Introduction - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2004, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to introduce myself. This site was suggested by a member on another forum I visit. I look forward to getting to know you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2004, 06:08 PM

I'm sure you'll grow to love this board as much as I do! Tell us more about yourself and your babes when you get the chance.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
Old 05-23-2004, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I could have done that, huh? LOL I am a SAHM located in Iowa. Zack & Paige were born 3/4/04 by c-section. I was 37 weeks when my doctor decided to induce me. Zack was 6 lbs 8 oz and Paige was 6 lbs 5 oz. They are both around 12 lbs now. Growing very fast as I'm sure you all know. It's been great so far. I have one that's usually very good and one that has colic tendencies. But I can't complain, it hasn't been that bad.

That's all I can think of at the moment!

Hi!!
Old 05-24-2004, 01:40 PM

Hi and welcome, debcole! Were you on Twinstuff? I liked this board for its more natural approach to things...

I also visit twinsmagazine.com. They have a thread specifically for those expecting twins... I asked the Mothering moderators if they would start such a thread here, but I guess there aren't enough of us on here to do that yet.

How was your pregnancy? I'm 24 weeks along today and feeling great! Have you been able to breastfeed your babies?
Old 05-24-2004, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

msrog, yes, twinstuff is my main forum that I go to right now. Looking to branching out! LOL I had a great pregnancy. My doctor put me on house arrest at 28 weeks. I basically had to limit how often I left the house and do "light" house work. It wasn't strict bed rest like many have to endure! I went until 37 weeks and the doctor said the babies were ready to come so induced me into labor. After being in labor all day, I did not dilate past 3 so they decided to do a c-section. Zack was born and did not take that first breath. They had to use the balloon air thing on him and it stretched the lining of his lungs. He had a week long stay in NICU. Paige didn't have any problems and went home with me in 3 days. Zack was 6 lbs 8 oz and Paige was 6 lbs 5 oz. I couldn't have asked for much more. I did BF, Paige didn't like to and Zack did but was/is a very slow eater so it was monopolizing my time horribly. So I decided to pump for both of them. I don't produce enough milk for the 2 of them, so they get 1/2 BM 1/2 formula. It seems to work for us.

Good luck to you in your pregnancy. You've made it great so far!
Old 05-26-2004, 12:16 AM

Hey Debcole,

It's greentea from TS. Great to see you.

Beth
Old 05-26-2004, 12:50 AM

Hey, Greentea, I have been to Winder! I'm in Peachtree City. Are you pg w/twins, or are they already here? You didn't have info on your signature...

User Tag List