mono-di twins and polyhydramnios - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-08-2012, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone experienced polyhydramnios with a mo-di twin pregnancy?

I'm 27 weeks today and our Baby B was diagnosed with this yesterday at my MFM appointment. The doctor didn't seem too terribly concerned - hasn't prescribed bed rest or anything. He just emphasized that if Baby B's sac were to rupture early, I would need to get to L&D immediately.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if it meant pre-term labor and/or NICU time for your twins. Thanks for any advice or stories you can share!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#2 of 4 Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 AM

I had polyhydramnios - both twins (mo/di). My fluid measurements were usually in the 11-13 range. I had two 8+lb girls at 40+3. I was told because of the poly I was more likely to go into labor early - extra pressure on the cervix. Obviously not the case for me at all wink1.gif

From what I researched poly can mean big babies (more common with GD ,although I didn't have GD). It can be uncomfortable because you are even larger - but it's a lot better problem than low fluid levels?
#3 of 4 Old 12-09-2012, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for that feedback, Caitlyn! My biggest concern with this is pre-term labor, so it is SO reassuring to hear from someone who went to 40 weeks! And two 8 pound babies - WOW. Good work, mama. Thanks again for sharing your story!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#4 of 4 Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM

The big concern here is whether Baby A is suffering from ogliohydramnios, which combined with Baby B's polyhydramnios would be an indicator for TTTS.  However, your MFM would certainly be looking for this, and the fact that she or he didn't raise it is a good sign.  Also, even if TTTS did develop, given that you're already at 27 weeks you'd be in comparatively good shape compared to early-onset TTTS.

My one comment is:  don't skip any ultrasound appointments.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page