if you had a vaginal multiple birth... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Zus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My twins were born around 3-4 minutes apart. Twin A came out flying, head first. This was 2 minutes after they gave me the epidural. At first I didn't want the epi but my OB convinced me that it would be better (this all happenend during transition) because Twin B was transverse, and she'd have to perform a very painful and risky procedure, so I agreed.
So they gave me the epi and immediately afterwards, my first sweet girl was born. They were born at term (37 weeks) but she had IUGR and had the weight of a 34w baby. So she was being taken care of by a team of peds while I was birthing Twin B. Or I should rather say, while the OB was delivering Twin B. Right after the first birth, she put her hands up there (and the epi hand't started working yet!!!!) and grabbed the foot, turned her breech and delivered her feet first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2005, 01:23 AM

Mine were 6 minutes apart, and I was holding the first until my doula suggested it was time to let go to focus on pushing the other one out.

"We think we're gliding down the highway when in fact we're slip sliding away." Paul Simon
DD-7 & B-G twins, 5
Old 12-15-2005, 03:40 AM

Mindyleigh - I've seen your video & it is beautiful. I love it! I wish you had put a time stamp on it so I would've know how long the whole process took. I found out from your website. WOW!

My twins were 1 hr 15 mins (maybe 17mins) apart. I held & nursed baby A for a little while, but the midwives were doing nipple stim & I felt I couldn't concentrate, so off she went w/ daddy, then my mom & her older sister. Baby B did start to "fall" transverse, but that's why we had a 2nd midwife there - to hold her in place. In retrospect, if I had layed on the bed for a little while to nurse, maybe baby b would've come sooner, & I wonder if "holding" baby B kept her from coming out quicker, but its all okay. I love the looks I get when people ask how far apart they are, expecting to hear minutes & I tell them hours.

User Tag List