Book recommendations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-16-2004, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a friend who is pregnant with twins following IVF. Do any of you have any good book recommendations for pregnancy with twins, childbirth, baby care, etc.? I have a copy of Mothering Multiples, but would love some recommendations for books to buy her!
#2 of 6 Old 06-16-2004, 11:10 AM

When you're expecting twins, triplets or quads by Dr. Barbara Luke I thought it would be too medical, etc, but it really wasn't, it was a great book. Also Having Twins by Elizabeth Noble - very good, crunchier book!
#3 of 6 Old 06-17-2004, 07:08 AM

Ditto on the Barbara Luke book...the multiples program we were in @ UW was modeled after her working program in her University. Good research...

we are pretty down to earth (crunch, crunch) and we were able to use more of it than we thought.

Maya
#4 of 6 Old 06-23-2004, 08:04 PM

You've already gotten her the best book, just give her a highlighter to go with it!!

Mothering Multiples was a WONDERFUL help for me. I read and highlighted it while on bedrest and I'm so glad I did. For me, it was essential to my success breastfeeding my twins.

My 2 cents!
Dana
Avery Hope & Natalie Raine 10/14/02

Dana, mom to Avery & Natalie 7 , Cole 4 , and Baby #4 on the way!
#5 of 6 Old 07-27-2004, 08:14 PM

When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads by Dr. Luke is the bible of multiple pregnancy. The Elizabeth Noble book is on lots of people's bookshelves. Mothering Multiples is a must for a twin mom, and she should read it during pregnancy, she won't have time once they get here!

In addition, have her check out Dr. Luke's and Karen Gromada's (Mothering Multiples' author) websites:
www.drbarbaraluke.com
www.karengromada.com

I highly recommend Dr. Luke's personalized nutrional and exercise program. I used it and found that it was worth ten times the price. FANTASTIC!
#6 of 6 Old 09-01-2004, 04:14 PM

Not to hijack, but how are these books in a mothering without pregnancy situation? We're adopting twins, and I'm wondering how much these focus on the pregnancy and breastfeeding aspects?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page