VBA2C with Twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 08-22-2014, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
VBA2C with Twins?

Hello experienced mama's of multiples! I will give a brief background as I ask for your experiences and advice!

I had 2 babies vaginally. I then had a c-section for transverse lie. Then I had a "forced" unnecessary section due to hospital VBAC ban, and I was ignorant of any other options, basically.

Then I really became educated, had major heart/head changes and went "all natural" with our lifestyle and health choices. I then had a natural VBA2C with a great OB in a hospital I found via ICAN. The baby was 8 lbs 10 oz. My next VBA2C was a homebirth of a 10 lbs 9 oz baby boy at 42 weeks. Then I have had 2 more natural VBA2C's with my OB (long story why I don't have a homebirth again..I can fill you in if you desire) 8 lbs 11 oz, 9 lbs 12 oz.

My OB is incredibly VBAC supportive (that's why I travel an hour to see him and have a birth at that awesome hospital), and vaginal twin birth promoting. He told me today that he is somewhat concerned about the lower uterine segment being very stretched in a twin pregnancy and then laboring. He said ultimately, like always, it's my decision and he will support me.

What do you ladies think? I measured 44 weeks with my almost 11 lb baby, so he says I certainly can carry large baby(s) in my uterus and then labor...

Right now I am thinking I will go with the vaginal birth attempt, once again...but, I don't want to be naive or selfish with that choice if it truly isn't the safest choice for my history. I just cannot imagine scheduling a surgical birth if baby A is head down..can't fathom it.

I suppose I do feel a bit of doubt/worry, as one of my dear friends lost twin B and her uterus in a twin vaginal birth at home a few years ago..it is still with me, because it is still with her

Thanks so much for your input!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

Last edited by MyFillingQuiver; 08-22-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: clarity

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page