35+ weeks ... and nothing to wear! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-02-2014, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

6 weeks ago, I reached my 'full term' size with my previous 2 single-baby-pregnancies. Since then, finding things to wear has been getting more and more challenging! I'm at 150% of my pre-preg weight, and it does seem to (fortunately!) be all belly, which is nice, but hard to dress!

I hate to buy more at this point, as it won't be needed long, but I also hate to have that band of belly exposed where pant & shirt don't quite meet! It was only 8*C this morning, so not warm enough for baring much skin outside anyway.

~SynEpona~
#2 of 4 Old 05-02-2014, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is so hard. I had similar problems. Do go out and find one or two things you can wear. It seems silly, but you need *something*. And you'll feel better if you don't feel undressed.

synepona likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 05-03-2014, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I went on a big thrift shopping expedition at about that point in my pregnancy too.  Empire waist dresses or tunics over leggings or yoga pants was my solution.  I had a pair of xl maternity leggings and a non-maternity pair of xl yoga pants that fit up to the end, and I found a couple pairs of XXL or XXXL non-maternity elastic waisted slacks at the thrift store for just around the house.

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#4 of 4 Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm having that problem too-I have two shirts and maybe 2 pairs of pants and a skirt left. And it's so hot out here already! I have a lovely trail of veins popping out of my right leg I keep in a sleeve, so that makes me want to cover up as much as I can, but so uncomfortable! I like the old navy scrunchy sided shirts-I think I got them for about $8. I still have seven weeks to go!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page