Any Paleo Mamas Pregnant with Twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any other mamas out there who are or have been pregnant with twins while staying paleo/primal?  Did you find it difficult to eat enough?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 03:04 PM

No other takers?  I JUST found out I'm pregnant with twins about two hours ago (still in shock), and follow a primal/paleo diet.  I am currently 7 weeks, 6 days.  So far, I've had no morning sickness or any other typical first trimester symptoms to speak of.  I couldn't believe it when the u/s tech told me it was twins, especially considering my lack of symptoms, but the doc said everything was "pretty perfect." 

Due to the lack of morning sickness, I've had no problems eating enough.  There were a few days here and there where I wasn't able eat my usual paleo fare, but for the most part, have not strayed too terribly far.  I've read The Better Baby Book by the Aprey's, and am really focusing on fatty goodness - eggs, grass fed beef, avocado, coconut milk and oil, olives, butter, fermented cod liver oil, and fish oil (I've only had an appetite for salmon once since I found out I was pregnant).  The few times I have eaten sugary or carby non-paleo foods, I felt icky, so have decided to keep the rest of the pregnancy pretty paleo, with occasional dairy.

How far along are you?  What has been your experience so far?

Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM

im newly pregnant, tho im not sure if it's twins, and more than likely it isn't...im 4 days into my second whole30 and feeling pretty great. i think a paleo diet would be great for twin pregnancy due to the focus on protein and fat...:)

congrats on your twins...it's such an amazing experience.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 PM

By the end, however you do it, it's tricky to eat enough. I wasn't at all paleo/primal, but I cut back a lot of carbs while I was pregnant with my twins. The key is to make sure you always have healthy appealing options that are easy and available. (and lots of protein and good fats) Try to make the eating easy on yourself. And figure out what treats are the right indulgence after a long day (could be berries, avocado, cheese... mine was cocoa with cream)

Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 AM

My goal right now is paleo with dairy. Not perfect, but its a start.

I am 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant with twin girls. smile.gif

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 04-30-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post

My goal right now is paleo with dairy. Not perfect, but its a start.

I am 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant with twin girls. smile.gif

Congrats on your girls!  I'm a member of an October Twins thread on Baby Center and it is crazy how many are having girls.  I've been doing dairy as well.  Mostly just Greek yogurt, but I've got to cut that out for the next few weeks because I have to fit in a bridesmaid dress, and dairy makes me retain water.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinap View Post

By the end, however you do it, it's tricky to eat enough. I wasn't at all paleo/primal, but I cut back a lot of carbs while I was pregnant with my twins. The key is to make sure you always have healthy appealing options that are easy and available. (and lots of protein and good fats) Try to make the eating easy on yourself. And figure out what treats are the right indulgence after a long day (could be berries, avocado, cheese... mine was cocoa with cream)

Thanks for the tips!  One of my favorite indulgences - coconut milk poured over frozen berries.  YUM!

Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydodson View Post

im newly pregnant, tho im not sure if it's twins, and more than likely it isn't...im 4 days into my second whole30 and feeling pretty great. i think a paleo diet would be great for twin pregnancy due to the focus on protein and fat...:)

congrats on your twins...it's such an amazing experience.

Congrats on the pregnancy!  That's awesome that you're doing a Whole 30 right now!

User Tag List