Pregnant with Twins (or more!): Spring/Summer 2013 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 335 Old 10-09-2013, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good luck with the GD.  Focus on eating lots of protein and healthy fats and hopefully it will resolve / be controlled.  Never eat a carb without a protein/fat at the same time.

Regarding baby positioning.  Only A needs to be head down.  Baby B often "swims" around after A is out and changes position.  But even that being said, its easier for doctors to deliver the second baby if he/she is breach!  After the first comes out you are streched nicely...doctor may shove in his/her hand up there and grab the baby out by the foot. This is what happened to me and seems like the norm (watched some videos that showed the same)....unless baby B stays head down and comes out on his/her own.   Make sure your doctor agrees with this or try new doctor!!!

applejuice likes this.
#332 of 335 Old 10-09-2013, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

The one older doctor that knows how to deliver breach babies told me last week he won't do it. I don't think the hospital I am at is very open to breach either. At this point I am praying my other baby turns vertex and it will be a none issue or that like you said, the baby will flip itself around once the other baby is out of the way. I have heard of the opposite happening were the second vertex baby turned breach after the first was out, so this configuration seems fine to me. Anything can happen in delivery.

Well day 2 of the GD meal plan is going better.  Yesterday I didn't pay attention to the carbs in the veggies and proteins I was eating and it seemed to keep my blood sugars high. At supper I paid attention to them and took a 10 minute walk after supper and my sugars were fine. Today I have been paying attention to all carbs and so far my sugars have all be in the correct range.  We will see how supper goes.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#333 of 335 Old 01-09-2014, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello!

My name is Erin
You and maybe your partners age at the birth?
I will be 36, hubby 37
Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?
Di/di
What number of kids will is be for you?
4&5!
Sexes? Will you be finding out?
Will find out Jan 30th
EDD and or planned birth timing?
6/27/14 edd
State you live in?
Austin, Tx
Anything else you want to share?
Twins-what a surprise! I am terrified of having five young ones as I feel we are already crazy with our 3 girls (ages 2, 4, & 7). It is exciting though, and I'm sure everything will fall into place. My previous deliveries have been natural with the last two being home births. I am planning home births for these little ones as well, but trying to keep an open mind to the possibility things might have to change. I am 16 weeks now and feeling very daunted by the path that lies ahead-feeling so very pregnant already! I am happy to have found camaraderie here:)
#334 of 335 Old 01-09-2014, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh no! I guess I didn't pay attention to the year! This is an old tread:)
#335 of 335 Old 01-09-2014, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's okay, erin. We're glad to have you. Congrats!!

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif

Tags
Pregnancy , Parenting Multiples

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page