**Pregnant With Multiples Thread** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 03-19-2006, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oops double post-

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

#62 of 68 Old 03-19-2006, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ilovelife and lex!

ilovelife-I am afraid of what my belly will look like too. I didn't have stretch marks with my singles, but am afraid I will get them this time.

lex-can't wait to see if your intuition is right-I bet it is. I didn't find out about my twins until 18 weeks but 'knew' the whole time. Noone really believed me though until the sono .

One of my concerns with twins is night nursing/co-sleeping. I BF my first two and co-slept with them as infants, so I have that experience, but how do you do it with two? One on each side of both on one side and just switch them back and forth?

#63 of 68 Old 03-19-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmom
One of my concerns with twins is night nursing/co-sleeping. I BF my first two and co-slept with them as infants, so I have that experience, but how do you do it with two? One on each side of both on one side and just switch them back and forth?
For the first two months, we would wake up the sleeping baby whenever one of them woke up, and then I would sit up and tandem nurse using the nursing pillow. It was not fun, and I hurt my neck several times from falling asleep in that position, but it made sense since I couldn't nurse them lying down yet (I think because my breasts were soooo big?), and since you need to change so many diapers in the night in the beginning and can't really sleep through the nursing regardless. Around 8 weeks, I could finally nurse them lying down, so at that point I would just roll back and forth between them all night, and nurse in my sleep. Both of our babies liked to be "spooned," so dw would spoon one, and then we'd somehow trade when that baby needed to nurse. Honestly, I don't remember much from that time, but I think since you already have nursing/co-sleeping experience, it won't be nearly as hard for you as it would be for a first time mom of twins. Regardless, I think co-sleeping is much easier than having to get up out of bed and get two waking babies all night long! I do hope that you have a king-sized bed, though!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#64 of 68 Old 03-20-2006, 12:09 PM

Well, we just got the ultrasound and there's only one . . . I feel kind of silly, I was so certain there were two! Hehe. I just wonder if my earlier intuition was right and there were two before . . . I don't know? Anyway, bye ladies! Good luck with your twins! I'm pretty relieved I won't have to figure out the logistics of caring for newborn twins and a two-year-old. Plus I have more birth options now. Good luck to you all, you have a wonderful blessing!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#65 of 68 Old 03-20-2006, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Caitlyn-dont feel silly! You never know how many were in there initially. Thanks for sharing with us.

Lex-thanks for the info. We DO have a king size bed!!!! I am not too big in the boobage, so I was pretty decent at nursing laying down from the beginning, but you are right...with all of the diaper changes of 2 initially, I will probably do more of what you did. Did you have the EZ 2 nurse pillow?

#66 of 68 Old 03-21-2006, 01:55 AM

A king bed would be so nice. We cosleep with our 15 month twins (since the days they came home from the hospital) and our 3 year old boy in a queen bed. At first there was plenty of room but now its a fight over space. However I thought I'd throw it out there that it is possible in a queen bed.
#67 of 68 Old 03-22-2006, 09:56 AM

Hi guys,

Just wanted to update you all and let you know the u/s yesterday (I went in a week early because I couldn't wait anymore) showed *just one* little bean with a little heartbeat thumping away! I was worried I'd be disappointed, but I wasn't at all. I was just so relieved. I love my twins, but I think one set is enough for anybody. I'm really excited to get to experience a singleton pregnancy and birth and infancy (especially considering that I'll still have my twins!).

midwestmom: I used the nursing pillow from www.doubleblessings.com . There are so many with similar names, that I just refer to it as that one. It is very important to get the foam version. I also recommend getting an extra cover, since nursing when ours was in the wash was really difficult! (I had thrush, and my babies were always spitting up on the pillow, so we had to wash the cover a lot).

Anyway, best of luck to you all, and I'm sure I'll be seeing you around in this forum! Having twins is such a blessing

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#68 of 68 Old 03-24-2006, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

lex-congrats on your singleton and thanks for the advice .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page