i need triplet stroller advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-29-2006, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im due with twins at the end of summer... dd is 8 mos now.. will barely be a yr when the twins are born ( dr wants to deliver early so it could be sooner-long story)... i need a triplet or quad stroller as i have the following
ds10 dd8 ds5 dd3 dd 8mos and twins... dd 3 still needs to ride at times and dd 8 mos will not be walking so the 3 yr old can ride... ive seen a really nice quad stroller... mom w. 2 sets of twins then mom w. quads... i have the name written down somewhere..

also another mom said to get 2 front/backs and join them together... that just seems awkward...

ive seen some triplet strollers... i dont DONT like the j.mason... it just looks flimsy....

i dont need one for infant seats... and i dont want a jogging stroller... peg perego's run a tad bit short for me to push...... so im not sure what im left with?? ideally id love a huge storage basket and cup holders for me... i love to get out and take all my kids places so this is a must...

these twins came as a total shocker to me... i dont like ultrasounds and the dr i have is fine with that however this time he was adamant that i needed atleast one... i was terrified, thinking baby was sick etc...but then i thought baby was just active... well no you see i have 2 babies... nice huh? we still didtn want to know if they were boy girl etc...

any suggestions would be great....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 04:11 PM

I have the Moutain Buggy doulble urban stroller and LOVE it!!! It changed my life. I know that they make a triple (not sure about a quad), and you can also get a riding board that will attach in the back on any of their strollers for an older child. (So maybe you could get a triple stroller with a ride on board for your 3 year old?)

It is simply the most amazing baby item we have bought. It cost a ton, but you can find them used occassionally on Ebay, craigslist and through moms of multiples clubs too.

It is marketed as a jogging stroller (which I know you said you don't want), but it has a lot more support and the seats go all the way up or down (unlike some joggers). The mobility is awesome and I can turn it with one finger. The handlebar adjusts to different heights so it's comfortalbe for me and my husband who is tall. We use it out and about and it is awesome - can't say enough good things about it.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:13 PM

We also own a Mountain Buggy and love it but I had another thought, albeit probably just as expensive... Get a Valco double with a toddler seat and while you have four riders, sling a babe. Over time the three year old won't want to ride any longer and you can put the child just older than the twins in the toddler seat and when that child is done riding, you've got a double stroller left for your twins. The Valco is very similar to the MBUD. Good luck and congratulations!

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
Old 05-29-2006, 10:26 PM

I had the hardest time finding a good triple stroller because in so many, not all the seats go flat. If there is one for sell near you, I would recommend checking out an old Inseglina triple pram. They don't make them any more, but that was what I wanted but couldn't find one local to look at before buying. You can even set up the frame for 4 seats and make all the seats face in, all face forward, all face you, or a combo. Good luck!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Old 05-29-2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmvh
We also own a Mountain Buggy and love it but I had another thought, albeit probably just as expensive... Get a Valco double with a toddler seat and while you have four riders, sling a babe. Over time the three year old won't want to ride any longer and you can put the child just older than the twins in the toddler seat and when that child is done riding, you've got a double stroller left for your twins. The Valco is very similar to the MBUD. Good luck and congratulations!
I have the Valco twin w/ toddler seat and I love love love it. Here are some photos

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...2/92ff8173.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...2/42c4ca40.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...2/IMG_1008.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...2/IMG_1008.jpg
Old 05-30-2006, 12:25 AM

That valco with the toddler seat is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Who knew?!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

bumping to see if any new ideas are there
Old 06-09-2006, 03:40 AM

I've been using a side-by-side double (hand-me-down so I don't know the brand) and slinging the third girl a lot lately. It is so much easier to maneuver.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:30 PM

I just recently got the Mountain Buggy Urban Double and I absolutely love it too! It really is AWESOME! My second time taking it out we went to the beach and I was able to push it across the sand no problem (here's a pic ). It manuevers so easily - even one handed. I was truly amazed by it. I plan to get a riding board for my toddler (or older dd - whoever happens to need a ride).

But I agree that the Valco has that cool toddler seat attachment, so with that plus a riding board you could accomidate your 8 mo & your 3 yo easily, without going wider.

What's that other twin/triplet stroller out there? It's super expensive but looks awesome - kind of looks like the seats are stacked in a row (not the wide configuration but straight ahead of each other). Anyone know what I'm talking about? That's not a jogging stroller of any kind and I'd assume you could attach a riding board to the back. I think it was something like $900-1200 for a triplet though.

ETA: Nevermind on that last suggestion. I found it & it takes infant carseats. It's here just in case. They do sell a toddler seat attachment too though.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:21 AM

There is also one called a runabout that doesn't use the carseats, but also doesn't fold. Also, the triple decker can have toddler seats installed. I have one and it is great!

Old 06-27-2006, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

we got the quad stroller... it fits in the car... its simple to fold... easy to clean...
Old 07-07-2006, 05:00 PM

I had a babytrend breckenridge triple stroller. I loved it! and it was affordable, just what I needed! lol
Old 07-12-2006, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Mountain Buggy Triple Here! (I have the Peg Triple - hate it! - but need it sometimes as it is "train style" and fits through normal size doors for Dr. appt.s, etc.)

Check out the pic!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doien/79857453/

TripMom . . . . . loving mom : to DS (7) and BBG (4.5)

User Tag List