Weight Gain with Twins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-24-2012, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How much weight did you gain in the last 6-8 weeks of pregnancy with twins? I'm wondering if it's like singletons, where you seem to gain a hefty amount those last few weeks, or if it's that you barely have any room, so you struggle to gain. 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 8 Old 11-24-2012, 04:37 PM

I haven't had a singleton pregnancy, but I slowed down overall in the last month and a half...the babies kept gaining, but the part that was just me was losing weight.

#3 of 8 Old 11-25-2012, 04:12 PM

I only gained a couple pounds those last weeks.  In fact, I think the babies were gaining faster than I was.  My arms and legs were thinner at the end of my pregnancy than before it, and I gained more than 40 pounds total.   I birthed at 38 weeks.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#4 of 8 Old 11-25-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

I'm wondering, because my OB says I should gain about 35 lbs total and I've only gained 20 so far (Ill be 30 weeks on Thursday). Im wondering if Ill pack on 15 at the last minute, or if I just wont gain that much.

I lost almost 20 lbs the day that DS was born, I wonder how much you lose when you birth two babies.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#5 of 8 Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 PM

Ugh, I couldn't stop myself from gaining 2 lbs a week after a certain point. I gained a total of 60 (so double my singleton pregnancy) and it really didn't matter what I ate. I could eat vegetables or all sugar at it was still 2 lbs a week. I went to 41 weeks.

Emelee married to J in 03/07. 12/10 our DD C was at 41.3 weeks, and 06/12 our fraternal DDs A and V were hospital birth at 41.1 weeks.
#6 of 8 Old 11-26-2012, 04:58 PM

i was outpaced by the twin in the final weeks it was harsh on my body. i gained 31 pounds total (delivered at 36w0d) and was just below pre-pregnacy weight by the time i first weighed myself at 6 days PP. while i was a tad overweight before, there were parts of me that looked stripped of tone for the first few months PP and i was feeling it.  

my advice is make every bite of food count at this stage, high protein, high healthy fats, lots of calcium supplement 

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#7 of 8 Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 PM

I gained a lot in the second and first half of the third trimester.  I actually lost a few pounds in the last few weeks.  But I did gain 50lbs and delivered at 37wks2d.  It was hard to eat enough food at the end.  I felt sick to my stomach most of the time and it felt like the food didn't fit in my stomach anymore.

slingtwin.gifMontessori teacher working part time and trying to keep up with the kiddos. blowkiss.gif DD1 (June 08)ROTFLMAO.gif DS1 (June 10)love.gif DD2 (June 10)

#8 of 8 Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I gained a total of 64 pounds - I delivered 8-lb babies (that's 8 lb each) at 39 weeks.

I averaged 2 -3 lb/week, and gained 15 pounds in the last 5.5 weeks. Neither of my doctors (an OB and my beloved family doctor - I alternated visits between the two) was concerned about my weight gain.

And I'm only 5'4" - I had NO room, but I still managed to gain (and so did they).

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page