Super-Sized and Super Young Families - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 09-21-2005, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I wanted to start a thread for all mamas out there parenting supersized, superyoung families. I would love to hear what your biggest joys and biggest challenges are!

TripMom . . . . . loving mom : to DS (7) and BBG (4.5)
#2 of 35 Old 09-21-2005, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmm, what do you consider super-sized? :LOL In a few months I will have 3 kids all under 3. You have 4 under 4?

Blessed mama of four
::
#3 of 35 Old 09-22-2005, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymom
Hmm, what do you consider super-sized? :LOL In a few months I will have 3 kids all under 3. You have 4 under 4?
Sounds supersized to me!

Congrats! Are you excited? Nervous? or Both?

#4 of 35 Old 09-22-2005, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymom
You have 4 under 4?

I have 9 month BBG trips and a 3 year old. I should fix my signature to show the dates. I never would have chosen this many kids - especially so crammed together in age -- but I am lovin it! One of my favorite things is watching my older ds "entertain" the babies. The babes just started crawling - and he gets down on all fours and they follow him all over the kitchen in a little "baby train"! Its so cute!

#5 of 35 Old 09-22-2005, 04:21 AM

We would probably qualify:
5yodd
4yods
4yods--identicals
20mods
2mods

So....we have children, five and under. Our first three were born 13.5 months apart. We were pretty when they were tiny, but are really enjoying them now....and our newer models!

Sarah ~ Kinda Crunchy Mom to 11yodd , 10yods, 10yods (MZ twins), 7yods , 5yods , 3yods

#6 of 35 Old 09-22-2005, 10:23 AM

Well, I am a single momma of 4 kiddos. My oldest is 9, but my other three are 2 (almost three), and my twins are almost 11 mos old. My house is but I am really enjoying it!
#7 of 35 Old 09-22-2005, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks to the supersized mamas that have been posting. For those of you that have been doing it awhile - anything to share that will make us smile? Especially on those super-sized hard days!

#8 of 35 Old 09-22-2005, 03:58 PM

Hi supersized superyoung fams!! We had 3 kids before our 3rd yr anniversary. I got preg before our 1st yr anniv...son was born...and then 9 mos later got preg again...twin girls!!!! Needless to say I felt pretty fertile! :LOL My girls were born a bit before my ds turned 18 mos. So I had 3 under 1 1/2. Now my ds is 2 and the girls are 15 mos. So 3 under 3 now. I must say 3 under 3 is WAY easier than 3 under 1 1/2!!!!

Biggest challenge - NAPTIME and BEDTIME!!! Ds co-sleeps so needs to be in bed with me or me in bed with him. And dds need to nurse and rock to sleep in the glider in their room. It's hard to be in 2 places at once!!!

Biggest joy - Hmmmm there are lots of 'em. I really love and always have loved when I nurse the girls and ds joins in for cuddle time. Right now our fav position is me laying on back on floor. Each dd on each side of me nursing. And ds laying on his tummy on top of me with his head resting on my tummy. My body is pretty much covered with babes but I just love it!! I only wish an extra person was around to take a picture of us before my babies aren't babies anymore! When dh is home ds usually is getting daddy time and doesn't seem to "need" to lay on me while I nurse the girls.

I just had a little freak out the other day that I thought I may be preg AGAIN!! False alarm.
#9 of 35 Old 09-23-2005, 12:14 PM

4 girls in 40 months for us. Some days I don't know how we manage, but most of the time it's fun. I really like watching them all play together and hope they all stay close as they grow up.
#10 of 35 Old 09-23-2005, 12:17 PM

May '06 we will have a newborn,an 18 mo dd and a 30 mo dd......WHEW!!! Runny nose....be back with the challenges and joys! :LOL
#11 of 35 Old 09-24-2005, 10:32 PM

We had 4 kids in 5 years, but we didn't have our twins until our eldest was 3 so it didn't feel as intense as it might have.

My biggest challenge is getting them all going in the same direction at the same time - it's like herding cats somedays.

Joys - they are so amazing together, so close and watching them play, tickle, wrestle, make-believe or all cuddle on the couch touching while my eldest reads a story makes my heart melt.

Advice - lol -never book a morning appointment for anything. Invest in a big bed, get good answers for the 'you have your hands full' comments, and find someone who has more than you so it looks like your life is a breeze - lol. One of my best friends has identical triplet girls and a 4th daughter less than 3 years younger. At one point she had 4 kids under 3 all in diapers. When I think I have it tough I think of her.
oh - and motherwort - lots and lots of motherwort.

Karen

Blessed partner to a great guy, and mama to 4 amazing kids. Unfortunate target of an irrationally angry IRL stalker.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~ Buddha

#12 of 35 Old 09-25-2005, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenwith4
find someone who has more than you so it looks like your life is a breeze - lol.
We have an awesome mom in our triplet moms group -- she has triplets about the same age as mine, approx 8/9 months -- and 3 year old twins! 5 kidz -- 3 and under -- and she has managed to EBF the triplets this whole time! (I lonly lasted 4 months!) :

#13 of 35 Old 09-30-2005, 05:21 AM

We had 5 kids in just over 4 years - our older children were 2, 3, and 4 when we had our twins. Now I have a 6, 5, 3 (almost 4 year old) and my almost 20 month old twins.

My 3 year old FINALLY potty trained so now I only have 2 in diapers! I've had 3 in diapers twice. (for a while there 4 at night).

I agree - find someone with it "harder" and it'll seem better! Already some of you are making me feel like we have it easy.

single mama to 5 (12.5, 11, 10, and 8 year old twins)

#14 of 35 Old 09-30-2005, 05:17 PM

Well, in January I will have 3 under 3. Oddly enough, I'm not too worried about how we will manage. Everyone IRL seems to think I'm crazy, though!
#15 of 35 Old 09-30-2005, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

It just occurred to me that the babes will be 1 year in less than 3 months -- and that means NO MORE BOTTLES - yeah! Yeah, because that means no more WASHING BOTTLES FOR ME!

Diapers don't bother me -- but washing and making bottles relentlessly for 3 babes - well, I'm ready to crack from it! Its the task that won't end. Every once in a while I have a moment where all 4 are down for a nap, the house is picked up, the laundry is done, I glance around thinking I can actually "SIT"?? And then I see a huge tupperware bucket full of dirty bottles to wash and make! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

#16 of 35 Old 10-03-2005, 01:21 AM

I have what society would call a supersized and young family. I am 26 and I have four kids ages 8,8,5, and 22 months. I would love to have more but my body fails babies so I have to be done procreating .

I love being a young mom I find I play with my kids more then older couples I know. I get tired and I feel older then my years at times but all in all I love my life. My children have made me realize how much in life we take on that we shouldn't. I have relaxed alot out of necessity. Having many kids close in age I find there is competition between them but I find they also get along very well on the flip side. They are learning so much from having chores, having to sharing, and needing compassion for their siblings. I can't imagine having just one child, mind you I started with two

I love the idea of finding others with more kids. We met a couple in their early 20's with 7 and their eldest is only 9, I feel so relaxed now.
#17 of 35 Old 10-03-2005, 09:47 PM

we have 6 yr old identical girls, 3 yr old frats (a boy and girl), 2 yr old girl, 10 mo. old boy and expecting again... is that supersized enough? as for young i am freshly 30 (sigh..never thought i 'd get here) and dh is 27.
#18 of 35 Old 10-03-2005, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

I give you SEVEN bows for your soon to be super-sized Seven (Did I count right)!

Would love to know how you came to be "super-sized"? I mean did you always know you wanted a large family - or did it just work out that way?

As for me - I wanted 2 kids only -- but triplets on my second try changed all that. Now we are PSYCHED to BE SUPER!

#19 of 35 Old 10-03-2005, 11:05 PM

thank you,thank you..lol
yep at this moment we are going to be 7..i will be finding out for sure that there is only one in there tomorrow *crosses fingers*. *whispers*i have a feeling that it is isn't just one...don't tell my hubby but i have been having dreams about it. the other night i thought,out of the blue, "i should pee now, if i don't these babies will keep waking me up to potty"...same thing happened with my other multi's

as for if we always wanted a big family...weeeelllll... we wanted 4 children originaly during our very first discussions about having children. after we had Rose and Ivy-Jane we said "lets just keep going til it feels like we're done" and so far we aren't done! i would love to have an even number when we are finished...we shall see!
#20 of 35 Old 10-03-2005, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mama 2 many -

Keep us posted on your multiples/no multiples situation -- and if it turns out there are 3 in there - lemme know! That means you'd need 10 to end up on an "even number"!

#21 of 35 Old 10-03-2005, 11:21 PM

y'all will be the first to know whats going on in there, I promise!
#22 of 35 Old 10-12-2005, 01:14 AM

I had 3 children 2 and under back in the day. I survived it and now my oldest is 9 and my twins are 7. I have a new guy too, he's almost 18 months. It was definitely hard for the first couple of years but now it's great having twins and closely spaced children. My poor baby is going to be lonely, although he loves hanging out with his brothers and they love him too.
#23 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 03:04 AM

Its a long late night here... sleep deprived mommy...

here goes
10*05 i had dd ....last spring we adopted my neice and nephew who were 8/10 at the time... so we went from that brought my total from 2 to 5 now i just had trips so its now 8.... 1 yr ago i had 2 now i have 8... im still :
here is the layout
ds 11
dd 8
ds 5
dd 3
dd 10 mos
dd dd ds 3 wks...

im 32 dh is 33... things are crazy hectic and total chaos these days...

we still didnt get a vehicle we all fit in... i have a honda odyssey and dh has a sedan... we havent been anywhere all together yet.. i see a full size van in our future... i have six in carseats....2 in highchairs... 4 in diapers during the day 5 at night... 4 on bottles 1 on sippy cups...

laundry is continual as are dishes... NO WE ARE NOT getting a pet...

next week im headed out to do some major returning of baby presents and get some stuff situated... im pretty mainstream now... 5 yrs ago i was crunchy... now im all about convenience ;(

dd8 has some emotional issues and along w. ds 11 have multipule therapy appointments... dd 8 loves to iceskate ds 11 is in a chess club...

i homeschool... we just moved literally weeks before the babies arrived... this house is wonderful 2 washer/dryer sets.. one 3 level dishwasher... this home was a custom build for someone who was unable to finance the purchase so we got it for a steal and sold our other home in record time...

i so want one of those little kid daycare tables with the seats in them DH thinks im crazy...i probably am... im at home with EIGHT KIDS....

i love kids... i always wanted a huge family... dh thinks we should have more as ive only been pgnt 4 times... LOL... the baby making factory is closed... i will not have any more siblings w/in 9 mos of eachother.. there is nothing like going for your 6 week check up and hearing... YER PGNT AGAIN...

id love to PM or discussion with some of your mama's on your logistics and such... crunchy or mainstream....
#24 of 35 Old 07-24-2006, 07:31 PM

*tipping my hat to you, momma*

I thought my house was crazy. I hate it when people say it to me, but I can't even imagine how shell shocked you must be now.

My oldest dd was 5.5 when the twins were born and bumped us up to 4 kids. They were born one week before she went to K. I've spent the past year getting my feet back underneath me and now I'm still trying to juggle. Its getting harder as the babies get bigger.

I wanted 3 babies. I was really stuck on that number, I figured three would be perfect. Apparently God had other plans for me, lol. He must have wanted me to have 4 because if I hadn't had twins there is no way I would have gone for another one. I am SO DONE having babies. I hated being pregnant, really. I spent the whole time being miserably uncomfortable and worrying constantly. But I'm so happy with my babies. Crazy and stressed out sometimes, but happy.
#25 of 35 Old 07-25-2006, 12:00 AM

In February I'll have 3 under 3- actually, a newly-turned-two-year-old and newborns. YIKES! I'm 20 and DH is 22 I think I fit the bill!

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
#26 of 35 Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 PM

NAK-only have one hand, but I think I qualify. I had 4 kids in 37 months. Life is totally nuts but I am loving it. : Will type more later.....

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

#27 of 35 Old 07-25-2006, 03:52 PM

I had three under two. I now have a 23 month old, and two 3.5 yr olds.
#28 of 35 Old 07-30-2006, 01:12 AM

I have 3.5yo MZ boys, and a 1.5yo girl. It's much better than it was a year ago!

We would like more kids, but I need SOMEONE to tell me I'll survive having 4 kids. :
#29 of 35 Old 07-30-2006, 06:19 AM

We had three under 1.5 for a month, and 3 under 2 for a while. Now 3 under 3 seems easy. Am I crazy for wanting to go for 4 under 4???? I am getting serious TTC jealousy..... but dh is not ready.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#30 of 35 Old 08-03-2006, 03:02 PM

nak...we had 5 under 5 for a month. Now we have...dd 5, ds 3 1/2, ds 2, dd 3 mo, dd 3 mo. :-) I would LOVE to find someone with more than me! ...or even as many. It does seem like that would help! lol I am starting homeschool with my 5 year old this year. She loves learning, so I am not too worried. When my 3 yr old is ready...now that may be another story!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page