How late did your babies turn?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 10-01-2005, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you know, can you tell me?

Mine are both laying transverse with thier heads to the right of my belly button. My OB said that most twins dont turn after 30 weeks because of crowding issues.
#2 of 19 Old 10-01-2005, 10:56 AM

First of all...CONGRATULATIONS on your twin pregnancy!! My girls will be 3 in December and it seems like only yesterday that they were still snuggled up inside of me.

My Baby A was always head down and Baby B either transverse or breech. She never turned head down on her own so after I had Baby A the OB turned B and I was able to push her out. I do have a good friend who had twin boys last May. One of her's was breech so she went to a chiropractor who helped get him to turn. She was late into her pregnancy...37'ish weeks. It is called the "Webster Technique" and you can read more here: http://www.icpa4kids.com/webster_technique.htm.

Good luck on getting that little guy to turn!!!

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#3 of 19 Old 10-01-2005, 03:32 PM

Mine turned well after 30 weeks. At 36 weeks and again at 38. I carried them to 40.

Get in the water mama. And look into a chiropractic technique called the Webster Technique. Also talk with your babies. Tell them you want them to move around and turn head down.
#4 of 19 Old 10-01-2005, 06:18 PM

How do you know which one is Baby A and which one is Baby B? Baby on the left is head down and baby on the right is breech. My dr. seems to think that the vertex baby will stay that way and that there is a chance breech baby will move. How does he know that?

Blessed mama of four
::
#5 of 19 Old 10-01-2005, 06:31 PM

Baby A is usually the one closest to your cervix during the first ultrasound, and then they try to keep them the same. However, how can they be really sure?

Mine were solidly head down at 30 weeks and then the baby in front STARTED doing cartwheels. Seriously, he did several complete flips and was finally vertex with his head lower than his body. Unfortunately they were born by c-section because baby A didn't move down.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#6 of 19 Old 10-02-2005, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Baby A is typically the baby whos placenta is closest to the cervix. In a case of momo twins its usually the twin closest to the cervix. In my case its the baby whos placenta is closest.
#7 of 19 Old 10-02-2005, 06:49 PM

I understand the very real need for a c-birth for transverse babies taht will not move and who do not respond to a manual version.

But has your care provider expressed his/her attitudes about frank breech?
#8 of 19 Old 10-02-2005, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

He said I can try and deliver A if A is breech, but there will be a point where he will say enough is enough, like if I dont dilate or if the baby doesnt come down after I dilate. He understands my needs and wants as far as a vaginal birth goes.
#9 of 19 Old 10-03-2005, 10:55 AM

They didn't. :LOL
Both of my babies were transverse from about 24 weeks on. (They were born at 34 weeks.) I ended up with a c-section b/c my babies wouldn't move. I would definitely recommend following some of the advice of the previous posters to try and get your babies to move. I didn't know of any of those methods, and I wish I would've.
I hope and pray with you that your babies move into position for a vaginal birth!
Blessings for the remainder of your pregnancy!
#10 of 19 Old 10-03-2005, 03:50 PM

Well, lets say Baby A IS breech. My A was a frank breech. Took a VERY long time for that baby to come down and a LOT OF HARD pushing, but she finally did. Can you ask your doctor if he is fine with your continuing to push as long as the baby's hearttones are fine.

Talk with him know about what you want but also his comfort level, okay. He sounds like a good man who honors women. I like that.
#11 of 19 Old 10-03-2005, 03:58 PM

They were both head down after like 24 weeks.

Second set, baby B was breech one week and head down the next, and then back again. At my 37 week appt, she was back to being breech again, and then when I went into labor 3 days later, she was head down. Each time she was breech, my dr would go into the whole, "your risk for a c-section is at 50%" blah, blah blah and how it was unlikey she would turn. Which blew me away.. because she kept turning!!!!

I went to the chiro and he applied accupuncture to my baby-toes. Not sure if that is the Webster technique or not.

Good luck! It can happen- and even if your baby b doesn't turn, breech deliveries are totally possible as well.

hth,
nancy

mama to Emily and Nathan 7/14/01
and Colby and Avery 6/25/05
#12 of 19 Old 10-03-2005, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmamacita
Well, lets say Baby A IS breech. My A was a frank breech. Took a VERY long time for that baby to come down and a LOT OF HARD pushing, but she finally did. Can you ask your doctor if he is fine with your continuing to push as long as the baby's hearttones are fine.

Talk with him know about what you want but also his comfort level, okay. He sounds like a good man who honors women. I like that.
I have another appointment in 3 weeks,and I will discuss it more with him then. So that way I can finish my birth plan. Hes a pretty cool Dr and has really listened to me over the past 2 years.
#13 of 19 Old 10-03-2005, 09:10 PM

my first set turned head down at 37 weeks and stayed put...my second set baby B was frank breech and delivered that way. they can turn quite late in a pregnancy. dont start worrying yet, theres plenty of time!
#14 of 19 Old 10-04-2005, 04:09 AM

#15 of 19 Old 10-04-2005, 03:36 PM

For me, baby B was breech up until baby A was out. He did turn once, at about 34 weeks (very uncomfortable! LOL), but then had turned back by week 36, when they were born.
#16 of 19 Old 10-05-2005, 12:07 AM

I know (online) someone who went into labor at full term, did a sono, 2 head down babies, then baby A came out - breech, and baby B came out breech.

So I guess for her, 40 weeks
#17 of 19 Old 10-05-2005, 05:45 PM

Mandy was tranverse at 32 weeks, breech at 34 weeks when I delivered. I can't imagine those babies moving later, I thought my uterus was going to split open when she made that turn.
#18 of 19 Old 10-06-2005, 05:04 PM

mine didn't budge after 28 weeks.
#19 of 19 Old 10-07-2005, 04:34 AM

Ours never did turn head down - then went from both breech to both transverse. In the end it didn't matter because I had an emergency C-section at 32 weeks - twin b was losing heartrate pretty quickly. But they got them out in time.

single mama to 5 (12.5, 11, 10, and 8 year old twins)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page