Gift to older brother from the babies? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-05-2004, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son will be turning 6 when the twins are born. I would like some ideas on what a good gift/gifts would be for "the babies" to give him when he visits the hospital after the birth. (Home birth not an option for us this time...)

Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 06-05-2004, 04:28 PM

Do you want a gift just for him or a gift that they all will be able to enjoy eventually? I ask because we gave sam some wooden chunky puzzles from the babies and told them the babies wanted to give him the puzzles so that he could show them how play when they got to sitting up. We also gave him 2 identical blankets from the babies because the babies "would like him to snuggle and swaddle them in their special Sam blankets". He was overall pretty happy. I think he may have preferred some large wooden animals to complete his zoo though!
#3 of 3 Old 06-06-2004, 01:03 PM

My dd was 27-months-old when her twin sisters were born. It was a bit easier for me because we bought her twin baby dolls with a stroller that she could take care of also. Is your son into baby dolls? Maybe that would be an option for him. If he likes books then the Twins Magazine website (www.twinsmagazine.com) has great books written for little ones who are having twin siblings. You could also find him a cute shirt like the one my dd has. Her's says "I'm a TERRIFIC big sister to twins!!"

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page