Toddling Twins & Trips Chat Thread Winter '12-3 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: How old are your multiples this winter (if they have a birthday before Spring, list the age they are
1 or turning 1 7 100.00%
2 or turning 2 3 75.00%
3 or turning 3 0 0%
4 or turning 4 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Toddling twin moms, how are all of you doing?  My girls are 10 months old this week, crawling like crazy and trying to clamber up.  Any words of advice for someone about to join the toddler world?  I'm kind of scared. nut.gif

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
#32 of 34 Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hiya, been AWOL from mothering.com a bit while i catch my breath in real life. Moving, toddlers, life changes, oh my!

Siddal, welcome! best advice i have is pace yourself, your expectations for what you can get done will need to ebb and flow a lot as your kids and your ability to nap them, take them out on errands and the like ebb and flow as well.

perfect example is that we have always been foodies and have been going out to restaurants since the twins were just a few weeks old, we blissfully pushed thru when many of my mom palls stopped taking there Lo's out. finally we looked back and saw that yes we too had to take a break, though it was a lot shorter than most folks told us it might be. about 6 months from 2-2.5 for us. im sure it is different for everyone.

most important thing was fr us to stop pushing it to be like it was 6 months before, things had changed, we needed to roll with it and not fight the new reality.

happy we have figured most of this out in hindsight, since we sort of accidentally noticed that they are dealing with table service again kinda all of a sudden. its really fun now.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#33 of 34 Old 08-13-2013, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks, Adorkable, that is good advice.  

Now that we are down to two naps, and will probably transition to one sometime this winter or in early spring, I know I need to make an effort to get out more on my own with them, at least a little, on days when it will work.  It terrifies me, though. I have only ever taken them out for walks by myself.  But I like your advice to let it ebb and flow.  I'm so nervous about them getting mobile. Trying to remember to just breathe and take it one day at a time.  Part of my anxiety is that the condo we are renting is packed with our stuff until we can buy a house and is hard to baby proof. Oh well.

I have another ? for you if you do not mind.  I was googling about transitioning twins back into one room,and I actually hit upon a post of yours here on Mothering.  May I ask how that went for you?  At 6 months we transitioned G. to the twins room, because she was sleeping through the night, and R.'s night time wakings were bothering her (they started out in cosleeper, then G. in crib side-carred with R. in cosleeper, then in separate rooms).  My husband and I are in the guest room at the moment, so that R. can sleep in peace in our room now that she makes it through the night (she is way more restless if we are in the room and she hears us turn over or anything).  But eventually we are going to need to claim our room back as we do have frequent guests.  Any tips you could pass on for acclimating them to being in one room again?  Part of me thinks it won't even be possible until they are down to one nap.  Thank you!!

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
#34 of 34 Old 08-13-2013, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're nightweaning here. Ug. I am so so so tired. But hoping that I can start getting a little more sleep soon.

Also struggling with a stall in the potty training.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page