Belly cast question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-24-2004, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry to post so many questions all of a sudden!!!

I am so excited to just have received a belly casting kit! Now I have a twin question:

I'd like to get as big a belly as possible with the cast, so 1) is there a point in the pregnancy when your belly is pretty much as big as it's going to get, like right before the babies "drop" into the pelvis? 2) If I go into labor earlier and miss my chance to cast, isn't it conceivable I could still quickly sit there and have it done before we go to the hospital? I remember early labor not being that uncomfortable, and I had to sit in the car for nearly an hour on the way to the hospital anyway...

Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 05-25-2004, 10:18 AM

I think I was about 36-weeks when I had my belly cast done and my stomach measured something like 48 cm's. I had my girls at 38w3d and measured 52 cm's. I too wanted to be big when I got it done but also didn't want to push it to where I would miss out on it. You could wait until labor begins and do it at home quickly...just make sure you have everything ready. Also, I don't think my girls every "dropped". I think with two you're so full of baby that they don't ever really drop. Another thought is that when I did mine I didn't do enough of the cast around my sides so the final cast doesn't truly show how big I was. Be sure to wrap enough of it around your sides so you get a good casting.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#3 of 3 Old 06-02-2004, 03:03 AM

Ditto to what Karen said... Hi Karen I never dropped and I wennt to 39 weeks 5 days. I did my bellycast at I think 37 weeks. There are pics under bellycast on our website..hughestwins.homestead.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page