List