Babysitting 2 newborns with an active 18 month old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2014, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I don't know if I'm in the right thread for that but I just got an offer : to babysit 2 newborns (NOT twins, they are from different mothers, who are friends), 2-3 days a week. At first I got all excited at the idea of caring for a newborn again, but I started thinking about it and it seems a little much. DS is 18 months, curious and very active, I wonder how he would react seeing me caring for little babies? My concern was also that I'd have to go to their house, which is probably not babyproofed since the babies are not walking and all. But also, what about my DS' naptime? It takes 30 minutes to put him down, how am I suppose to do that? lol!

I think that having them dropped off at my house would make things sooo much easier, but I don't know if they will accept. I guess I need to find out.

Anyway, how do y'all do it?! lol

French Canadian living in the Big Easy. Happy mama to Jaxson Lee born on 9/16/12 and loving wife to Denis Lee since 11/03/11

Lovesbikenew.giftreehugger.gifwhistling.gifnamaste.gifteapot2.GIFread.gifdishes.gifchampagne.gifeat.gifcoolshine.gifROTFLMAO.gifnotes.gifjog.gifbroc1.gifstillheart.gifbiggrinbounce.gifRainbow.gifcaffix.gifand all that good stuff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Ask if they will drop babies off at your house. Worst thing that happens is they say no! Would it be possible for you to do some trial days with babies before Moms go back to work? That way you can see how things work out. I used to do some daycare/babysitting and always asked for trial days first....sometimes the kids are just a bad fit together. Now that DD goes to daycare I do trial days as a parent too.

User Tag List