Chin locking during twin birth?? X-POST - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-24-2005, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chin locking during twin birth???

Ive been set on a hospital vaginal delivery for the twins birth. My OB says as long as baby A isnt transverse we can try vaginal. Meaning even if Baby A is breech he will let me try a vag delivery, instead of just scheduling a c/sec.

A board I belong to for multiples keeps telling me I am risking my babies lives, and should just get a c/sec if Baby A is breech because A and B could lock chins during the birth and wont come out.

Now while I have heard of this happening once with MOMO twins (same sac), I have never heard of it with twins in seperate sacs, nor can I find any info regarding this anywhere online.

Anyone know anything regarding this???? Sites, links, thoughts, experiences??????
#2 of 3 Old 09-24-2005, 05:32 PM

I would be interested in hearing any info as well. My dr also says he will do a vaginal birth even if Baby A is breech.

Blessed mama of four
::
#3 of 3 Old 09-24-2005, 06:08 PM

card. I mean, if they have actual information from scientific studies, bring it on. But if they're just fear-mongering and justifying their own decision to have a scheduled c-section for a breech Baby A, I'm not interested. I like to make my medical decisions based on the best information available, not the worst scary stories people can make up, y'know?

That said, if you do find any information on this, I'd be interested. I meet with my peri on Monday and I'll ask about it. My Baby A has been vertex since about 22 weeks, so we haven't talked much about what we'll do if she turns transverse or breech. We've been talking more about what to do with my stubborn Baby B, who's been transverse the whole darn time, stinker.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page