So you have twin babies.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here's the thread for us. There's lots of us now. Answer some questions and Ill make a big list so we can have a check in thread. (you know, with all my spare time :) )

Twin names:

Gestational age upon arrival:

Fraternal/Identical:

Time in in hospital (if applicable:

Anything else you want to share:

give us a picture now please :)

Okay everyone, here is our list so far! It's taken me forever, and I currently dont have time to color everyone's name and put Frat/ID for everyone, but it'll do for now. If you have a ? next to your kid's birth month it's because I couldnt guess accurately. If you have any changes, PM me please because sometimes it takes me a while to get back to the thread, but I check my PMs more often. Welcome new additions, but please know it may take me a minute to get you added: twin mamas are busybusybusy smile.gif
Adaline'sMama~ Callie and Wendy~ Jan. 2013
RedPajama- Samuel and Gabriel~ 8 years old
Colsxjack and Mamacolleen~ Lachlan and Kai~ Nov. 2012
Siddal~ Guinevere and Rosamund~ Oct/Nov 2012?
Jessmn~ Owen and Wyatt~ April 2013
Brambleberry~ Eleanor and Sylvia~ Feb 2013
Macrandall~ Alice and Roxy~ March 2013
Lilysmama~ Molly and Emma~ Dec 2012
13 Pumpkins~ Vivian, Lina, and Hazel~ Sept 2012?
Shuli~ R and D~ 6 years old
Quinalla~ Alice and Oliver~ April/May 2013?
momma-bear~ Amarra and Sierra~ March 2013
JodiAriel~ Emmy and Ellie~ Nov 2012
kmaximillian~ Benedict and Sophia~ May 2013
AprilV~ Sam and Max~ June 2013

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 36 Old 05-07-2013, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Twin names: Calliope Jane and Eleanor Wendy, or, "Wendy and Callie."

Gestational age upon arrival: 35 weeks, 1 day

Fraternal/Identical: don't know yet, but they were di/di

Time in in hospital (if applicable): 10 days in NICU

Anything else you want to share: It's been hard- Im finally reaching out to other twin moms in my area and learning little tips and tricks that lots of mainstream twin moms use to juggle two babies. My kiddos are still being supplemented with formula, mostly for my sanity. Im okay, the past few months have really been a struggle. 

give us a picture now please :):

Here they are about two weeks ago. They are now 16 weeks. I think. 

Wendy on the right, Callie on the left. (I think). 

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 36 Old 05-07-2013, 06:07 PM

boys nebraska ring bearers.jpg

Gabe and Sam, First Day Home 010.jpg

My boys are Samuel and Gabriel. they were born at 38 weeks, and spend the same time in the hospital as I did.

They are fraternal

I have a hard time believing how fast time goes, and how much I miss the little kid stuff. They are 8, although the picture is from them at 6.

I apparently don't have the skillz to insert a picture. (edited to add: sometimes all it takes is practice!)

Twin boys (2/05) and little sister (10/07)
#4 of 36 Old 05-07-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Twin names: Kai Paxton and Lachlan Jack

Gestational age upon arrival: 38w5d

Fraternal/Identical: fraternal

Time in in hospital (if applicable: same as mother. 2 days.

Anything else you want to share: They are 5 months now. Loving their 3.75 yr old sister. Love to laugh. Hate to nap. Love to nurse. Starting to "talk" alot and be interactive. Have very distinct personalities.

Lachlan and Kai

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#5 of 36 Old 05-11-2013, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Twin names: Guinevere Isabeau and Rosamund Persephone

Gestational age upon arrival: 37 weeks

Fraternal/Identical: They were mono/di, one placenta, two sacs. But, I don't know?  Everyone told me they would likely be identical.  And the research I did made that seem the case. Then, when they were born, my OB said, "well, we know they aren't identical because there were two sacs." huh?  Their features seem the same, but they can often look very different because G. weighed a pound more than R at birth, and at 7 months, she still does.  So, as weird as it sounds, I just don't know.  Maybe someday I'll have them tested.

Time in in hospital (if applicable): 5 days.  R turned transverse at the last min.  and she had been stressed during the pregnancy, so we decided on a last min. c-section

Anything else you want to share:  It's fascinating to watch their personalities unfold.  At 7 months PP, I am starting to feel more like my old self, and feel like I'm bonding more with the girls every day, and am less in triage mode.  They are wonderful.  They are rolling and trying to crawl, eating some food, saying "dadada" and "yayayaya", and they love hearing stories. Now for the mobility stage...oh my! uhoh3.gif

Guinevere is on the left and Rosamund on the right.

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
#6 of 36 Old 05-12-2013, 02:26 PM

Fun! I love seeing all these twin baby pictures!

Twin names: Owen Arthur and Wyatt Alan

Gestational age upon arrival: 38 weeks 3 days (born April 24)

Fraternal/Identical: Fraternal

Time in in hospital (if applicable): 4 days in the hospital with us as I recovered from a c-section, Owen was footling breech

Anything else you want to share: the boys are SO different! Owen is a screamer, easily upset and lets you know how it is. Wyatt is very easy going and cries quietly. We expected these personalities based on their movements in the womb and through all the NSTs. Owen was 3 pounds heavier than Wyatt (8lbs 11oz vs 5lbs 12oz), which was completely unexpected. I really want to start taking them out and about, but car seats are too much work and I'm not supposed to be carrying all that weight around anyways. I have a woven wrap I want to try to master soon but am afraid since the babies heads are so floppy. I am still getting used to my belly....lots and lots of extra stretched skin that I am hoping will shrink away. In the meantime I'm wearing an abdominal binder 24/7.

Owen on the left, Wyatt on the right

(I totally did NOT pose them!)

First time mom to twin boys born April 24! luxlove.gif Owen & Wyatt luxlove.gif

#7 of 36 Old 05-12-2013, 05:05 PM

Twin names: Eleanor Florence and Sylvia Ruth

Gestational age upon arrival: 38w 3d  They're now 3 months old.

Fraternal/Identical: They were di/di, but may be identical...

Time in in hospital (if applicable: 2 days with me

Anything else you want to share: We've been having a terrible time with naps.  It's starting to improve a little, but still consumes a lot of my time - it seems like all I do all day is try to help babies sleep.  It's particularly frustrating because we had problems with our first (now 3 yrs old), and I was determined to do it right this time.  I read sleep books, articles, talked to other moms, etc. and thought that this time we'd have happy, well rested babes.  They actually do pretty well at night - waking twice during my sleep time usually, but daytime naps are such a struggle.  They wake up after 15 min even when put down drowsy but awake, and even when we get past that point they're up after an hour.  And they can't handle being awake for more than 45 minutes to an hour before they get tired and fussy again. 

give us a picture now please :)  here's at one week old (I haven't had time to get more recent pictures off my camera):

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#8 of 36 Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmn View Post

I am still getting used to my belly....lots and lots of extra stretched skin that I am hoping will shrink away. In the meantime I'm wearing an abdominal binder 24/7.

I am still struggling with being unhappy with my belly at 3 months pp.  I wore my abdominal binder until it got too big (around 4 or 5 weeks?), but still am wearing my maternity pants from first tri.  I've been thinking I need to get another one, or just a good old girdle, because I am more than ready to get back into my regular pants again.  I need pockets for one thing!  I thought that my belly would shrink down on it's own faster than it has.  I'm 35 which may make it harder, and I haven't been able to be as active as I normally am since I'm stuck inside with babies 24 7.  

And I still have some pubic symphasis pain when I walk a lot on uneven ground or lift much.  Chiro has helped, but adjustments don't hold.  The lifting thing is a major problem for me and means that I'm not able to get back to work more than one day a week.  DH and I normally split child care, but right now I can't do a lot of the daily tasks that need doing with our nursery stock business, so I'm in with the kids most of the time.  I enjoy being a SAHM part time, but really need to do other work as well for my own sanity.  So that's been a problem.

Sorry for all the fussing.  On the upside, the babies are starting to be really delightful with their little cooing and smiles, and it's so fun to see them start to notice each other and beginning to interact just a little.  And DD1 is really sweet with them - I was so worried that the twins would ruin her life (and she has been really needy), but she already really enjoys them and I'm starting to see how much siblings are a blessing to each other.

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#9 of 36 Old 05-13-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:

We've been having a terrible time with naps.  It's starting to improve a little, but still consumes a lot of my time - it seems like all I do all day is try to help babies sleep.  It's particularly frustrating because we had problems with our first (now 3 yrs old), and I was determined to do it right this time.  I read sleep books, articles, talked to other moms, etc. and thought that this time we'd have happy, well rested babes.  They actually do pretty well at night - waking twice during my sleep time usually, but daytime naps are such a struggle.  They wake up after 15 min even when put down drowsy but awake, and even when we get past that point they're up after an hour.  And they can't handle being awake for more than 45 minutes to an hour before they get tired and fussy again. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambleberry View Post

I am still struggling with being unhappy with my belly at 3 months pp.  I wore my abdominal binder until it got too big (around 4 or 5 weeks?), but still am wearing my maternity pants from first tri.  I've been thinking I need to get another one, or just a good old girdle, because I am more than ready to get back into my regular pants again.  I need pockets for one thing!  I thought that my belly would shrink down on it's own faster than it has.  I'm 35 which may make it harder, and I haven't been able to be as active as I normally am since I'm stuck inside with babies 24 7.  

Hang in there, on both fronts.  Naps have been a real struggle for us, too.  I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel like you put babies to sleep all day.  My girls just turned 7 months and only now are they taking longer naps- anywhere from 50 min to the rare 2 hour.  I will usually get a 1 hour 20 min. nap at least once a day for one of their naps.  So it really does get better.  It seemed like forever they were stuck at the dreaded 30 min sleep cycle, and sometimes even 20 min.  It's so hard when you have to do it for two.  It is also hard when one wakes up an the other still sleeps.  You feel like you never get a break.  But you will, over time, come to appreciate being able to spend some one on one time with the awake twin.  It took me a while to get to that point, but I do feel that now.  

And I was still wearing my 1st trimester pregnancy jeans up until a couple of weeks ago :P  I had my girls at age 41, so I feel you on it being harder to lose weight.  I have no time at all to work out right now.  But, since they were about 4 months old, I have tried to get out as much as I could for stroller walks.  At least one of their naps a day would end up being in the stroller, and sometimes still is, since they often still need a later afternoon catnap, and really fight taking that one in their bed.  I know some say it isn't good to do naps on the go, but I don't sweat it, because I know that nap will disappear soon enough.  This way, they get plenty of rest, and I get a little exercise.

That is so sweet that their big sis is enjoying them :)  

jessmn, I know what you mean about sensing their personalities during the NSTs and ultrasounds!  Rosamund was like that....so much more wiggly.  And the little monkey turned transverse at the very last minute, after weeks of them both being head down.  Hello, last minute c-section! :-P  both of ours ended up being smaller than expected, as well.  I was really shocked.

Gorgeous little ones, all!  I love seeing all of these sweet babies!

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
#10 of 36 Old 05-13-2013, 06:15 PM

o.k. here's a recent pic.  Amazingly they're doing the exact same thing again!  Imagine that.

I also wanted to say how cute everybody's little ones are looking!

colsxjack - Love the expressions!  siddal - beautiful beautiful little girls and lovely picture - such good poses.  jessmn - love the double fencing shot.  And Holly - such sweeties!  I can't believe how big they're getting!

#11 of 36 Old 05-14-2013, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

OMG. I want to eat those babies. Is it Slyvia on the right, eating her sister's face?

Wendy is always trying to eat Callie. Also, she's the cuddler. She always wants to be near Callie, but Callie does not want her near her at all. 

We're seriously considering the zygosity test, because ours look SO much alike. It's only $100....

I too, and struggling with body issues. My belly still looks pretty pregnant, and Im not getting enough exercise in because Im stuck inside a lot. Plus, when I get a free moment, the last thing I want is to exercise- which sucks because I totally have 30 lbs to lose. 

Part of my problem is that I got the Implanon when they were 6 weeks, and I cant seem to lose any.thing. since then. Im getting it out asap.

SIDS happens. 

#12 of 36 Old 05-14-2013, 03:48 PM

Twin names: Alice Chloe and Roxanne (Roxy) Etta

Gestational age upon arrival: 38 Weeks

Time in in hospital (if applicable): Just the 2 days

Anything else you want to share: The girls are two months old today (born March 14th)! Finally getting the hang of it, I think, and I go back to work on Monday. I'm down 50 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, we're supplementing, but only about 25%, and I'm proud of the amount I'm able to breastfeed. The girls are still small, but healthy.

Roxy on the left, Alice on the right.

#13 of 36 Old 05-14-2013, 04:47 PM

Oh! And Baby B (Roxy) came out feet first! Which is a fun, twin-specific thing to tell people.

#14 of 36 Old 05-14-2013, 06:06 PM

What cute little chubsters, macrandall!  It looks like Alice is already really trying to roll!

Holly - That's Eleanor on the right.  We're color coding them to be able to tell them apart more easily.  Eleanor gets darker colors: purple, brown, dark pink, and Sylvia gets green, yellow, light pink, etc.  It's hard to do when we're relying on hand-me-downs and all our gifted clothing is identical.  Anyone else color coding their twins?  How do you get the relatives on board with purchasing outfits in the right colors?  Everyone just wants to get us doubles of the same outfit - which is kind of fun, but I find it impractical.

#15 of 36 Old 05-14-2013, 07:44 PM

Haha I love that face-eating picture!! I wonder when mine will start to notice each other. I swear today they were looking at each other (3 weeks tomorrow).

Alice and Roxy are so cute!

I've lost 30lbs between giving birth and yesterday at my incision check appt, still have 26lbs or so to go. I'm hoping to start working out once I'm healed from the c section. We go on some walks with the babies and I am amazed at how much muscle and stamina I've lost! Yikes! Guess that's what happens when you limit mobility for several months...

#16 of 36 Old 05-15-2013, 11:27 AM

Holy Moly! I have been mia for soooo long. Mine were born earlier than the Feb MoMs to be that I kind of dropped off the face of the earth it seems!
Molly and Emma
G.estational age upon arrival:31w
Fraternal/Identical: ID
Time in in hospital (if applicable:6 weeks. Growing and learning to eat. No major issues thank goodness.
Anything else you want to share: They were always fussy and FINALLY I figured out they have a milk protein sensitivity. Since eliminating all dairy and a whole lot of soy, they are like new babies. New pleasant babies that coo and smile! We supplement with nutrimigen when I get touched out, bu nks that they are less scream, I am also less touched out. I am starting to enjoy them. They just turned five months.
#17 of 36 Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 AM

Can I be included--it's hard for me as a triplet mama to find the right niche here!

Triplet's  names: Vivian, Lina, Hazel

Gestational age upon arrival: 34 weeks 5 days

Fraternal/Identical: Fraternal, Identical, Identical (see, I can kinda make a stretch that I have twins being that my twins are twined to their sister fraternally)

Time in in hospital (if applicable): 2.5 weeks but without NICU.  Just waiting on baby C to get to size.  We were lucky.

Anything else you want to share:

give us a picture now please :)  Cannot share photos until I get home.

They are 9 mo old today and wonderful!

Mama to five, not 13.  I just like pumpkins and thought that number would not be taken.

#18 of 36 Old 05-21-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13pumpkins View Post

Fraternal/Identical: Fraternal, Identical, Identical (see, I can kinda make a stretch that I have twins being that my twins are twined to their sister fraternally)

OMG, that is just fantastic!

#19 of 36 Old 05-21-2013, 02:12 PM

Wow, 13pumpkins!  Good job carrying them so long!

#20 of 36 Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrandall View Post

OMG, that is just fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babies2kidsmom View Post

Wow, 13pumpkins!  Good job carrying them so long!

Thank you!  I just went to their 9 mo appointment and they are 13+, 13+, and 17 lbs!  My largest is completely oblivious that she was ever a preemie and the two smaller ones are right on track for their age just pint sized.  :)

Mama to five, not 13.  I just like pumpkins and thought that number would not be taken.

#21 of 36 Old 05-22-2013, 11:50 PM

Mine will be six soon. Where does the time go?They are fraternal and are different in every way. We are starting now with loose teeth and getting ready for 1st grade -eek!

They were born at 36.5 weeks, the placenta fused very early and we were treated like an ID pregnancy and there was a bit of TTTS going on, so they came out early. One was in the nursery and one was in the NICU and we were in hospital for a week (CS). I will try and post a picture when I get home. All of your little ones are sooo cute. 13pumkins, you are my hero!

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

#22 of 36 Old 05-28-2013, 03:25 AM

Twin names: Alice & Oliver
Gestational age upon arrival: 36 weeks exactly
Time in in hospital: I was in the hospital for 7 days because of pre-e & Oliver having random decels, then 3 days after my c-section with the babies and we all came home
Anything else you want to share: The twins are just over a month old now and are doing great! I feel so lucky that they had no problems and no NICU time. They are finally really breastfeeding well and the formula supplementation I've been doing has dropped to almost nothing and I am hardly pumping at all anymore either, once a day at most! I even breastfed them both together the other day with my Brestfriend twin pillow, but it wasn't too successful yet, when they get some neck control I think it will work fine. My oldest DD, Sydney, who is 3.5 has really adjusted well to them, though she still get jealous/attention seeking when Mom & Dad are both busy with babies.

I'm on maternity leave for another 12 weeks and then I'll be back to work FT with all the kids in daycare. DD1 is in daycare now as she thrives there and is high needs so it would be very tough caring for her all day with the twins. I had planed to just send her parttime, but DH convinced me FT would be better and I have to agree! Thank goodness the twins are not high needs too, while they take more time to feed & change because 2 vs. 1, so far they are much easier to care for than DD1 as an infant. I'm sure that will change once they are mobile! I have to say logistics of getting around with 2 infants is challenging, but I'm managing pretty well. It is a heck of a lot harder than with one infant, though also people are very helpful when they see you with two babies.

The family

Sydney:

Alice:

Oliver:

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#23 of 36 Old 05-28-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinalla View Post

...I have to say logistics of getting around with 2 infants is challenging, but I'm managing pretty well. It is a heck of a lot harder than with one infant, though also people are very helpful when they see you with two babies.

What cuties!  Such beautiful big wide eyes.  I've been finding the getting around part super challenging too.  We almost never used a stroller with DD1, and don't have a proper twin stroller now because I didn't prioritize it.  My mom found a sit and stand stroller for a really good deal used, but it doesn't work with two infants, since the front seat doesn't recline.  We take walks with one baby in a carrier, one in the stroller, and DD1 in the front seat of the stroller, or I can put both car seats in our big speedway wagon and DD1 squeezes in next to them.  But none of it's convenient. They've finally gotten enough head control that I can put one on my back, so this week I finally got to tandem wear them for the first time!  It's exciting, but it is a lot of weight for regular wearing like that.  

#24 of 36 Old 05-29-2013, 08:55 AM

Twin names: Amarra Sedona and Sierra Lynn

Gestational age upon arrival: 38 weeks and 4 days

Time in in hospital (if applicable: 4 days while I recovered from my C-section

Anything else you want to share:  I was in twin shock for most of my pregnancy. But now that the girls are here, I can't imagine it any other way. We're first time parents and my fiance says twins make you learn everything twice as fast. 150 cloth diapers a week, we can literally do a diaper change with eyes closed, haha. Breastfeeding, babywearing, cosleeping and loving it all. These little ones are Yin and Yang with such different personalities. I can't wait for them to start babbling to eachother! 

AppleMark

Wild crazy in love with DF hug.gif. Starting a family together with his pups dog2.gif, my cats cat.gif and our twin girls, born 3-26-13. familybed2.gif

#25 of 36 Old 06-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambleberry View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinalla View Post

...I have to say logistics of getting around with 2 infants is challenging, but I'm managing pretty well. It is a heck of a lot harder than with one infant, though also people are very helpful when they see you with two babies.
What cuties!  Such beautiful big wide eyes.  I've been finding the getting around part super challenging too.  We almost never used a stroller with DD1, and don't have a proper twin stroller now because I didn't prioritize it.  My mom found a sit and stand stroller for a really good deal used, but it doesn't work with two infants, since the front seat doesn't recline.  We take walks with one baby in a carrier, one in the stroller, and DD1 in the front seat of the stroller, or I can put both car seats in our big speedway wagon and DD1 squeezes in next to them.  But none of it's convenient. They've finally gotten enough head control that I can put one on my back, so this week I finally got to tandem wear them for the first time!  It's exciting, but it is a lot of weight for regular wearing like that.  
Thanks smile.gif I do have a twin stroller that takes two infant car seats, but I haven't used it yet as it was too heavy until just recently for me to lift in and out of the car after a c-section. So far, I've been sticking to places with carts except for a quick stop at Panera where I just carried the infant seat (Sam's is the best with their big carts) as I can put one in the top and one inside and still get shopping done. I've had some success with my carrier (K'tan), but I'm not comfortable with it enough yet to rely on it outside the house, when they have better neck control I'm sure it will be fine. I want to try wearing both as well, we'll see if I can get it to work! I'm going to try out the stroller next week I think! With my 3 year old too, I just have her hold onto my pocket while I carry the babies when we've been alone, worked so far, but we weren't going far from the car either.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#26 of 36 Old 06-12-2013, 05:04 AM

Twin names: Emerson Lily (aka Emmy) and Ellis Willow (aka Ellie)

Gestational age upon arrival: 40w0d, 6lbs 13 oz and 6 lbs 9oz, born vaginally 38 mins apart

Time in in hospital 29 hrs.  I had been induced and was there for 3.5 days before I delivered so I couldnt wait to get out of there

6 mo collage:

7 month collage:

Happily soggy SAHM to Emerson Lily and Ellis Willow born 11.7.2012 slingtwin.gif  Exclusively breastfed, unvaccinated, cloth diapered, worn little girls who love watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

#27 of 36 Old 06-18-2013, 01:59 AM

Adorable babies!

Twin names: Benedict James and Sophia Vioris
Gestational age upon arrival: 33w2days c-section Benedict was baby a and breech
Time in Hospital: 6 days for me 2w2d for Sophia 2w3d for Benedict

They turned one month today. Were trying to fully breast feeding. It's a struggle right now.
#28 of 36 Old 06-18-2013, 01:06 PM

Thought you all would like to see a picture of the boys. We had them taken yesterday and this is the sneak peek. Owen on the left, Wyatt on the right. They are 8 weeks tomorrow!

#29 of 36 Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM

Wow Jess they are so cute.  Congratulations.

#30 of 36 Old 07-17-2013, 10:35 AM

It's so cool to see all the twins! And I love the hopeful stories from those of you with older ones. My boys, Sam and Max, are 5 weeks old and I feel like "triage" describes my life well! They were born at 38 weeks weighing 7-8 and 6-14, at one month they weighed 11-8 and 10-5! Because all I do is nurse, haha, luckily it isnt my first time and the babies were pros from the first time. I also have 2 older boys, aged 4 and 6 and we homeschool, so I basically can never be alone for more than a couple hours without losing it. Thankfully we have had tons of help.
My body looks pretty different- I lost 47 of the 55 I gained so far and my tummy is pretty flat but my hips are wider and I have a bulge in the pubic area, hoping its just still swollen from the csection and not permanent! Any bottoms with a waistband bother me- was anyone else still feeling sore 5 weeks out?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page