which sling did you like for your wee ones? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-29-2005, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sister has two week old twin boys, just under seven lbs each now. My mom is practically living there helping out and she really wants to find a carrier she could use with them (one in particular needs to be held for long stretches of time).

I love my Maya wrap, but my son was bigger than the twins when I started using it, and it just seems like so much fabric for a little one. Did any of you use a sling from early on? Which one do you like?

Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 09-30-2005, 01:22 AM

i did 2 maya pouches when they were young. one in front and one in back.
#3 of 6 Old 09-30-2005, 10:18 AM

There's a multiples forum at thebabywearer.com that can give you lots of feedback

When mine were tiny I liked the fleece pouch the best. If she can get past the learning curve (I couldn't when mine were tiny) a stretchy wrap would also be a great option (mamatoto.org has instructions for carrying 2 in a wrap/wraps). I rarely wore both of mine in a sling until they were old enough for a hip carry, I'd wear one in the fleece pouch (they liked the budah position, sitting cross legged facing out, best) & carry the other in arms.
#4 of 6 Old 09-30-2005, 11:05 AM

I purchased it from slingsandmore.com. It's a double sling made especially for carrying two babies. I would put it on so it crossed in front of me with the ring in the back. Each baby had a hammock sort of, in the front.

This worked when they were teeny-tiny, but not so much now. However, I think it's going to work great again once they both have good neck control and I can hip-carry them. I also use it for carrying one around.

It's my first time using a sling, so I don't knwo if it's the best, but I do know that I like mine.

hth,
Nancy
#5 of 6 Old 09-30-2005, 04:26 PM

I put them both in a regular sling until they were about 13 lbs each. You need to be very careful with this one!! Make sure you are standing next to the bed, couch or the front seat of the car, expecially when taking them out.

Now I have a double sling, but I am having troubles making it work the way I want it to. It is a twin sling, etc. I think once I get it figured out, it will work really well.

For now, I put one in the swing or stroller and one in the sling and it works pretty good.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#6 of 6 Old 10-04-2005, 04:00 AM

We used a maximom carrier when they were tiny, but moved onto two Rosados & also two bjorns (dh liked this as they got older)

there's pics on their website, linked in my sig

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page