question for moms of twins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-29-2005, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This question isn't for me. I'm wondering how many diapers you would recommend for a mom of twin 10 month olds? I'm assuming she could get buy with less, since the loads will fill up faster...right?
TIA
#2 of 13 Old 04-29-2005, 05:05 PM

a minumum, if she washed every night, & had them try the next morning, would be 25, I'd say. I have twice that.
#3 of 13 Old 04-29-2005, 05:33 PM

I dunno, at 10mths my son was going through like 6-7 per day, but I would stick with a 20 min....just to have a buffer.
I use pockets though, and I hang dry everything pul, so I need a extra day's worth for my son.
I have like 30+ pockets now...eep!
#4 of 13 Old 04-29-2005, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and L
a minumum, if she washed every night, & had them try the next morning, would be 25, I'd say. I have twice that.
:

I have 4 dozen premium sized CPFs that were Bailey's that the boys are growing into... I'd say that's a nice number for doing a "normal" amount of laundry, if such a state exists in her world (it certainly doesn't in mine)
#5 of 13 Old 04-29-2005, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Mamas! I am so in awe of those of you with twins. I can baarely keep up with one.
I have one more question. If you use prefolds, do you just lay them in a wrap, or do you snappi? Also, do you think there's a best system for twins (I know there are a million possible answers to this, but would love to hear the reasons you prefer one system).
This mom wants to switch from sposies. I'm a PF lover, so I thought I'd recommend mostly PFs and then either some AIOs, pockets, or fitteds. I thought she would probably prefer to trifold, since snappi-ing takes longer. Would 36 PFs and 12 other dipes (pockets, AIOs, or fitteds) be a good stash?
TIA
#6 of 13 Old 04-29-2005, 06:00 PM

Moving this to the Multiples forum because I think you'll get more answers there than you know what to do with! :LOL

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#7 of 13 Old 04-29-2005, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmma
Moving this to the Multiples forum because I think you'll get more answers there than you know what to do with! :LOL
:LOL
Thanks!
#8 of 13 Old 04-29-2005, 07:32 PM

i think twenty diapers are good, they will last about a day or day and a half. I think the wonderoos are the best because they are trim and you don't have to worry about pants fitting over them. I also think wonderoos can be continually adjusted and they won't outgrow them.
#9 of 13 Old 04-30-2005, 04:55 AM

I have a varied stash of WAHM pockets for my girls (green acre designs, slinki minkis, snap-ez), and I love them.
#10 of 13 Old 05-05-2005, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.j
...I have one more question. If you use prefolds, do you just lay them in a wrap, or do you snappi?...
I always just laid the prefold in the cover. I have a couple of snappi's, but I haven't used them in ages. Only if I'm putting a wool soaker on over the prefold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.j
...thought she would probably prefer to trifold, since snappi-ing takes longer. Would 36 PFs and 12 other dipes (pockets, AIOs, or fitteds) be a good stash?
TIA
I think it would be a generous stash, but then again I wash every other day. My washer is old and can't handle too much more than that in a single load.

Right now my favorite system is flannel poo pockets with PUL covers. Trim, easy and quick. Also quick to wash and dry.
#11 of 13 Old 05-05-2005, 07:51 PM

I wash about every other day too. I have 12 AIO's that I use for trips out, bbsitters dp, etc. I also have 24 fitteds and some pfs for emergencies. I think if I could go back, I would have splurged and got mostly AIO's. I find that by the time I finally have the second twin wiped and changed and dressed, that I am almost sick of changing. : AIO's mean less steps and time saved.
My twins are 10 mnths too
#12 of 13 Old 05-08-2005, 07:15 PM

Just bumping this up since I just got a chance to reply. If a mom is switching from sposies, I highly recommend pockets. I did this switch just after a year and I love it! I did it gradually, buying package deals of six or twelve at a time. I now have 30 and wash about 12-15 every day. I found that the maximum load of 24 is too many diapers when you include inserts and wipes, and they just weren't getting clean.

So I recommend starting gradually and using one diapering system, whether it be pockets or PFs with covers or what have you. Then she can branch out and add other things later.

I have not found CDing twins to be any harder than sposie-ing them, by the way. I don't know why I thought it would be. Generates less trash, our electric and water bills are about the same, and it's only one load of laundry more a day - and no more Diaper Genies stinking up the place!

Love the fluff! Congrats to your friend on switching - she won't regret it!
#13 of 13 Old 05-08-2005, 07:53 PM

I'm behind the times, but when my twins were in diapers a decade ago (!has it been that long?!) I washed about three dozen every two other day or so. I didn't have a washer, so I washed them by hand, but I can't imagine it would be changed with a washer. At the time all I knew about was the Gerber prefolds and plastic pants from Wal-Mart so if she has a really good system I bet it would be different. I now have one in cloth diapers (the other one wears pullups half the time and underwear the other half--don't ask!) and wash every 2-3 days. Good luck to your friend--twins in diapers is no fun, no matter if you're washing or not! :LOL

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page