Carpooling with twins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have been car pooling with twins this year to dd's preschool. What I find is that there is always an argument (between the twins) over who gets to sit where and we're always dealing with the trouble of three. What are some things I can do as the mom of the singleton to ease the intensity of the trip?

Here's what I've done so far. I have assigned seats. I have given the "choice" seat to the one who complains the least. I have rotated seating so everyone gets a chance to sit in each carseat.

As far as the three thing. I know that has to be hard. What are some things you have tried to make that work?
#2 of 3 Old 11-29-2005, 01:11 AM

I'd probably assign seats, that eliminates fights. We've never had an issue with the windows though since we have a van an everyone could have a window. If the window thing is an issue then I'd rotate.
#3 of 3 Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 AM

My twins (now 2) are doing this too.

In order to maintain your sanity, I suggest assigning seats and sticking to it. You could make it fun for them by making name tags for their seats with stickers or something that they could see on their seat every morning.

You could also aske their caregiver what he or she suggests.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page