Who's twins were born at home? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-21-2006, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was curious how many twins on this forum were born at home. If they were, what state do you live in? Mine were born at home with a licensed midwife and I live in MI. From what I understand, in MI licensed midwives can deliver twins out of hospitals and CNM can deliver twins in a hospital but only with an OB supervising.

Blessed mama of four
::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-22-2006, 12:50 PM

I had triplets. I was plannina HB till they found the other 2 babies . I still feel really ripped off and gipped that I had no stay in MY delivery and care og MY babies! If you can have a HB with twins...I say DO IT!!!! I would in a heartbeat!!!!!
#3 of 8 Old 02-28-2006, 01:14 AM

Mine were born @ home! I'm in CA. I'd not do it any other way, if I could at all help it! I did have OB backup until 37 weeks, "just in case." Don't know what the legal status is - my midwife did want us to keep it quiet until after the birth.
#4 of 8 Old 02-28-2006, 09:10 PM

Mine were born at home also! Not that you didn't that already Nancy I am in CA and had a CNM and we also kept it quiet until after. My mw originally said she would not do it so I *planned* it with another mw and then never called her The babies were born so fast that she would not have made it anyway
#5 of 8 Old 02-28-2006, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymom
I was curious how many twins on this forum were born at home. If they were, what state do you live in? Mine were born at home with a licensed midwife and I live in MI. From what I understand, in MI licensed midwives can deliver twins out of hospitals and CNM can deliver twins in a hospital but only with an OB supervising.
Not from this forum but I saw the thread on the main page...

I just want to clarify that Michigan does not have a licensure statute for direct entry midwives. CNMs may be licensed as nurses but, aside from independent certification through NARM or where ever, there is no governmental regulation over midwives.

Sorry to be picky.
#6 of 8 Old 03-03-2006, 11:40 AM

It's nice to see other moms who birthed their twins at home! This is our plan. We have a primary midwife and a second midwife who are going to be there for the birth. We actually haven't told our family that we're having twins. My family is nervous enough about the whole homebirth thing that this would send them over the edge if we shared it with them prenatally. I feel really confident about birthing at home b/c the lay midwives in this area have a great amount of experience with twins, so they are very comfortable with providing us with care.

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#7 of 8 Old 03-03-2006, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Kate does your family live near you? Because once they see your gigantic belly there will be no denying twins!! I wish you the best for your homebirth.

Blessed mama of four
::
#8 of 8 Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 PM

valid point! i'm 24wks now and i've gotten away with it so far. they live 30 miles away, but we actually don't see them as much as you would think. my mom and dad both still work and my sis and her DD live with them so they are a pretty busy household. my parents perfected the art of living in a perpetual state of denial when my sibs and i were teenagers and i'm counting on that carrying them through until at least may hopefully!

my SIL who lives in another state, however, saw me at around 19-20wks and has been buggin my DH ever since-- are you sure there aren't two of them in there?- to which my DH says, i guess we'll find out for sure eventually!

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page