16 weeks pregnant, discharge and pelvic pressure - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-20-2013, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

So this is my 2nd pregnancy. I have a 4 1/2 year old son and am currently 16 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins. This pregnancy is so different from what I had with my son. I have been so paranoid that something is going to go wrong with my pregnancy. I have been having discharge pretty much the entire pregnancy, except sometimes it would go away but then come back. I also I have been having pelvic pressure since about 10 weeks off and on, where I just feel like the babies are going to fall out. It seems to be worse in the mornings after I get up from sleeping or if I am walking around a lot. So far in my pregnancy I have had 5 ultrasounds. I have 2 a month, one briefly with my ob. and one with the perinatologist. They are constantly monitoring me and I am telling them about my concerns. They keep telling me that because I'm pregnant with twins I will feel things "much sooner" and not to worry, this is normal. Yesterday, I had an ultrasound and they said my cervix was very long which is great because that means less chance of pre-term labor. But right before I left the doctor said I had "low placenta." He didn't explain what it was just that most of the time it corrects itself later on in the pregnancy and that I have nothing to worry about right now. He did say that if I had bleeding to go to the hospital right away, which made me incredibly nervous! I feel like the doctors keep telling me things are "normal" but I just don't feel like they are. It's hard to find information about what's considered normal in a twin pregnancy and a lot of things I research say to ask you doctor, well I did, and they are so short with me and just tell me that things are fine. Is there anyone that has had these same problems with their pregnancy and doctors? I should also mention that throughout my ENTIRE pregnancy, all I have ever had in terms of being examined was ultrasounds. I have only had 1 vaginal/pelvic exam at 7wks when I had some spotting but since then it's only been ultrasounds. I am also pretty small 5ft.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
I hope you are feeling better!
#3 of 4 Old 12-31-2013, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi. My twins are 25 weeks old, and I clearly recall the discharge I had for the entire pregnancy with them. They are both girls, and a midwife told me that all the estrogen in my body was probably causing all the discharge. So...maybe you are carrying girls.redface.gif

I never had issues with any pelvic pressure, though, but another midwife told me that pregnancy in general puts a lot of stress on the pelvic area, especially a twin pregnancy...so maybe that is the reason.

Hope you will be feeling better. Congratulations on your twins! Mine are fraternal, too.

TizTaz5, wife of a wonderful husband, mother of ( June '09), two (July '13), and a little due March '15. hopeful!
#4 of 4 Old 01-09-2014, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi there! I am now 16 weeks with fraternal twins, and I too have had a lot of discharge and pelvic pain/pressure. This is my 4th pregnancy, and I do recall a lot of pressure with my previous singleton pregnancies, but definitely towards the end. I just read a blurb out of the book "double duty" to expect to start feeling pressure in the middle of your second trimester. I have had two ultrasounds so far, no vaginal exams, nor have I brought these issues up to my midwife. I plan to next week to make sure my cervix is up to par. If you've had exams and confirmation that your cervix looks good, I would chalk it up to the fun of carrying twins:/ I've started trying to relieve pressure with spinal curl exercises and lying down occasionally during the day. I hope you are feeling better! I feel I'll be robbed of the 2nd trimester of energy and feeling good I experienced with my other pregnancies-already so uncomfortable and worn out!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page