Howdy :-) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2005, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't been to MDC in ages and actually never realized that the AP multiples board was this hopping lol. So I hope you don't mind me joining you, and forgive my lack of siggy, I'll work on it when it's not 4 am .

I'm Christine, SAHM (OK, I just got a tiny p/t job for when DH is home) to my twin kidlets Daniel and Abigail who turned 3 in June. I had a very medically managed birth and wish badly that things had been different. For many reasons - bedrest for 11 weeks, severe edema, urgent, traumatic C-section and very very long recovery, short NICU stay, prior breast surgery to remove a fibroadenoma, bad latches, impatient baby, immature sucking, and total lack of help -I was unable to exclusively bf as I had so desperately wanted. I pumped for 4 months and was able to give them 15-25% bm but that was it. When my supply hit only an ounce or two a day and my PPD was in full swing I stopped pumping and trying to get them to nurse, and it was the best decision I could have made at the time. There are a lot of "if only's" before that, but at that time there was no choice.

But we coslept most of the time, although dd preferred her own space (as long as I got my butt there asap when she woke lol) - ds demanded to cosleep from Day 1 and we obediently complied. Because of very long C-section recovery (think 1.5years+) slings were never comfortable so I had very tired arms! We never did CIO, although there were times at the height of my PPD that I had to walk away from dd for a few minutes for her own safety .

DD also has some medical issues and started Early Intervention at 12 months, she'd been physically delayed but has no cognitive delays and is still in therapy, doing very very well.

We are ttc again after 3 very very early miscarriages or "chemical" pg's - none were ever confirmed by u/s though. But I had positive hpt's and was late. I go to the RE this week to see what's going on. I am nervous about twins but not terrified like I was the first 2.5 years lol. We had only done one round of Clomid/IUI to conceive dd/ds.

I am married to Hugo, a great guy and a fantastic dad.

Thanks for letting me hang out with ya'll!

Christine, mama to Daniel & Abby, 9 and Patrick, 4. Wife to a rockin' train engineer. Gluten and nightshade-free. Multiple kiddie food sensitivities.

User Tag List