Can you fit TWO newborn inserts into the Ergo Carrier??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay they didn't have the newborn insert when my son was born so I am not sure exactly how they work/attach etc. It looks like a cocoon kind of thing and the Ergo's are pretty wide, so just wondering if there is a way to put two of them inside and carry two babies when they are tiny love.gif ???

Thanks Mamas! 

#2 of 12 Old 02-22-2013, 06:40 AM

You definitely couldn't fit two inserts into the carrier, but you could maybe fit two tiny babes (like 6 lbs or less) side by side with their legs froggied.  As long as their heads are still lower than the back of the carrier.  hmm... it wouldn't work for long.    

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#3 of 12 Old 02-22-2013, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I don't think I will worry about it in that case thumb.gif

I saw on Youtube you can wrap two babies either in one wrap or two. Anyone know of any other ways to carry two at a time easily?? Or even better, three lol.gif

#4 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 PM

I have found videos for using Mobys with twins. smile.gif Just search on youtube. I would link but ends up weird from my phone.
sophigirl likes this.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#5 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah those are the ones I saw, just wondering if there were any other types or easier ways?

#6 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 PM

I will post as I find more. I am only 18 weeks along...so no real life experience wearing two. smile.gif

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#7 of 12 Old 02-25-2013, 10:32 AM

I really liked the structured wrap for two little ones side by side. Ours is a storkenwiegen (spelling is wrong) but there are others too. It's a bit more support since two gets heavy really fast. We switched to one on the back in ergo, one in the front in the wrap as soon as possible. But my twins were pretty big so someone with smaller babies might have a different experience.

slingtwin.gifMontessori teacher working part time and trying to keep up with the kiddos. blowkiss.gif DD1 (June 08)ROTFLMAO.gif DS1 (June 10)love.gif DD2 (June 10)

#8 of 12 Old 02-25-2013, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Is the structured wrap the one with the square and then ties coming out of each corner? Like a mei tie (spelling also wrong LOL) kind of thing?

#9 of 12 Old 02-26-2013, 09:00 AM

I'm going to try the K'tan with twins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQdINymwvVE

BTW, the aren't allowed to recommend 2 babies in a carrier anymore in USA anyway as it isn't considered safe, this video is before that change (was pretty recent). After that, I'm going to try two mei teis for carrying one on front and back, haven't found a good video/instructions for that yet, but I think it will be doable.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#10 of 12 Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM

A structured wrap is just made out of a non-stretchy material. I think you're talking about a Mei Tai (oooh the spelling lol) which is more like an ergo but ties instead of buckles. You could also check the baby wearing forum for names/brands. If you live in a city with a good carrier shop you should be able to try on most things or at least see how they are worn. The structured wraps seem crazy to tie the first few times you see it, but really it's easy and I even got to the point where I could put my daughter on my back alone without any worries. When we lived in Ottawa there were lots of great shops that would even let you borrow a carrier overnight or for a few days to really get the hang of it. Guelph has fewer shops, I think only one that carriers good carriers and they don't have an astounding selection but they were still quite helpful. Good luck and I really recommend trying to find a local shop that can help you out. It's so much better in person.

sophigirl likes this.

slingtwin.gifMontessori teacher working part time and trying to keep up with the kiddos. blowkiss.gif DD1 (June 08)ROTFLMAO.gif DS1 (June 10)love.gif DD2 (June 10)

#11 of 12 Old 03-16-2013, 01:35 PM

If you are interested in viewing a lot of options for wearing two come join the Tandem Babywearing group on Facebook. I prefer to use woven wraps but there are a lot of creative options.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wife to DH 6 yr, Mom to Mono 6/07, Mi'ha 12/09, La & Ta 1/12. Yah!

CDing, noVaxing, tandom BFing & BWing, coSleeping, minimalist in training 388/2012, mama
#12 of 12 Old 03-16-2013, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, will check it out smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page