Did your older children predict twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2004, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you that had older children. My dd is almost 3. A while back she told me that her sister was with Jesus and it was almost time for her to be in my tummy. I told her soon, but not yet. So she turned around, went to my dh, and told him "I want my sister, BOTH of them." We just kinda laughed. Well, I got pregnant right around this time. When we told her there was a baby in my tummy she told us it was two sisters. We have been telling her that there is only one baby, so she hasn't been saying it as much. Until Monday, she asked where our twins are. And she said it again yesterday. I am 8 weeks, I can feel where the baby is already. I'm a big girl, with a BIG belly, I have never been able to feel the baby this early, even when I was smaller. Also, yesterday and today I have felt distinct movement. Kinda like a rolling, similar to when my ds would flip over. Is this all my imagination from what my dd is saying or is it possible?

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2004, 01:51 AM

Who knows? Time will tell.
My older dd begged for years for a sister and wished and wished for one. She finally got not one but two. But twins were quite a surprise to all of us.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:53 PM

Well my oldest girl (who just turned five today!) was telling people last summer that "my mommy's going to have THREE more babies - all girls". She kept telling that to people and I kept telling her I wasn't even pregnant. When I found out I was - I kept having to tell her "there is only ONE baby in there".

Well - I had bleeding at 6 weeks - very heavy bleeding and was positive I was mis-carrying. I went into the ER and they did an ultrasound and said I appeared to still be pregnant and just to rest and wait and see. The bleeding stopped in a couple days and I was still testing pregnant. We found out at an ultrasound at 18 weeks that I was carrying twins. The kids were in the room with us. We were shocked speechless - but my dd wailed "BUT there were supposed to be THREE in there!". The tech showed her both babies and that there were only 2 and that's the last we heard of "3 babies" and from that point we heard about her "twin baby sisters". But I do still wonder if I was initially pregnant with triplets. The babies were identical twin girls like she said.

single mama to 5 (12.5, 11, 10, and 8 year old twins)

Old 07-11-2004, 04:21 PM

My DD wanted "two babies" and after weeks of convincing her--2 days later an US for spotting/possible MC showed TWO BABIES!!

They are 7 now and she loves them, even though they turned out to be brothers...

Keep us posted.

User Tag List