Help with nursing twins - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-16-2002, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone nursing twins? My B/G twins are 11mos. Recently it has become difficult to nurse them together. They will play with each other, fight with each other or practice downward dog and gymnastics in my lap. It can be a circus. Nursing seperately would take up my whole day and my 4 year old would get none of my attention. Any one with a singleton have this problem? Any suggestions/comments?
#2 of 4 Old 08-17-2002, 12:14 PM

Not to sound stupid, but have you tried all the positions? For me, it worked best with one in the football hold and the other across my lap. Have you tried both in the football hold--maybe fewer limbs near each other to attack? Sometimes I would nurse one, then the other would want to nurse--it seemed like there was less jockeying then once both were latched on--no competition. Each one also had their own breast. That being said, I think I nursed them together for the first couple of months, and then not again until about ten months until now. So that was a lot of time nursing singly--and doing nothing else. I hear your concerns about your older child. Best of luck. You are doing a phenomenal job tkaing care of your kids--that is a tall order!
#3 of 4 Old 08-17-2002, 01:54 PM

I went back to nursing them separately at about 10 months. It did take more time but it also helped me to feel like I was getting some "one on one" time with each of my dd's.

It's challanging to nurse two busy babies plus take care of an older sibling! I don't have much advise just want to let you know that I understand!

~Jill
#4 of 4 Old 08-23-2002, 06:25 PM

did you try sitting on the floor with one straddling each leg?

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page