Drumroll please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-04-2006, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now that the wee ones are asleep for more than 30 seconds and I can do more than just read a post, I would like to post the "official" intro of my brand new, yummy twins.

Santino Pasquale C*** (aka Sonny)
Born June 23, 2006 at 11:06 AM
6 lbs 0.1 oz
19 in. long
13 1/4 in. head
11 3/4 in. chest

Mia Gianna C***
Born June 23, 2006 at 11:07 AM
6 lbs 8.5 oz
20 in. long
12 1/2 in. head
12 1/4 in. chest

The twins were born by planned c/s, which I am still trying to process. While I knew it was going to happen, it was far worse than I expected. First they would not let me have my hubby with me while they did the spinal. Then the doc had to hit me four times with the needle, causing me to freak out and have a panic attack. That just further prolonged the pain of it all and caused the doc to say I was "too worked up" and deny hubby entrance to the OR. Once they gotthe spinal done and laid me back down, I feel very uncomfy and try to tell them that my neck/back is at a weird angle and that it pinches and hurts. But since I am so numb, there is nothing I can do fix it. So I am begging them to fix it, but they are not doing anything to help. So here I am having a panic attack, in an uncomfortable position with the added fun of having a hard time breathing (between the weight of my chest and the weight of my tummy- I had already "vageled" out earlier) and I suddenly have the need to puke. THAT they responded to and rolled me over to (what ended up being) dry heave for a while. I remeber begging for them to "help me, someone please help me". Then, nothing. Apparently the doc decided to knock me out. I woke up to the sound of one of my babies crying. I was unable to open my eyes for a bit, but I know I was talking (I was asking who was crying), as they asked me what I was saying a few times. Then I drifted off again. When I came to again I was able to open my eyes after a bit (I lay there listening a bit first) and ask for my DH. He had been denied access and was watching from the scrub room. He told me later that they had tried to remove him and have him wait in te recovery room, but he refused to move and even stayed while my OB scrubbed in. I heard the anesthesiologist say that I was calm enough, to let DH in. From there I sort of floated in and out while DH held my hand and talked to me. I was only "awake" for the last half hour of the OB closing me (DH told me later). I was finally awake enough to be really aware of what was going on when they moved me to the recovery room. From there I was pretty OK. They sat me up a little bit and I was able to hold and nurse my little ones for the first time. Dh was there with me and I actually felt pretty ok with the exception of the itchies (and when they rolled me to change my pad - YEOW!!).

Well, that was my birth experience. We are home now after 5 days/4 nights in the hospital and I am healing slowly but surely. Even with all of the pain, I would do it all over again (said as I look at me beautiful sleeping babies : ).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2006, 09:57 PM

Congratulations on your new little ones! I hope you have a wonderful babymoon to recover from the birth and enjoy your beautiful babies. I am so sorry it was that traumatic. Those docs should be ashamed of themselves. What is this 1950 again?

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:02 PM

Congratulations! I'm so glad everyone is doing well despite your delivery experience. It takes time to process something like that.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:51 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your babies--those are beautiful names, too. I'm presuming Italian...
So sorry the delivery was rough--I hope you have some help and some time to relax and process it all.

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
Old 07-04-2006, 10:57 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the world! I love the names you picked as well.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcolorado
Congratulations on the birth of your babies--those are beautiful names, too. I'm presuming Italian...
Yes, DH is first generation here and we chose to stick with more "traditional" names. And Pasquale was his dads middle name (he passed away when DH was 15).
Old 07-05-2006, 03:37 AM

Welcome to the world little ones!

I can not beleive the docs won't let dh's in the room when mom is not *calm enough*. Wouldn't the love and support of dh help calm her down? I am sorry you had to deal with that but so happy for your family that you have 2 new healthy additions
Old 07-05-2006, 10:25 AM

Wow, mama! Kudos to you for being so brave and strong during a difficult ordeal! You sound wonderful!

Congratulations on having two beautiful babes!

"We think we're gliding down the highway when in fact we're slip sliding away." Paul Simon
DD-7 & B-G twins, 5
Old 07-05-2006, 11:07 AM

Congrats I am soooo sorry your experience was as it was. You were treated terribly.

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

Old 07-07-2006, 01:45 PM

i finally found it! welcome little ones!!!
docs are just so inconsiderate at times..which is why everyone shoudl have a Doula! lol!
but talk about beautiful..those babies are beautiful!!!

User Tag List