new mama of twins needs help - what can I do??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-04-2005, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend of mine just had twin boys. She already has a 6-yo ds and a 2-yo dd, so needless to say she is pretty overwhelmed right now. (It was a surprise pregnancy...and twins to boot). I do not live near her (across the country) so I cannot do the things I would like to do to help - take her kids for the day, bring her meals, help out at bedtime, etc.

So I am looking for some ideas for helpful gifts from afar, or advice from other moms who have btdt.

Does anyone know of an online/mailorder source for meals to have sent to her? That was my first idea of something that would be truly helpful.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
#2 of 6 Old 10-04-2005, 08:33 PM

house cleaning or in home child care services are my favorite gifts to new moms! having someone take care of the house or the older children will give her the break she needs. just a small suggestion. i'm sure the other mamas here will have great ideas as well!
#3 of 6 Old 10-04-2005, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
:

I totally agree. Gift certs to a local cleaning service or some post-partum doulas in her area would be

Someone sent me "Omaha Steaks" - obviously not for the veggies among us -- but they basically send frozen meals of all sorts - really good -- easy/quick to prep too!

TripMom . . . . . loving mom : to DS (7) and BBG (4.5)
#4 of 6 Old 10-05-2005, 10:33 AM

Wow...that sounds sooooo much like my situation was. When my twins were born, I had an 8yo dd and my ds wasn't even 2 yet (he turned 2 the next month). My pregnancy was a surprise as well, and I couldn't believe it when I found out there were two babies.
I really like the other ideas on here. Get on the internet and find a cleaning service that is local to your friend, and pay for some house cleaning for her. And/or call some of her favorite take out places and arrange to pay for her and her family to order out a couple of times.
My best friend lives several states away from me, and I always just enjoyed hearing her voice as well. She would call just to check on me, and she would listen while I went on and on about how tired and frustrated and scared and totally in love with my kiddos I was. Just be a good friend to her...that goes a long way too!
Blessings.
#5 of 6 Old 10-06-2005, 02:18 PM

Yup those are all good ideas, postpartum doula, cleaning. We have a place here called Super Suppers that is awesome for meal prep. http://www.supersuppers.com/
#6 of 6 Old 10-06-2005, 05:02 PM

I second all these awesome ideas. cleaning service, laundry service, cooking service, a helper for a few hours a day every couple of days, she needs all kinds of help, anything you offer (and follow through on) will, no doubt, be appreciated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page