New Here - HEllo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-24-2004, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! I have 10mos old twin boys - Riley and Cole. I've been doing a form of AP and Natural Parenting so finding support for my "ways" will be great! It's a bit more of a challange doing things "AP" and "Natural" when you have multiples I think... Anyway - Hello!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 05-24-2004, 07:17 PM

Hello and to the board!! I'm so excited to see so many "newbies" here over the past few days!! I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#3 of 8 Old 05-24-2004, 08:46 PM

HI! I have 5 month old twin boys! Can't wait to see what they're up to when they're as old as your boys!
#4 of 8 Old 05-24-2004, 08:47 PM

Welcome! How did your birth go, were you able to keep it natural? It's been frustrating hearing all the things they won't let you do...
#5 of 8 Old 05-27-2004, 12:04 PM

Hi there! I'm new too. My baby girls aren't here yet but every morning I get up and say "Okay I made it another day!".

I hope things are going great for you and your boys!

Carmella
34w4d - so far 4lbs2oz and 4lbs8oz
MZ sweet baby girls : edd 7-4-04 (40w)
Dominic (The Dom) :binky 12-29-02 (41w1d)
#6 of 8 Old 05-27-2004, 12:07 PM

Welcome!
#7 of 8 Old 05-27-2004, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrog
Welcome! How did your birth go, were you able to keep it natural? It's been frustrating hearing all the things they won't let you do...
Hmm....well I tried to go natural tho they did talk me into an epi (which didn't work btw! ) in case something happened during the birth and they needed to do an emergency C. In the end it was for naught tho! When twin A was born with 20 minutes of pushing, Twin B decided he wanted no part of the trip and went and hid!!! Couldnt find a heartbeat or any sign of him at all! LOL, to this day he still loves to crawl under things and "hid"!

As the epi didnt work, my pedi was frantic! The anethesiologist was gone too! IT was chaos and very very very frightening!! After 14 minutes, he found B but wasnt sure if he had a foot or a hand; doc just gently pulled and my Baby B (Cole) was born feet first Luckily he was in good health and needed no intervention other than some oxygen for about 10 secs.

I also had to be induced with Pit - I was 38 weeks along and having PTL from 30weeks - around 34 weeks my health started to go down the tubes. No way was I getting a C if I could help it!! I was lucky in that the Pit had no negative effects and I was able to walk and pace and do everything "natural" until it came time to deliver. Course I was dragging around an IV and portable monitors for myself and the boys. Quite a site LOL By the time my water broke, they were able to stop the Pit as everything went pretty fast! I think I was on it for only 4 hours.

On the one hand, specifically in my situation - had everything worked with the Epi - it would have saved time when trying to deliver my Cole had they been able to do a quick C. I can honestly say that I believe going naturally with twins is probably not a good idea - just based on my experience! Of course you can always have the option to have an Epi on hand but then, precious time may be lost. Sometimes what seems good in theory may not be good in reality! I often get the hairyscaries when I think what could have happened had my doc not been able to find and "drag" out my baby!

Since then, I have done everything as natural as possible, with the exception of co-sleeping in the bed - they are beside the bed and are beginning to transition into their own room. I nursed them until about 3 weeks ago!!!
#8 of 8 Old 05-27-2004, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yes and - Thanks for the welcome

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page