Favorite Twin Nursing Pillow? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-17-2006, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Which nursing pillow did you LOVE??

So far I've heard the most praise for the EZ-2-Nurse. Advice anyone?

Thanks!

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 11:08 AM

Yes, the one from www.doubleblessings.com is the one to get. Make sure to get the FOAM version, not the inflatable one (the inflatable one is pretty horrible). I recommend getting an extra cover too, so that you can still use the pillow when the cover is in the wash (they get pretty messy, what with all the spit-up and spraying boobs, etc.). I've tried a few other brands, and none of them even came close to working well.

Are you pregnant with twins?

Good luck, if you are!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:24 PM

I didn't use pillows. I did get one, but never used it. I am short and have very large breasts, so I didn't need much help to reach the babies (a small blanket rolled up worked fine.)

Also, I didn't nurse them much together until they were about 4 months old and were too big for a pillow.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:32 PM

I got an EZ2Nurse used on ebay (it was spotless - like brand new) and LOVED it.

The lumbar part that came with it was useless, but I liked that it was flat, spacious, and it had a belt. I didn't always use the belt, but it was great while I was nursing at the table and eating dinner, or needed two hands free, etc., b/c it guaranteed the pillow wouldn't shift around and roll a baby off.

In the beginning I could nurse both babies and have a plate of food in between their heads; it was awesome.

I used it from the day they were born till about 4 months all the time. I still used it till about 6 months, but not as much.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:36 PM

a friend of mine has a pillow like that. she loves it, and she has been able to double nurse them since they were about 5 lbs(ish) using it.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:29 PM

Personally, I just used what was around. But the other pillow designed for nursing two at once is the Anna Pillow, which I know LLLI sells via their catalog. There's a photo under the catalog section of their web site -- I think under BF Accessories (but I won't swear to it): www.lalecheleage.org/

Most MOT I'm in contact with prefer either the EZ2Nurse/Double Blessings pillow or the Anna. BTW, if the slanted side of the EZ2Nurse brings babies in too much, flip it over and use the flat bottom side...

KKG
Old 01-18-2006, 09:25 PM

I have the EZ 2 Nurse but at times it almost seems too big. I can't get it to fit snug enough against me because the sides are so long they hit the back of the couch. But I still use it on a daily basis and with several blankets to fill in the holes and prop up heads I can tandem nurse hands-free and still have room to put my laptop on my lap.

Blessed mama of four
::
Old 01-19-2006, 08:29 PM

I loved my pillow from DoubleBlessings.com!!! Nancymom, use the inside piece against the couch, & lean against that - it will make the sides fit MUCH better! When my twins were just born (6'3" each) I used the KozyKushin (www.kidkozy.com) a lot.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!!

I'm not pregnant with twins, but I have a friend who is and I'd like to get her a nursing pillow as my gift. I also wanted to get her Mothering Multiples, but the new version doesn't seem to be out yet. Fortunately for me, it looks like our library has the last edition so she can start by reading that.

Thanks again!

Laura

User Tag List