It gets better! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2013, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I was just thinking this morning about all the anxiety I felt while pg with twins, how hard it was when they were little, and really, how much better it is now than singletons!

My twins are #3 and #4 and are now 5 years old.  At least once a day I think "This is so much easier with twins!"  They have each other and play so great together.  They spent over 8 hours yesterday at older sibling basketball and soccer games. 8 hours in the bleachers- and they played (with others and each other) the whole time without any fussiness or boredom.  They have better compromising skills than my singletons.  And the stupid phrase "they have each other" is true. 

So hang in there all you mamas with little ones, or still pg.  It gets better!  Better than you can imagine really!joy.gif

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks!  I needed that today.

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
Old 03-03-2013, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We found age 4 to be a real turning point, in terms of being able to do things with the boys (instead of for them), and their ability to entertain each other. I agree with you about compromise - I've always felt that my sons learned empathy from a very young age, too.

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks, I really needed that :)

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 03-04-2013, 10:20 PM

Whew .... only 2-3 years to go!! biglaugh.gif

Seriously though, that was a super sweet story. These little years can be TOUGH. I remember people telling me "the first year will be the hardest" ... ummmm, no. However, I can definitely see how as they get older, things change and the dynamic and relationship look different each year.

Sometimes I forget how amazing it is to be a mom of multiples! Thank you for sharing and providing inspiration!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you! Needed that today :)

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:37 PM

Yes, thank you for this. I really needed to hear it, too.  My girls are going through a rough patch at the moment...one of those times when you had been in a good routine, and it gets shot all to hell by something. In our case, I think it was a combo of the #19 "wonder week" / growth spurt, the very early stages of teething, and getting round 2 of vaccinations a little over a week ago.  Poor them and poor me....I am so tired at the moment.  I never want to wish away their baby years, as they are so fleeting and precious. But it has been such hard going the past week.  I can't help looking forward to the day that they are playing together and we can all do things together as a family.

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 

User Tag List