Small Babies and Twins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-16-2014, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Small Babies and Twins

Hi All, i recently found out that I am pregnant with di-di twins (21 weeks along). Besides being worried about everything else, I have also become concerned about their size. My only other baby didn't come out until almost 42 weeks and was only 6lbs 8oz (my older is a girl and these two are both as well). This is making me very worried that, given that twins tend to be smaller, these babies will be dangerously tiny. Does anyone have any insight into whether this is a reasonable concern, and if there's any research on how to grow bigger babies ? I am normally vegetarian but have been adding a bit of meat to my diet, to help with mood and fatigue issues that i think were stemming from nutritional problems that I was having a hard time dealing with.
Thanks for any insight you can offer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-18-2014, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I always heard to eat tons and tons of protein. I ended up eating some type of bean protein powder mixed with ice cream to try and get enough. I know there are tasty chocolate type of protein drinks too but I never bought any. Besides trying to eat as much and as healthy as you can, just let them gestate as long as possible and unless there are signs of a problem don't go in for induction of labor just because you hit 36, 37 weeks etc. I know when I went in at 35 weeks for a check up ultrasound they said they wanted to induce me at 36 weeks with di/di twins with no signs of problems or complications!! Thankfully I did not as they stayed in for another month without issues. Good luck.

Emelee married to J in 03/07. 12/10 our DD C was at 41.3 weeks, and 06/12 our fraternal DDs A and V were hospital birth at 41.1 weeks.
#3 of 4 Old 07-28-2014, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My babies weighed 8 pounds each, born at 39 weeks. I've never had a singleton, so I can't compare.

I ate a LOT, throughout the day. At one point I kept track, and discovered I'd had 11 feedings in a day (not a meal - there wasn't room in my stomach to eat a lot at once). A feeding might consist of yogurt, a big serving a broccoli, a piece of peanut butter toast, etc.

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

#4 of 4 Old 07-30-2014, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
my twins were almost 6 lbs each at 37 weeks. i was not dilated at all but was induced bc preeclampsia. my only advice is when midwife says stay off your feet, stay off of them! if i had listened i dont think i would have had to get a c section :-( ... anyway my girls were about 5.5 lbs when they came home (3 days after being born) at 37 weeks with no problems, no jaundice no nursing issues. i am still exclusively breastfeeding them at 5 months! soo i guess i would say eat a LOT, high quality protien is important and about a gallon of water a day. that said, dont worry about anything. i worried too much too as these were my first pregnancy but now looking back it was silly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page