Checking on......twins almost 3! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2013, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

SO just checking in....wow its been a ride!! The girls are almost 3. They are potty trained completely, sleep throught the night and are very independent!! Its been a very challenging but fun year. Its getting a little easier now they are getting older, finally.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 11:53 AM

Thanks for checking in, Strongmama.  It is always nice to hear from moms of older multiples.  Gives me hope! :-D  My girls just turned one on 10/3.  Even though I know the next two years will be very hard, I, too, am feeling some of difficulty lifting and starting to enjoy motherhood a lot more.  It is amazing to see them growing so much and basically becoming little people :-)

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
Old 11-03-2013, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

One was such a fun age,and actually pretty easy. I think that 18 months to about 26 months has been the hardest. There were a lot of developmental milestones to be reached, teething to complete, potty training to do, etc. THose were rough times. The hardest thing now is that my girls are so different. One wants to be inside all the time and one wants to be outside, LOL One is social, one is not. Etc. So finding an even balance in activities is a challenge. Also taking them places is getting a wholelot easier. So thats one thing I am so thankful for!!

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Old 11-03-2013, 06:12 PM

Yes, I have to admit, I'm nervous about the next year or so.  Especially the potty training.  Good to hear it is easier to take them out.  To be honest, other than stroller walks, or going to places close by with the stroller (library, coffee shop, etc), I pretty much never take them anywhere by myself.  We have a "discovery center" nearby that has a room for 2 years and under. and I think I will attempt that soon. But the thought of being with them on my own in a strange place makes me so nervous (I'm a first-time mom ).  We don't live near family and friends, though, so I really need to get out and socialize more.  

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 

User Tag List