Photos from me nursing my twins - Mothering Forums
Parenting Multiples > Photos from me nursing my twins
CherylE's Avatar CherylE 01:21 AM 03-13-2005
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mama2miracles/sets/157054/

I hunted them down and put them online the other night. I'm feeling really sad because Maribeth weaned now too - so I'm done nursing as these are our last babies. It's amazing for how much time I spent nursing them - how few photos the I have of it. Though they did prefer to nurse seperately so I have way more photos of me nursing one. But take photos!

Same with slinging actualy - if dh was around or another grown-up - I would only have ONE baby. :LOL So I only have a few.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/acme7/6.../in/set-21235/

I really wanted to nurse them longer - but couldn't get past the biting. Megan nursed until 10 months, Maribeth until 13 months before they started biting ALL the time. Plus with Maribeth - megan was already having bottles or sippy cups - so she was very clear she wanted to switch. I think if it was just her - we could have got past it better than with Megan.

Nosy's Avatar Nosy 01:27 AM 03-13-2005
Wow, those are cool pictures. I normally don't come to this forum but saw it under "new posts" and clicked. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing!
iamama's Avatar iamama 01:30 AM 03-13-2005
Wow your talented! Thanks for sharing I've never seen twins nurse!
heldt123's Avatar heldt123 01:39 AM 03-13-2005
Thanks for sharing your neat pictures...always wondered how nursing twins was managed. Told my OB at last visit that I was glad there was only one hearbeat as I didn't want to tandem nurse. :LOL Just not that brave.

Oh my gosh! I have a lot of respect for you with all those kids and twins to top it off.... Way to go!
msrog's Avatar msrog 02:49 AM 03-13-2005
Great pictures!! Those are cute babies. Too bad there aren't pictures of them nursing and slinging as toddlers, eh? =O)

I still haven't gotten mine into slings at the same time yet. But I still have hope...
hotmamacita's Avatar hotmamacita 07:30 PM 03-13-2005
ah, I miss nursing my twins....

msrog---i used two maya pouches for my twins until they were about 7 months, then i switched to slings...one on each hip. keep trying different slings, methods until you find what works for you.
bamamom's Avatar bamamom 07:41 PM 03-13-2005
They are so cute!! We also had biting issues, and dd self weaned at 13 months, so maybe we can go longer the next time around. thanks for sharing!
Artisan's Avatar Artisan 07:47 PM 03-13-2005
Gorgeous pictures, mama!
julielenore's Avatar julielenore 11:43 AM 03-14-2005
That is wonderful, you are talented. My ds's necks were too wobbly to get them to nurse together, although when I was pg, I always said that that was how I was going to nurse them. So sad when a baby weans before mama is ready, it is a bit heartbreaking.
LoisLane's Avatar LoisLane 06:00 PM 03-15-2005
Thank you so much for posting these gorgeous photos! We are expecting twins in early July and the logistics of breastfeeding two at the same time does seem a little daunting (although that is what I plan to do... I figure it will just take time to figure it out!) Your photos are great inspiration!

----
Lisa -- mama to DS (born June 2002), wife to DH (married Sept. 1995) and expecting TWINS in July.
MmeganW's Avatar MmeganW 11:40 AM 03-16-2005
I'm really impressed. I have 4 week old twins that I'm nursing but not having a good time with it. You make it look easy.
CherylE's Avatar CherylE 02:11 AM 03-17-2005
My girls weren't even nursing well at all at 4 weeks even separately - they were preemies and still in the NICU. They couldn't nurse together until around 2 1/2 months
gotmilkmama's Avatar gotmilkmama 01:56 PM 03-17-2005
Cheryl those are beautiful pictures!! You've inspired me to take MORE pictures!! Well...have dh take more pictures. I love the few pictures I have of my girls nursing together. I should probably do more of them nursing separately too. Thanks for sharing!
Up