how many people here had their twins early? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I have 60 replies to my who went to term with their multiples post. What about us moms who didn't get there. How many of us are there?

My first set of twins went to 20 wks my two little boys died before birth due to an abruption.

I worked hard forcing myself to eat some protein even though I was vegatarien at that time. I was working two jobs and going to night school but I made it to 29 wks with my second set. I was proud at the time even though now I am humbled seeing all the 37 to 40 wks twins here.

so who's with me in the preemie world ?
#2 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 02:36 AM

My heart goes out to you for the loss of your first two boys .One of the moms on my "mainstream" multiples board lost her two boys at 19 weeks due to an incompetent cervix. When she became pg again with twins she had a cervical cerclage but still delivered at 26 weeks. they are doing beautifully but it was the classic "roller coaster" ride in the NICU.

My guys made it to 37.3 weeks, but my dd was several weeks behind developmentally. On the prematurity scale she was 34-35 weeks.

Christine, mama to Daniel & Abby, 9 and Patrick, 4. Wife to a rockin' train engineer. Gluten and nightshade-free. Multiple kiddie food sensitivities.

#3 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 01:06 PM

I went into early labor and my cervix started dilating when I was 28 weeks along with my twins. I was put on bedrest and medications to keep me pregnant. I eventually ended up in the hospital on a magnesium drip and then on terbutaline. I lasted six weeks after I initially went into labor, and my twins delivered early at 34 weeks. They spent about 2 weeks in the NICU before they came home. My pregnancy with them was a complete roller coaster ride. If you want, you can read all about it over in the Mother's Writing Group forum. It's under the heading "The Birth Story."
Blessings.
#4 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 01:24 PM

Mine were 32 weekers.
#5 of 11 Old 11-17-2005, 11:45 AM

Mine also where 32 weekers. And they spent 3weeks in the NICU.
#6 of 11 Old 11-18-2005, 10:34 AM

35 weeks and 5 days in NICU
#7 of 11 Old 11-18-2005, 05:31 PM

34 weeks and 4 days.

I had my first PTL scare at 23 weeks. So I was on bedrest for 11 long weeks. But my little guys were pretty good size and healthy considering how early they were. Sam weighed 5 lbs 3 oz and Jack was 4 lbs 7 oz. Sam was in the NICU 4 days, Jack 13 days.
#8 of 11 Old 11-19-2005, 10:32 PM

Mine came at 36 weeks to the day. Although based on development they were not 36 weekers. Noah was 6 lbs 4 oz. and spent 14 days in the Nicu born with immature lungs and no ability to suck. Zachary was 5 lbs 14 oz and left the hospital with me weighing 4 lbs 8 oz. Zachary took 2 days to learn to suck. Zachary's lungs were mature but at 4 weeks old he came down with RSV and spent 2 weeks in the hospital and almost 6 more months at home recovering from the rsv.
#9 of 11 Old 11-19-2005, 11:30 PM

29 weeks

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#10 of 11 Old 11-20-2005, 03:02 PM

35 weeks exactly after 6 weeks hospital bedrest for ptl, short cervix, and 4cm dilated. 6 weeks home bedrest before that.

Went into labor on my b-day and they were born next day at 5pds 4oz and 5pds 12 oz. 1 day of NICU for one girl to watch breathing.
#11 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 12:53 AM

My twins were born at 34w,6d. They were 5lb,8oz and 5lb,5oz and both spent 7 days in NICU.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page