anyone with a learning tower? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-01-2005, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is the learning tower big enough for 2? It sounds great, but my house is very small... there's no way I can fit 2 in here!

Brooke: a glass~blowin' hand~drummin' tree~huggin' home~birthin' earth~lovin' goddess~mama of 3!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 09-01-2005, 05:52 PM

You can even fit three in it! I have one and it's the best thing I've ever bought. My skeptical husband even thinks so. My oldest ds is 5.5 and my twins are 3 and they all still fit in it. Worth every penny.
#3 of 9 Old 09-01-2005, 06:01 PM

best $ i've ever spent too! and my dd is only 18mo so i have lots more to look forward to with it.

and i have never put 2 in it but i would think it should be plenty of room.
#4 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 12:53 PM

Two kids definitely fit!

If you look at my webpage (link in sig) and click on the photo gallery, there's a photo of my twins sharing their tower at 12 months (making OJ).

Alas, we've had ours packed away for about a year now due to the fact that it was being used for less-than-helpful purposes (basically a way to climb up onto anything). But I'm thinking my guys may now be mature enough to give it another try. It was really wonderful from 12 months to 18 months.

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#5 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 01:02 PM

So, if your child has an incredible sense of balance anyway, is there any advantage over using a kitchen chair? Dd, at 1.5, is able to get on and off the chair so she's not stuck helping me chop veggies if she doesn't want to (actually, her favorite thing is eating the raw onions - strange, I know). It looks like it would be difficult for a toddler to get in and out of the learning tower on their own? It is great to know you can use it for more than one child - but what's the real advantage?
#6 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 01:14 PM

Herthelde - My thoughts are similar to yours. I was considering replying to this post with "I have one - it's called a kitchen chair,"

My toddler has used an old kitchen chair, with the back removed, to stand on at the kitchen counter for nearly a year now. She has never fallen off or had a mishap with it ... She holds the hand-mixer, dips flour out of the container and adds to the bowl, and mixes with a large wooden spoon while standing there. Oh, yeah, and she even hand-rolled truffles with us at Christmas time. We both enjoy it.
#7 of 9 Old 09-05-2005, 02:05 PM

My 4 & 2 year old use ours together. It's constantly used.

I wouldn't feel safe using kitchen chairs as my boys are very active. They have used the LT as a swinging & climbing toy forever. I think they started climbing in it as soon as they could toddle; about a year. I used to stand next to it and block the holes w/my hip.
#8 of 9 Old 09-06-2005, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

I've been in the kitchen with my nephew on a chair and that worked fine with him....but I think it would be more dangerous to have 2 kids on 1 chair. Maybe someone could use 2 chairs, but not in my little kitchen! And that seems like a disaster waiting to happen anyway. I've been told that they are still used by some older kids, too, as a puppet- theater/dollhouse/whatever... seems like a good investment.

Brooke: a glass~blowin' hand~drummin' tree~huggin' home~birthin' earth~lovin' goddess~mama of 3!
#9 of 9 Old 09-07-2005, 11:14 AM

Thanks! Yeah, the safety aspect with dd doesn't really bug me, because her balance sense is astounding for her age, but the idea of a climbing apparatus is intriguing. And I don't know that I would be able to fit two chairs side by side either. Hmmmm. Food for thought.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page