Toddler twin biting issue-help... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-08-2005, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am at my wits end with the oldest twin. For the last couple of months she has been on a biting frenzy with her twin who is currently covered in at least ten bite bruises. I have tried everything, and I mean everything that has been suggested to me by people who've had biting issues. I thought I would bring this to the twin board, hoping that other twins have had these issues and they've been resolved. They are 17 months old. She has only ever tried to bite one other child, one of my friend's twins when he took something she wanted, go figure. This is getting super old and my poor younger twin is bit up to pieces by her bullying sister. My oldest never bit so this is all very new to me and I'm very through with it. Thanks...
#2 of 3 Old 09-09-2005, 11:55 PM

Hi Kendall

We had the same thing with our kids although they were a bit older. Other than vigilence and time, I'm sorry to say nothing worked. I ended up keeping the 'biten' up on my hip while the biter was in her 'mood'.

It's hard and I'm sorry I don't have more helpful info. Like you we tried everything even to the point of giving the biten the permission to bite back which he never did. It was just part of their dynamic and their stages and it was exhausting.

The only good thing I can tell you is that it will end someday soon.
Karen

Blessed partner to a great guy, and mama to 4 amazing kids. Unfortunate target of an irrationally angry IRL stalker.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~ Buddha

#3 of 3 Old 09-10-2005, 12:43 AM

When my girls were that age, first one was the biter, then a few months later the other became a biter. It just took time for them to get it out of their system I guess. Then ds came along. He's almost out of the biting stage. When he bit his sisters I would tell them that they used to bite too and they couldn't believe it.

Hope it ends for you soon!

wave.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page