I know exactly how excited -- and terrified -- you must be! I'll take a stab at your prelim list o' qs
1. Twins v. Trips. Pretty diff. A couple basic differences -- Lots of twins pgs go full term and are natural. The most I've heard trips carried is 35 weeks - and never heard of a natural delivery. Don't be scared though - my babes came at 34, no NICU and home w/momma in 5 days.
2. Books. Found them lacking. But many will tell you about Dr. Barbara Luke's book on PG dieting. Its a must. The diet is insane (HUGE AMOUNTS OF FOOD) - but good goal to try and get that weight gained and gained early (you'll learn more about front-loading weight gain as you go).
3. BF, even EBF is doable. I know many that do it for a good portion of the 1st year (TBH - I don't know many BF'ing beyond though). Most EBM for some portion of the day - but know lots of trip babes that never got formula - most got bottles of EBM, but no formula. BTW -- EBF'ing or Exclusing BF and EBM triplets will make you as skinny as you were in high school (even if you've struggled with weight most of your life) -- all this while having to "gorge" yourself just to keep up.
4. Slings. Can't sling 3 at a time (am I wrong?) - but can do 2. And can rotate.
5. Co-sleeping. Plenty of co-sleeping twins families. Trips is a little different b/c you are outnumbered. Lots of people - including us - "rotate". In our house this means everyone starts in their own bed - when someone wakes and wants to co-sleep we bring 'em in - if someone else wake, we swap 'em out. Never more than 1 in the bed at a time. That's just us.
6. Diapers -- From the time you take 'em home, plan on changing each baby 8 to 10 times per day = 24 to 30 diapers a day!
Some more stuff to know early . . .
Two organizations you should get in touch with -- M.O.S.T. is Mothers of Super Twins and Triplet Connection. They have a wealth of info and resources - and chat boards where you can post questions. Your gonna have LOTS of questions about stuff you never heard about before (cerclages? and Mag Sulfate? and, I don't know - crazy stuff) -- here and on those boards, none of your Qs will be new -- you'll find the answer!
Feel free to PM me any time! I think i am one of the only Triplet mommas on these boards? Mine will be a year in December - so all this stuff is FRESH in my mind! Also -- I see you are in LA -- I have a triplet momma friend in LA too, who emails alot - would be happy to connect you.